“Wine Tasting Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Bonaire
“Wine Tasting Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I went to the wine tasting put on by Sarah Webber, an amazing rep from Commonwealth Wine and Spirits.. I know her Dad who used to own Patriot's Sq. Liquors. Harves Winebar t hosted the wine tasting. There were 5 flights of amazing Oregon Pinot Gris and Noir..wow...20.00 included a lovely cheese plate. GREAT music by Chandler Travis..truly a fun night..as I left, a bunch of oldsters were coming in..mix crowd, great food, Annie the bartender and well, just overall a really great vibe. Next week is Merriam Vineyards from the Russian River. NOT TO MISS.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Music, Good Atmosphere, Horrible Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I went to Harvest Gallery Wine Bar for the first time with my parents this past weekend to hear a musician friend of theirs who was playing there that night. The place has great atmosphere and the music was incredible, but the man who "greeted" us at the door (and who I am told is the owner) was awful. My parents were able to enter without incident but the rest of us were stopped by this guy and given very specific instructions as to where we could stand before we could even get in to say hello to anyone. We wanted to divide up our party so that some could sit at a table and others could sit at two available seats at the bar but we were told that "we don't do that here" and that we could not divide our party. However, we were also not given permission to add any chairs to the available table, meaning that my father had to stand in the back, and that in fact, our party was divided. When another couple arrived (also first time visitors), they were "greeted" with "I'm in charge here and you need to move." Charming really. Also, this place is seemingly not air-conditioned (or at least not effectively), and because it's small and crowded, it gets very warm. When a couple near us mentioned the heat to this same guy, his snippy response was basically suck it up. Could have been handled a bit more tactfully even if the result were the same. As he walked away the woman seemed rather stunned.

Overall the music was absolutely fabulous, the atmosphere was very hip, and the wine selection was great, but none of that seemed to matter because all anyone could talk about was how outrageous this guy was. This is the first time I have ever written a review like this, and my family is very very understanding (you could bring us the wrong food and we wouldn't complain). But at this place, the customer is always wrong.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
HGWB, Owner at Harvest Gallery Wine Bar, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I love people and rarely get upset by patrons. Space is limited at Harvest and thats why it has such a great reputation. On a weekend as busy as fourth of july, large parties are tough to accomodate. Under the said circumstances there was a lack of communication about my waiting list, seating capacity and fire codes of which I take full blame, but I do consider the false description of a conversation I had with another table an unfair assault.
Park City, Utah
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The music was good but the service was so horrible we will never return. The person "in charge" aka owner lacks the social skills required to own a place of service.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
I stand by my reputation and would be willing to respond more thoughtfully if your comments had more details surounding your incident.
Bonaire
“Months ending with the letter "R"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

then, they have cheap .99 cent raw bar..fabulous spot for raw bar, snacks, wine and music...I love it here..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Our first impression didn't extend to subsequent visits - too bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Wrote a very positive review in 2008. However, on subsequent trips the music was just too loud and distorted to be tolerated. The food remained good, but if you don't get one of the few seats a few tables away from the band, the noise can be just too discordant and unpleasant to be an enjoyable evening. Too bad because it had the makings of a favorite place and now we don't even have it on our list for consideration.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere