“Average spot for girls night out” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Met Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 74 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average spot for girls night out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went here for a girls night out and had a pretty good time. Sat in the bar area for about 3 hours and weren't bothered too much, which was nice. Our waitor devised a system to put our salt and pepper shakers at the end of the table when we wanted him, otherwise, he'd leave us alone. Perfect! We both had sandwiches and they were excellent. Our martini's however, were on the weak side. You could tell they were watered down, which we weren't pleased with, and that's the main reason we went there, for some good cocktails. Eh. Overall, I would go there again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston,MA
“Great lunch, nice atmosphere on a Saturday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Met a friend for lunch on Saturday at Legacy place. The shopping center was hopping, and it was hard to find parking. even though we had a reservation for 1:30, we didn't need it. hardly anyone was there. We were seated at a large, comfortable table. We had excellent French onion soup and clam chowder. We each wanted a salad, but they were $12.00 each . Figuring they were big, we inquired and the waitress said you could order 1/2 size salad which was more than enough. I had the arugula and goat cheese salad, and it was more than enough. Attentive service, and cozy seating made it a perfect lunch. It was a great place to meet friends while shopping at Legacy. Quiet atmosphere made it comfortable, and a great way to sit and relax during a busy shopping day. Thanks to the other reviewers and a positive dining experience, I definitely plan on coming back to try some of the other items on the menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dedham, Massachusetts
“Don't think it was worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went there with the family at a time when it was not busy. The service is slow, and the burgers we ordered were not cooked right and appitizers were very small compared to other places. We also thought it was a bit expensive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
South Easton, Massachusetts
“Slow Service and ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The service was so slow. They were not even busy. Burger was not cooked right. Expensive for the quality.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Yummy Mac and Cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went to the one on Dartmouth street in Boston but I assume they are all the same at their different branches.

What we had:
Starters:
Trio of beets
Local Mussels
Jumbo Grilled Artichoke
Truffle Indian Corn toasted fregola

Mains:
Met Mac & Four Cheese (original and one with the lobster)
Everything else paled by comparison so I don’t remember 

First of all, I have to tell you that I LOVE the fact that you can look up restaurants on the web and check out their menus before committing to a place. As it happens, the friend that suggested this place really loves it and seems to be taking everyone there ;). I have to tell you, overall, I do have to say it is worth the trip (yes, I shockingly forced him to get a cab for a four block walk – I am lazy but I love my food!).

The truffled Indian corn was really amazing, delicate flavors with nice big pieces of truffles. No cheaping out going on here folks so go for it. I never tried the beets and the other person with me didn’t really want a second helping didn’t want any more so I am not sure it was great.
The Mussels were, Infact, quite fresh and tasty. I would definitely get them again. I would say only get the artichoke if you REALLY like artichokes and want to do the whole dipping in butter thing. They were well roasted, though how can you go that wrong with halving an artichoke and then throwing it on the grill. I eat less salt but this really didn’t have much. There was a mayo based sauce and drawn butter and honestly neither made the artichoke taste that much better. It is also just way too much effort to suck all the leaves. Now, my friend pointed out that the hearts are the main delicacy and that I have to tell you was nice. However, I have to say, I prefer the kind that you get in bottles, yes, that might be plebian of me but I like the tangy taste of preserved artichokes on my pizza 

The waiter told us that the mac and cheese was “the best in the world”. Now, I have had the mac and cheese at the Publik House (www.publickhouse.com/) and THAT is supposed to be the best in the world or so say friends and TV programs, so you can imagine my skepticism. Other than the missing truffle oil, I have to say, it turned out pretty good. it was nice and creamy, though not SO creamy that it was a rock on my stomach and the added lobster was totally worth it. DON’T skip it unless you are vegetarian. I loved it so much I didn’t ask for my requisite chili sauce!

I think we had some desert, some chocolate cake and something else but like I said, the mac and cheese was so good I can’t remember much else from the meal.

The waiter was really quite nice, fell right into step with making fun of me with my friends. All in all a lovely time, so dear friend that took me there – yes, I am happy to go back again the next time I come to Boston!

Liked this review? Check out more at my personal blog!

• Visited August 2012