“There are two - both about the same” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Dennis
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“There are two - both about the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My friends and I hit Chapins on the north side once or twice a year. It is always crowded and loud, the food as a whole is pretty good. I have read a few reviews and there is also a sister restaurant on the south side - loud, dark and pretty much a beach bar. The food is average, but the entertainment has generally been good. If you are looking for a hopping bar and dining experience - the north side with it's outside raw bar is your pick. If you want night life and a bar with a band - you might like the south side.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great Family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went to Chapins for our last dinner meal on the Cape. We were warmly greeted and sat right away. Our three year old enjoyed the view of the small courtyard lawn by our table and the childrens menu did not disappoint. I got the lobster and was very pleased with the price and quality of it. My husband who is allergic to seafood got the philly cheesesteak sandwich and was quite happy with his meal as well. I would not hesitate to go back especially with a picky 3yr old in tow.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Slingerlands, New York
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We loved the food here! Hubby, myself and my two daughters, 17 and 6 loved it. Nice family menu and very well priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Tradition of good food continues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I rented a place in Dennis and had heard about Chapins. It’s true, this a really good place to eat lunch or dinner, particularly if you like fish. I had baked cod and it was perfect- the fish was tender and coated with bread crumbs. My wife had a cobb salad and it was huge. Their menu offers a wide range of choices from fresh locally caught fish to steaks and Italian food. Their prices are reasonable for the cape- my baked cod was $16.99

The other thing we had heard about this restaurant is that it can get very crowded. We did see people waiting but my wife and I got right in. Chapins is a large place with several dinning areas inside and out. It has lots of room around tables and is the perfect place for families. The wait staff is very good and operate with almost military precision, moving around huge amounts of food and weaving in out of tables.

Chapins offers valet parking which is really the best option because the restaurant is near a residential area and there are other few places to park. If you are coming off the beach, this is the good place to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Trumbull, Connecticut
“OK food, but loud and dark place. Not for families.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a big party restaurant! It is NOT for families! Many people were drunk and screaming. The place smelled badly and is dirty, there is crap all over the floor. Dinner is served on paper plates, which I hate! You can't see what your eating, or for that matter, read the menu. The food was just OK. We ordered fish and chips, a buffalo chicken wrap, and lobster roll. Each thing was OK, chicken wrap was the best out of all of them. If we return, it will be just me and my wife, it is not for children at all!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere