“Outdated, uncomfortable” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Lebanon, Maine, United States
“Outdated, uncomfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If I could have found another place I would have move. We came down for a wedding and when we checked in there was a smell in the hallway and as we entered our room we noticed that everything was very damp. The room is extremely small and bathroom tiny. The beds are hard, pillows uncomfortable. The building is very outdated and just offers no comfort at all. If I could have found another place we would have moved.

Room Tip: choose another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past stay at the Fairfield Inn Boston/Dedham. We appreciate all of our guest's comments.

I want you to know that it is comments like yours that help us to take a very critical look at our property. It is in light of comments like yours that we have made major purchasing decisions regarding the beds and pillows. We pride ourselves on offering a clean and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price.

I can assure you that all carpeting was recently shampooed, leaving our hotel smelling fresh and clean.

We really want you to come back to see and experience all that we have done to make sure that ALL of our guests have a clean and comfortable room at a great value.

Best regards,

Area Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kanata, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We are from canada, we travel to boston 2- 3 times a year for hockey tournaments, it was the first time staying here, I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but I have to say the hotel was great, breakfast is free , you can make your own waffles, rooms clean, staff is friendly, outdoor pool, staff always cleaning. Outdoor mall right across the street, Only negative internet slow on the third floor.
Thanks
Ottawa sharpshooters

Room Tip: I had a 2 double bed room in the building across from the main lobby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Friendly staff is all i want. We loved the breakfast and front desk services were above average. We were pretty tired by the end of the day, had a good night sleep. Isn't the vacation/hotel stay all about this?

Room Tip: Don't think too much or read too many reviews, you won't regret staying here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice people but facilities are out dated. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the receptionist, he was friendly and courteous. The room was clean but a bit outdated, a bit of a old house smell and the bathroom towels were not at all fluffy and could use some softener. The morning breakfast was alright but the eggs were not real. They seemed poured from a box or something. Next door was the residence inn by Marriott that looked new. Don't know if the price is more but I would consider staying there if I'm in town again. But this hotel is good for the price paid and if I needed to I would stay again. Overall, rating is alright but could use remodeling.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oaklyn, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield two different times, and have a reservation for a third stay. The staff is very friendly. I also have to compliment George, he's awesome. I appreciate the free parking and breakfast. Having the Legacy Mall so close is a bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this Fairfield a few times and i have been impressed by the training of the staff for a low cost hotel. This time the staff training was still above average but i found the services at the hotel had slipped a bit. The mattress needed to be replaced. It had a large sag in it and also the house keeping was not up to its usual standard.
They have added a hot breakfast which is nice.
We will give them a try again but i'm hopeful they can up their game to levels of the past.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear mfcMinneapolis,

Thank you for your honest review! It is apparent that we have some work to do before we can earn your continued loyalty, we can appreciate that, and certainly value your thoughtful comments regarding our friendly staff and the new hot breakfast!

In many cases, these are the two areas many of our competitors get wrong, so we are pleased when our guest’s basic needs are met. We always welcome our guest’s feedback on our beds. In many cases, our guests find that our beds are quite comfortable. However, we will reach out to you directly to find out when you stayed with us last, to look into changing that particular bed.

Please feel free to contact myself or our General Manager on your next visit to the Dedham area. Give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty and exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have to echo the sentiments about the staff here. They are awesome. George always has a warm greeting for me and leaves a smile on my face. The property itself is dated and aging. It's definitely nothing fancy. When I have had issues with my room, though, the staff is always fast in correcting them. I've stayed here about 15 days so far through 1/3 of the year, and I will return. It's not perfect, but they make it feel like home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fstark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It's always great to hear from our guests when they have received good service, especially since we are a mature hotel.

I especially appreciated your comment about George. I will personally inform George of your warm regards.

The next time you want to visit us, please contact the sales department directly I will personally take care of your reservation and offer you a complimentary upgrade.

Harley Chien

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!