“Year "Round Creative Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Year "Round Creative Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Yummy and creative food, friendly urban-esque bar scene with lots of ambience and great apps. Fun drinks are worth every penny. Chef witll share recipes (thank you!) and I love the seasonal changes. There is always an Asian -fusion selection as well as unusually good Lobster Mac N Cheese. Scargo knows how to prepare fresh fish and you cannot be disappointed. Quality is evident at this restaurant and the focus is clearly on freshness and upcale tastes from apps to desserts. Unbelievable as it sounds, the grapenut custard (their original recipe) really IS a delight! Call for reservations for more than two people.

Visited August 2012

New York
“Always a great meal here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Scargo Cafe has never disappointed me when it comes to getting a good meal. I have however been sad that sometimes I fall in love with a dish and find that the next year it is not on the menu. If you see something you'd like to try keep that it mind as it might be a now or never decision. Two such meals were Wildcat Chicken (I hear it is sometimes offered as a special but since we vacation at the Cape, I may have missed it as we are there at most 2 weeks a year) and Shrimp Frangelica. Wish I knew how to make these myself, they were really, really good.

The last few times I have had seafood dishes, either swordfish or salmon and these were delicious. My husband has had the Filet Trio Arabica, tenderloins of beef with a rich coffee rub, sautéed in a hazelnut demi glaze, served atop Yukon gold potato cakes,
with fresh steamed spinach and sauteed mushrooms. This is really delicious as well.

The location is right on 6A in Dennis near the Cape Playhouse. They take reservations but only for a percentage of the seating capacity. I think it was something like 30%. You could have a short wait but it's worth it!

I'll be back and I hope you give them a try!

Visited August 2012
North Clarendon, Vermont
“Outstanding service, great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were in the mood for fresh, local seafood and the Scargo Cafe exceeded our expectations in every way. A gluten free menu, attentive wait staff and expertly prepared meals made for a most enjoyable evening. Although we did not order their famous grape nut custard, our server went out of his way to bring us a copy of the recipe to try at home. Looking forward to a return visit next year for sure.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We're Hooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined on Sept 1st. We both had the lobster and sweet pea risotto which was gluten free. It exceeded our expectations for both quality and portion size. We also enjoyed a gluten free ginger shrimp salad. We wish we had found the Scargo Cafe earlier in our trip so we could have returned. Rest assured we will return on our next trip to the Cape. We highly recommend giving this place a try!

Boston, Massachusetts
“"Good food, good ambience, great wait staff"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our last night on vacation we came here for an intimate dinner. Even though we wanted a Friday evening dinner reservation, we called on Tuesday and easily booked an early seating. We arrived 15 minutes early and were seated promptly. We found all the staff from the hostess to our waitress to be warm, friendly, and pleasant. The room in which we were seated was like a large, cozy dining room in someone's gracious, well appointed home. My husband ordered the chicken stir fry and I had swordfish. The waitress was very attentive to my special request about the lemon butter and salad dressing and more helpful than most wait staff I have encountered. We both were happy with our delicious and generous entrees. The only thing better was the incredibly yummy molten lava chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream. And did I mention the bread? Warm, soft, and the best restaurant bread we've had in a long time. When we're back in Dennis again, we'll head for the Scargo Cafe. When you're in the area, we recommend that you do, too.

• Visited August 2012