“Comfortable hotel for visiting Boston” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Dedham
USA
“Comfortable hotel for visiting Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend while visiting family nearby. This is a great place to stay if you want to visit Boston and drive your car. It is right next to I-95 but there is absolutely no sound from the highway.

My husband and I and our adult daughter were totally comfortable. We had a separate bedroom with a Queen bed. Our daughter slept on the pull out sofa and said she was very comfortable. The living area was completely separated from the bedroom The suite had a very user-friendly kitchen and good size desk.

The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. There is also a pool and a fitness room.

I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Boston and need a car. Parking fees at downtown hotels are outrageous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We like hearing about the experience our guests have and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree, the suites are comfortable and offer so much more than a standard hotel room with their full kitchen living room and separate bedroom. We are also within walking distance to the MBTA commuter rail to South Station in Boston which offers another way to avoid the high parking prices in Boston. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

When going for a short trip recently, we had a few problems on check-in. First they gave us a studio room when we booked a one-bedroom. Then, when we got the one bedroom, it smelled stale and had visible dirt on the sofa and table. Overall hotel room was small, but modern.

• Stayed July 2012
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our goal is always to exceed our guest's expectations and we take all comments very seriously. We appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with our staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went here for a weekend of work. After working all week and having to travel and work the weekend I was not overly thrilled. But the hotel was perfect, clean quiet and very isolated from road soounds. The gym was not as nice or equiped as other facilities of Marriotts I have been in but it was adequate enough for my usage for the two days there. The pool was nice clean and not over chlorined. The hours for adults in the pool should be better than 10pm since I arrived at 9pm I did not have time to use the pool or the hot tub as I would have wanted because the pool closes at 10. When asked why the clerk stated no one to watch the people. I said do you have staff in there al day when it is open and she replied no but at night we close because there is no staff to watch? Okay I quess dah.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We agree, the hotel is comfortable and our full suites offer a lot of space to spread out in for short or long stays. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently spent almost four weeks at the Residence Inn in Dedham while working on a project in the area. I found the hotel to be comfortable and a very nice place to call home for a few weeks.

The full kitchen (dishwasher, large refrigerator, stovetop-but no oven) was fabulous for preparing meals, cutting down on the number of times I ate out. The decor is updated and modern, and the bathroom had ample space and counter top area. (You girls will understand the importance of that comment.)

I only took advantage of the breakfast and evening buffet a few times. They offered more choices than I expected...Just one word of advice: arrive early, or the food will be gone.

My only complaint about this property would be the strong smell of smoke that permeated the stairwells. While this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, the smokers must be "cheating" by smoking in the entryways or something. Without the smoke odor, I would have definitely given it a perfect score.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our newly renovated hotel and guest suites. We strive to provide a "home away from home", especially for our extended stay travelers. Being away from home is hard enough and it is important to be as comfortable as possible when away on long trips. We apologize for the smoke smell you experienced. We are 100% non-smoking and address any issues as soon as we are made aware of them. Thank you for your feedback on that as well. I hope you will stay with us again on you next visit to the area!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently spent almost 3 weeks at the Residence Inn in Dedham and overall it was a pleasant experience. I was in between closings on homes and needed a place that would allow me to bring my cat, so that's how I ended up here. The room was very clean with a stovetop, microwave, full fridge and dishwasher. They supplied dishes, silverware, pots, pans, etc. I was surprised there is no safe in the room. Since this is an extended stay hotel, odds are people will have items they'd like to lock up. The free breakfast was very good with a nice variety. There is a large grill outside that looked pretty new as well as a sitting area with tables & chairs. I used the workout room a few times and my only suggestion would be that they have spray cleaner for the machines & mount some hand sanitizer on the wall. As far as the staff go, most were very friendly and helpful. There was one woman working the front desk that could use some customer service training. I don't know her name because she never wore a name badge, but she was working when I checked out on 7/17. After staying 3 weeks and spending a small fortune, I expected a little more than a "thanks" when I checked out. I also was not thrilled that the gentleman who checked me in said my room number out loud in the lobby - HUGE pet peeve for me. Had I been alone, I would have requested a different room because there was a man sitting nearby when this happened. Some type of hand out or explanation about amenities and breakfast/dinner schedule at check in would have been helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to exceed our guest's expectations. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon. The safety and security of our guests are very important to us and we will share your comments with our staff to make sure they are adhering to our check- in procedures. We look forward to providing you with comfortable accommodations in the future.
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am at the point that I must often travel with an elderly pet and the Residence Inn is the perfect fit for use when visiting the area. Paying a $100 one time fee is mandatory and your door is tagged that an animal is inside for hotel staff. The hotel is clean and comfortable, with rooms that vary from studio to 1 or 2 bedroom suites. The bedroom offers privacy for my door, the tiled kitchen area provides a good spot for water and food dishes. The amenities for 2 legged guests are a pool, exercise room, and full breakfast every morning. At the highway intersection are Walgreens, CVS, Joe's American Grill, and Legacy Shopping Center with stores and several restaurants, which makes the stay all the better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay! I know traveling can be very challenging if you have to worry about leaving your pet behind. I hope we will be able to provide accommodations for you in the future. Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.
Pittston, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our first stay at this facility could not have been any better. The rooms were very clean and updated, and the staff was genuinely friendly. All members of the staff were eager to help you in any way possible. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. The whole team is here to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I hope we will see you again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!