“Friendly staff, but needs to be remodeled” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Dedham
“Friendly staff, but needs to be remodeled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice people but facilities are out dated. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the receptionist, he was friendly and courteous. The room was clean but a bit outdated, a bit of a old house smell and the bathroom towels were not at all fluffy and could use some softener. The morning breakfast was alright but the eggs were not real. They seemed poured from a box or something. Next door was the residence inn by Marriott that looked new. Don't know if the price is more but I would consider staying there if I'm in town again. But this hotel is good for the price paid and if I needed to I would stay again. Overall, rating is alright but could use remodeling.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oaklyn, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield two different times, and have a reservation for a third stay. The staff is very friendly. I also have to compliment George, he's awesome. I appreciate the free parking and breakfast. Having the Legacy Mall so close is a bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this Fairfield a few times and i have been impressed by the training of the staff for a low cost hotel. This time the staff training was still above average but i found the services at the hotel had slipped a bit. The mattress needed to be replaced. It had a large sag in it and also the house keeping was not up to its usual standard.
They have added a hot breakfast which is nice.
We will give them a try again but i'm hopeful they can up their game to levels of the past.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear mfcMinneapolis,

Thank you for your honest review! It is apparent that we have some work to do before we can earn your continued loyalty, we can appreciate that, and certainly value your thoughtful comments regarding our friendly staff and the new hot breakfast!

In many cases, these are the two areas many of our competitors get wrong, so we are pleased when our guest’s basic needs are met. We always welcome our guest’s feedback on our beds. In many cases, our guests find that our beds are quite comfortable. However, we will reach out to you directly to find out when you stayed with us last, to look into changing that particular bed.

Please feel free to contact myself or our General Manager on your next visit to the Dedham area. Give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty and exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have to echo the sentiments about the staff here. They are awesome. George always has a warm greeting for me and leaves a smile on my face. The property itself is dated and aging. It's definitely nothing fancy. When I have had issues with my room, though, the staff is always fast in correcting them. I've stayed here about 15 days so far through 1/3 of the year, and I will return. It's not perfect, but they make it feel like home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fstark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It's always great to hear from our guests when they have received good service, especially since we are a mature hotel.

I especially appreciated your comment about George. I will personally inform George of your warm regards.

The next time you want to visit us, please contact the sales department directly I will personally take care of your reservation and offer you a complimentary upgrade.

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a solid 2.5 star hotel. Breakfast is abundant but the same for everyday. Every staff member is nice. There is nothing fancy but everything is adequate. The room is clean. It comes with a refrigerator and a microwave. It is walking distance to a mall - Legacy Place. The mall is open air.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Xuxiake,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Fairfield Inn Boston/Dedham. It's always great to hear from our guest when they have received good service.

We appreciated your comment so much. The next time you want to visit us. Please contact the sales department directly I will personally take care of your reservation and upgrade offer you a complimentary upgrade to our King Suites.

We hope that you and your family will return really soon.

Best regards,

Area Sales Manager
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My brother and I stayed here for a funeral. We checked in with no problem. Once in the bathroom I noticed hair in the tub, thought that is odd and I started to wonder if this room had been cleaned. I decided to pull the covers back and check the sheets. Thank God I did because there was several shavings of hair under the sheet!! Which means they NEVER changed the sheets! So we called the front desk and they were not able to get us a new room. We should not have been charged for the room! We were inconvenienced and my worst fears about hotels confirmed!! I would never recommend this hotel again!! They owe us a refund!! The next day I went next door to the Resident Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Dan F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past stay at the Fairfield Inn Boston/Dedham. We appreciate all of our guest's comments. All comments, whether good or not so good, are of great value to us.

I want you to know that it is comments like yours that help us to take a very critical look at our property and staff. It is in light of comments like yours that we have made very tough staffing decisions. We pride ourselves on offering a clean and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price.

I can assure you that we NOW have staff in all departments that share this core conviction.

We really want you to come back to see and experience all that we have done to make sure that ALL of our guests have a clean and comfortable room at a great value.

Area Sales Manager
Poulsbo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our room was wonderful and the staff is terrific, especially the woman who oversees the breakfast area Saturdays, Mondays, and Tuesdays. We were surprised,however, by the extremely creaky floor in the hallways (soft in many places) and the roof leak in the hallway outside our room. We had a trash can catching drips for a couple days but then it disappeared although the drips continued. We've stayed here yearly over the last few years and hope they make the needed repairs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!