“Basic Accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Basic Accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just off the freeway, basic accomodations. Clean. Through the wall (window type) air conditioning unit. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. It appears to be in a safe area. Convenient to a nice shopping center, with good choice of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear FrugalTraveler,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Fairfield Inn Boston/Dedham. It's always great to hear our guests’ comments on receiving clean, comfortable place to stay at a great value.

The next time you want to visit us. Please contact the sales department I will personally take care of your reservation and accommodations.

Harley Chien,
Area Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Southern Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here in July for the first time based on a sports team booking. I read the reviews and some were critical enough that we were worried. But, for no reason. We checked in painlessly and found our room to be neat, clean and tidy. The hotel is a bit of a maze and it is on the verge of being outdated but it was clean, conveniently located to local transit, an outdoor mall, Costco and a large, modern grocery store. The area isn't pretty, but functional and convenient. The breakfast area is standard, busy but no one left hungry. The staff were very helpful when offering suggestions on navigating the city. There is also a shuttle to the train station. We'd come back.

Dear Southern Ontario,

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again next year.

We just received the proposed schedule for next year's tournament. I hope that you and your team will stay with us in 2014.

I will make sure that you are upgraded to a suite!

Harley Chien
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I come from Massachusetts (lots of years ago). My fiancé had never seen the North East so I took her on a quick trip visiting several places. Since I had rented a car just off of the airport, rates were MUCH cheaper. We ended up renting a car from Harvard Square because we wanted to end there (my fiancé is Thai and her king was born in Cambridge. There are several nice monuments to the Thai king in Harvard Square and she REALLY wanted to visit them. I wanted to stay relatively close to attractions but not pay Boston rates. During this trip we stayed outside Newport, RI, Yarmouth, MA, Princeton, MA and Dedham for our incursions into Boston. We chose this hotel because we are trying add up Marriott points, close to Boston and less that $100.00/night. We accomplished all of the above. Actually the hotel and staff were very nice. I have noticed that the Marriott hotels I have stayed in have very good breakfasts, this one is the best so far! Bed, towels, cleanliness as well as noise levels were excellent. By car, downtown Boston (Coast Guard Station) was about 15 minutes drive straight down I-93. Access from the hotel to the highway took about 3 minutes, very direct. I can not say anything bad about this hotel.......except that there were several buss loads of foreign students (I think Chinese). I'm not bashing Chinese, some of my best friends live in Ft. Lee N.J. and are very pointe, quite, wit great manners. These kids were acting like animals ands taking the food provided like it was their last meal. Maybe all kids are the same when away on a trip but....... From now on, we are planning on going Cape Cod annually but in early September when traffic is less as well as room rates. In September the weather and beaches are beautiful and uncrowned.

Room Tip: I always think higher room are quitter. From the back rooms where I was, you can see the interstat...
Lebanon, Maine, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If I could have found another place I would have move. We came down for a wedding and when we checked in there was a smell in the hallway and as we entered our room we noticed that everything was very damp. The room is extremely small and bathroom tiny. The beds are hard, pillows uncomfortable. The building is very outdated and just offers no comfort at all. If I could have found another place we would have moved.

Room Tip: choose another place to stay
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past stay at the Fairfield Inn Boston/Dedham. We appreciate all of our guest's comments.

I want you to know that it is comments like yours that help us to take a very critical look at our property. It is in light of comments like yours that we have made major purchasing decisions regarding the beds and pillows. We pride ourselves on offering a clean and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price.

I can assure you that all carpeting was recently shampooed, leaving our hotel smelling fresh and clean.

We really want you to come back to see and experience all that we have done to make sure that ALL of our guests have a clean and comfortable room at a great value.

Harley Chien
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We are from canada, we travel to boston 2- 3 times a year for hockey tournaments, it was the first time staying here, I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but I have to say the hotel was great, breakfast is free , you can make your own waffles, rooms clean, staff is friendly, outdoor pool, staff always cleaning. Outdoor mall right across the street, Only negative internet slow on the third floor.
Thanks
Ottawa sharpshooters

Room Tip: I had a 2 double bed room in the building across from the main lobby.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Friendly staff is all i want. We loved the breakfast and front desk services were above average. We were pretty tired by the end of the day, had a good night sleep. Isn't the vacation/hotel stay all about this?

Room Tip: Don't think too much or read too many reviews, you won't regret staying here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice people but facilities are out dated. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the receptionist, he was friendly and courteous. The room was clean but a bit outdated, a bit of a old house smell and the bathroom towels were not at all fluffy and could use some softener. The morning breakfast was alright but the eggs were not real. They seemed poured from a box or something. Next door was the residence inn by Marriott that looked new. Don't know if the price is more but I would consider staying there if I'm in town again. But this hotel is good for the price paid and if I needed to I would stay again. Overall, rating is alright but could use remodeling.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
4.0 of 5 stars 270 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!