“Excellent staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Ariadne Road , US 1A &I 95/ 128, Junction of Route 1A & I-95, Dedham, MA 02026   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
“Excellent staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

First impression left me a little depressed knowing that I was here for 10 days. Rooms are decent size but bathrooms tiny and stains on carpet reminded me to keep my shoes. No bar in the hotel for socializing with our group left us all in the Lobby. One request to staff and we were given access to our own conference room and supplied with anything we asked for. Early breakfast requests, shuttle services and transit info always supplied with a smile. We stayed for a hockey tournament with 15 year old boys and everyone was treated so well by staff. Location is great with Legacy place right across the street, great shopping for EVERYONE, entertainment for teens and kids at movie theatre and bowling, Whole Foods for groceries and quick eats and loads of restaurants including PF Changs! Ask staff for transit options to downtown Boston, it was so easy and we learned quickly to avoid unbelievable traffic and parking rates downtown. To sum it up the hotel is a little tired but the location is great and the staff really are "10's"!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! My staff does go above and beyond and it really shows when we see the great compliments you made. We appreciate the time that you took to rate and review us and can't wait until you come back and stay with us again.

Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I have stayed in several hotels around New England over the past couple years that were rated between 2 and 4 stars. This hotel was rated a 3 but has been by far the worst place we have ever roomed. How it bears the name of Holiday Inn is beyond us. I will start by saying that we had no issue with the staff. However, the room was horrendous. First, the bed was the worst feature. It must have been from the 1980's. It was just an old-fashioned spring mattress that was as hard as a rock. Never mind that it was just about two feet off the ground. Second, the carpeting was disgusting. I have never seen so many stains in a hotel room before. I felt uncomfortable taking my shoes off. Third, the bathroom didn't even have an electric fan. It just had this ceiling vent located IN the shower that caused a nice musty smell. There was great water pressure though! Lastly, there was no sound-proofing in any of the doors. We could hear everything that was going on in the room next to us (connecting doors) and everything that was going on outside our door. Additionally, there was a two inch gap between the bottom of our door and the door jam. This does not lead to a sense of privacy or security. I just want to end by noting that we got stuck with a room on the two floor addition to the hotel. Maybe the rooms in the main part of the hotel (you know, it actually looks like a hotel rather than a motel) are better. I would not gamble on this place though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry for your experience here. We do strive our best to give 100% guest satisfaction to every single guest we have stay with us. I would like to you know that I have reviewed your comments with our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeping Manager and we are taking steps to improve our hotel in every single issue you mentioned.

These surveys are a great way to hear directly from our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns. I do hope the next time you are in the are you try us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a platinum member, one expects to check into the hotel with no problem when you have a reservation. Here is what REALLY happened:

1. 9pm when I am a block away from check in, I get a call that my room has plumbing problems, so I have to stay 8 miles further from the office (which is a horrible congested roadway) at comfort inn, although the room will be covered. i am told to go directly there
2. 5 minutes later, they say, i have to stop by holiday inn first. as i told them i am already on the way to comfort inn, they said they will fax the reservation. they also assert that i can stay at comfort inn for 2 nights and get 2 free nights anywhere at holiday inn as a compensation for this horrific mistake of holiday inn.

the end of the story: no free stay anywhere (except at the same holiday inn for 1 night) but i am stuck at comfort inn which is another 30 minutes to commute to the office. no one called me during the day either as promised - the hotel manager played the game of "communicating through the front desk person" after i called them.

certainly will check it off my list of priority service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am so sorry for the issues you encountered even before you had the chance to stay at our hotel. I know that sometimes unforseen things may happen and we do our best to satisfy our guests.

I would like to invite you back to try us again for a complimentary night. When you would like to make reservations please contact me directly at asolomon@midlandhc.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My family came to Boston for my fatherto have surgery. This stressful time was made do much easier by the nice and clean rooms, fabulous staff, free shuttle and wonderful attached restaurant. I can't say enough about our stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We at the Holiday Inn Dedham strive to give the best service to all of our guests. I am glad that we made your stressful time, easy for your family. I hope he is well, and hope you can come back and enjoy us again for a more leisure trip.

I have shared your review with our whole staff, thank you again!
ON, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our main reason for going to Boston was to see the Jimmy Buffett Concert in Mansfield.
The Holiday Inn in Dedham was a great mid-way point for us and the location served us well.
The Holiday Inn itself was ok....room was clean; bed was very comfortable but the service at the front desk was not pleasant. Three front desk people actually sighed when asked a question and everything NOT to answer our question - at one point I aked about where to find a coffee shop.
The pool looked nice although we did not use it.
We didn't pay a lot for our room (by Boston standards) and we got a great room.

Room Tip: our room was in the "wing" off the main building, this was handy as we could park our car...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Gwen/Diddle,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is very pleasing to know that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. However, I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience with the front desk staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments will be forwarded to the management of the of the hotel and actions will be taken accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monroe, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night for College graduation in May 2013. We arrived from CT late and found no food service inside or next door available at 930pm. The Bar next door called LAST CALL at 930pm, The rooms were fine. The Bathroom is too small and no counter space. The Breakfast was too expensive for cold food that was suppose to be hot. The only positive was the front desk and restaurant staff were very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Elaine B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the restaurant services and the bathroom size. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I had an extended stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The weekly manager's reception, daily fresh cookies and tasty breakfast buffet made our stay especially pleasant. We received a number of upgrades and appreciated this so much. The location is great for major highways and shopping. The staff is what makes the hotel! Rooms and amenities are more than ample! We highly recommend this hotel if your plans include the Boson/Dedham area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Ann S -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We too enjoy the weekly manager's reception so we can personally see and thank our guests for staying with us. The daily cookies indeed a tasty treat that everyone seems to love. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet - we are so lucky to have such a great chef on property that can make our breafast fresh each morning. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back to visit us again!

I loved sharing this review with our staff, they were delighted to hear it!

Thank you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!