“Nice, updated and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Dedham
Minneapolis, MN
“Nice, updated and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently spent almost four weeks at the Residence Inn in Dedham while working on a project in the area. I found the hotel to be comfortable and a very nice place to call home for a few weeks.

The full kitchen (dishwasher, large refrigerator, stovetop-but no oven) was fabulous for preparing meals, cutting down on the number of times I ate out. The decor is updated and modern, and the bathroom had ample space and counter top area. (You girls will understand the importance of that comment.)

I only took advantage of the breakfast and evening buffet a few times. They offered more choices than I expected...Just one word of advice: arrive early, or the food will be gone.

My only complaint about this property would be the strong smell of smoke that permeated the stairwells. While this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, the smokers must be "cheating" by smoking in the entryways or something. Without the smoke odor, I would have definitely given it a perfect score.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our newly renovated hotel and guest suites. We strive to provide a "home away from home", especially for our extended stay travelers. Being away from home is hard enough and it is important to be as comfortable as possible when away on long trips. We apologize for the smoke smell you experienced. We are 100% non-smoking and address any issues as soon as we are made aware of them. Thank you for your feedback on that as well. I hope you will stay with us again on you next visit to the area!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently spent almost 3 weeks at the Residence Inn in Dedham and overall it was a pleasant experience. I was in between closings on homes and needed a place that would allow me to bring my cat, so that's how I ended up here. The room was very clean with a stovetop, microwave, full fridge and dishwasher. They supplied dishes, silverware, pots, pans, etc. I was surprised there is no safe in the room. Since this is an extended stay hotel, odds are people will have items they'd like to lock up. The free breakfast was very good with a nice variety. There is a large grill outside that looked pretty new as well as a sitting area with tables & chairs. I used the workout room a few times and my only suggestion would be that they have spray cleaner for the machines & mount some hand sanitizer on the wall. As far as the staff go, most were very friendly and helpful. There was one woman working the front desk that could use some customer service training. I don't know her name because she never wore a name badge, but she was working when I checked out on 7/17. After staying 3 weeks and spending a small fortune, I expected a little more than a "thanks" when I checked out. I also was not thrilled that the gentleman who checked me in said my room number out loud in the lobby - HUGE pet peeve for me. Had I been alone, I would have requested a different room because there was a man sitting nearby when this happened. Some type of hand out or explanation about amenities and breakfast/dinner schedule at check in would have been helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to exceed our guest's expectations. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon. The safety and security of our guests are very important to us and we will share your comments with our staff to make sure they are adhering to our check- in procedures. We look forward to providing you with comfortable accommodations in the future.
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am at the point that I must often travel with an elderly pet and the Residence Inn is the perfect fit for use when visiting the area. Paying a $100 one time fee is mandatory and your door is tagged that an animal is inside for hotel staff. The hotel is clean and comfortable, with rooms that vary from studio to 1 or 2 bedroom suites. The bedroom offers privacy for my door, the tiled kitchen area provides a good spot for water and food dishes. The amenities for 2 legged guests are a pool, exercise room, and full breakfast every morning. At the highway intersection are Walgreens, CVS, Joe's American Grill, and Legacy Shopping Center with stores and several restaurants, which makes the stay all the better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay! I know traveling can be very challenging if you have to worry about leaving your pet behind. I hope we will be able to provide accommodations for you in the future. Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.
Pittston, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our first stay at this facility could not have been any better. The rooms were very clean and updated, and the staff was genuinely friendly. All members of the staff were eager to help you in any way possible. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. The whole team is here to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I hope we will see you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were in the area visiting our son and his family and found this hotel to be clean and well kept. It is located a few hundred yards away from the busy intersection just off of I-95 and you cannot hear any traffic. It sits behind a new shopping area that includes a Costco and a Whole Foods. The hotel and shopping area appear to be in a good, safe area and early one morning I walked from the hotel to the shopping center. The Whole Foods in the shopping center is new and large and has a great cafe with tables and chairs.

We will stay here again when we are in the area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location! The new Whole Foods at Legacy Place is currently the largest in MA and they are proud to say totally GREEN. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Admittedly, I hevn't been to this hotel since late Fall 2012. That said, I have stayed here multiple times for business over the least few years and I find the service and amenities to be excellent. The staff is incredibly courteous and helpful and the location adjacent to Legacy Place is ideal.

I would love to see a more up-to-date workout facility, but the local area is a nice place to run.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments and allowing us to be your "go-to hotel"! We appreciate the kind words about our staff and will share your feedback with them. We agree, we are in a great location with Legacy Place within walking distance as well as the commuter rail to Boston. While we are a bit challenged with space for our Fitness Room, we do have an arrangement with the Planet Fitness which is less than a mile from the hotel that might work for you on longer stays. Please check with our Front Desk for details. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Boston/Dedham area.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed one night at the Residence Inn with my 20 month old son while we were visiting friends in Jamaica Plain nearby. The hotel was not able to accommodate our requested early check-in which, with a toddler needing a nap, was tough. Also, they had no luggage carts available on check-in and no staff to go find me one so I had to try and bring in all our bags and take care of my son on my own while checking in with no help (hubby was not on this trip with us). They did accommodate our request for a quiet room away from things and actually put a couple with a baby next to us so neither of us minded when the babes woke up for a bit in the night. The room was really nice - very spacious for a 1bdr suite and well appointed kitchen (full sized fridge, stovetop, dishwasher and microwave). A couple of lamps didn't work, but that was OK. TV in suite area didn't work, but front desk person came up and fixed it (plugs had come loose during cleaning). I was very happy with the room and it worked out great with a kid. Clean, furnishings and carpet seems pretty new. The only complaint was a puddle of water and rust in the tub from a shower leak. I called downstairs and informed them of this, but they said they could not do anything about it. I didn't feel comfortable bathing my son in the tub because of it and if we'd been staying more than one night, I would have asked to change rooms. Breakfast was so-so but good enough. Pool was clean enough for a hotel and pretty much empty so me and my son got in two swims. Pool towels left a lot to be desired - skimpy to say the least. Overall I would say this is a good place to stay with a child for a couple of nights. When I did finally snag a luggage cart next morning, it was small and very old and falling apart - they can definitely do to upgrade those and increase the amount of them. No staff offered to help me as I tried to wheel the full cart and again, wrangle a toddler out to the car, but a nice man staying in the hotel did help me. So, staff could do to be more helpful and more plentiful (besides the front desk person, I didn't see many staff members at all except for cleaning staff). Also, good location depending on where in Boston you are going to. Not accessible to the T, I don't think, but lots of restaurants, pharmacies, etc all right there. Since I wasn't going into the city at all, it fit the bill for our needs. Price was quite good for a suite I thought (I used AAA).

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor.