“Not enough service recovery could change my mind.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Dedham
Kingman, Arizona
“Not enough service recovery could change my mind.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A few positive things from my stay: 1. Manny, the gentleman at the front desk during the day and 2. Scott, the bellboy. They are the epitome of excellent customer service and for them Hilton should be proud. The management team did well, considering that they consistently had to 'fix' what others had messed up. Traveling cross country for a funeral I was expecting much more from Hilton. Like I stated previously, Manny and Scott were excellent. I was taken back when I heard that Hilton offers community passes for the pool and gym. Surprised when 20 family members came at once with their children jumping and diving into the clearly stated, "No jumping/ No diving" pool. When I expressed my disappointment with the front desk, they (Rita) blew me off. Management team tried hard to make up for their team mistakes. However, when complimentary snacks were placed in our rooms (all 4 of them) and upon our return of a very long day at the funeral home, my hotel room door was not closed securely. Nothing was missing but I was disgusted at the lack of safety. On my last night, I had tried to make arrangements for the shuttle to take me to the train station the next morning. Harriett, told me that the shuttle was reserved for business service. That was the last straw! I normally stay at Marriott chains but during our family time of mourning, I opted to stay with family... my mistake. Please don't make the same mistake as I did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the missteps in service and pool crowding that hindered your experience. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Harwich, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My recent experience at the Dedham Hilton was a nightmare. I had booked a King room in advance for one night, however, upon arrival; I realized that I would need to extend for a second night. I had a lengthy wait to check in since the desk clerks were very involved in lengthy conversations with other ahead of me. The lobby was uncomfortably hot and the smell of cigarette smoke overpowering since guests were sitting on the steps smoking. When I was able to check in I inquired about a second night and was told that the King room was not available and I would have to move the following day. The desk clerk said she could move me to a double bedded room for both nights and she reportedly did this. The room I was in was dated---no toiletries in the bathroom and a wet bathroom floor and wet bathmat----marginally clean. The following day I had business and did not return to the hotel until nearly 12:30 AM. My hotel key did not work and there was a do not disturb sign on the door. When I asked at the front desk, I was told my room was occupied by another guest. It took some questioning before it was determined that my reservation had apparently not been changed by the clerk at check in and that after trying to call my home, they had packed up my possessions and locked them in lost and found. There was some confusion while the engineer and the front desk person located a key. There I found that my clothing, papers, makeup and the rest of my personal items had been rolled in a ball, stuffed into plastic bags and dumped in a bin with other peoples items. The person at the front desk was pleasant and found me another room, but by the time I reached it, some two hours later; there was little of the night remaining for sleep before a business day. I was checked in with a platinum Amex card on file and am a Hilton Honors member. When I questioned the man at the front desk (who described himself as the manager). the next morning regarding this unprecedented eviction from my room, I was told that this is what they do.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience. We understand your frustration and regret the mismanagement of the situation. We know how important your accommodations can be while traveling for business and we hope you will give us a second chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directy.
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Air Conditioning didn't work for 2 days. Indifferent staff at front desk and bar.
Couldn't use free breakfast offer because restaurant opened too late for business people.
Bar made every one of my drinks wrong.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback in regards to the air conditioning not working in your room. I've worked with maintenance to fix the issue, however, I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience you experienced and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.
Dedham, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was a disaster. They messed up my reservation and my poor parents had to wait for about an hour before they could retire for the night. We were there for my grandmother's funeral and had traveled 9 hrs. It was late and this mistake added frustration, anxiety, and stress to my already exhausted state. The pullout was horribly saggy and the shower curtain really stinky. The staff were terribly inept, unqualified, and obviously untrained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and we regret this was not your impression. Your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality hospitality and accommodations you expect and deserve from our brand.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The staff of a hotel can either enhance or detract form your stay. The staff at the Hilton Dedham MA was so professional. All staff members that we came in contact with were competent, helpful and friendly. We had the most enjoyable stay. We will be returning. I have already recommende this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Boston/Dedham. It is always a pleasure to read that our team ensured you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here many times and I must say they are consistant with the quality of the hotel, service and food. Great location for business and travlelers.Very close to shopping and other good resturants.
Close to the Cape or Boston
I will continue to review it each time I stay to assure nothing has changed

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quite and great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you are a returning guest, we appreciate your loyalty. We will continue to focus to ensure we remain consistent in our service to ensure we see you time and time again. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tewksbury, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Rooms not clean, not quiet, ants crawling on furniture and walls; balcony falling apart; air conditioning not working; no soap for shower; no bartenders for bridal suite; food screwed up; not enough servers. For such an important event as my first to get married I have already started telling family and friends to look someplace else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!