“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Summer Shack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 75 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a friend. The food was excellent. We both enjoyed our meals. The waiter that we had was very knowledgeable about what to order. He was also very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great seafood meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bar Shah Kabul, Vardak, Afghanistan
“Seafood Fresh & Original reciepts by the Master hisself Jasper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Know matter which Shack you visit they always have a ton of select oysters, great specials and a comfy bar you can chow at...Never disappointed. Dedham is the latest, The new positive management is in place and humming along. Now with stupid strong service, it's a must stop in! Spicy rum fish & crab bisque will change your world!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“" Good Stuff"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went there tonight after work with gang. Never been there before and was shocked when I saw you can get lobster and RIBS! A seafood place with smoked ribs, I had mixed emotions about this. My Co workers and I decide what the hell we'll get one lobster and a rack of ribs and of course a pitch of IPA. We were shocked how good the ribs are! And lobster is always awesome. This is my kind if place, meat and fish! So yes I recommend the summer shack for smoked ribs. Sound funny saying that about a seafood restaruant, but true!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dedham, MA
“Good Seafood & Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very enjoyable restaurant. The vibe is that of a "Clam Shack". They have a nice variety on their menu and the service is fine.

Visited September 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Needs new management and/or better training”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We (me, husband and 18 year old son) stopped in on a Friday. It was 4:30 and we were having a late lunch/early dinner after spending the day at the hospital. We were tired and hungry. Upon entering, we noticed it was completely empty except for the bar. We got to the hostess desk and found not 1, but 4 hostesses. We asked for a booth and were seated in a large comfortable booth. There were an additional 5 or 6 servers milling around talking. The manager was talking to another waitress. When they finally finished and she wiped down a table, she made her way over to take our drink order. We received our beers and soda and placed our order. A few minutes later, a family with 3 small children entered. The hostess sat them in the booth directly behind us. They were not quiet kids and were jumping around looking over into our booth. An entirely empty restaurant, and quite a large one, and they had to seat them next to us. I asked to be moved and we were reseated 3 booths away. An uncomfortable situation as the family was aware of why. A good hostess would have been a little more sensitive and seated the family with small chiildren in a different part of the restaurant. Throughout our entire dinner, there were no fewer than 4 and up to 9 people "hanging" out at the hostess station. I've never been in a job where there is nothing to do. But obviously there was nothing to do here. The manager was joining them, chatting away. Our waitress was lax in her attentiveness, because the hostess station was more fun. Take note Jasper. This place won't last another year with this staff. The food? Ok, but I can find that in many other places. I want good, efficient and attentive service by people who know what that is.

• Visited August 2012