“Ad was misleading!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Phoenix, Arizona
“Ad was misleading!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went here because of a radio ad for lobster rolls, which sounded yummy but weren't. The lobster was chewy not tender and totally lacking in flavor. I only went the one time, and doubt I'd go again. The place was crowded and I had to sit at the bar or wait a long time. The bar maid comped me the price of the roll, to her credit.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Ordinary, but convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Menu was large - not much different than an Applebee's. We were from out of town and this was a convenient choice for us. My drink had a lime in it - first for a bourbon on the rocks for me, and the beer that was supposed to be in a bottle came in a glass. Food was fine, and the waitress was friendly.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“New menu not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The 99 still has the best boneless wings. The new menu is not as good as the old one.

Visited June 2012
Shapleigh, Maine
“Always a great pub with good drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Love to go to the 99 for drinks and popcorn and a good sandwich. They used to have great burgers but the chain requires cooking to be well done and all the juice and flavors are cooked out, Big mistake. However the sandwiches are good as are some of the dinner specials.

Visited June 2012
massachusetts
“Seems to be making an effort to really improve.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I just had dinner there with two family members and enjoyed it very much. We were a little early but by the time we left at 6pm the place was jumping. Two of the orders were for fish and chips and they were very large portions which were enjoyed very much by my dining companions. Thought the fish was fresh and tasty. I had pasta with a basil sauce and thought it just a touch bland but honestly I don't like spicy sauce so for me it was good. Service I have to say was excellent. Our server was attentive and the manager was making the rounds of all the tables, and they have definately updated their menu to include more than just burgers. It's definately a home town crowd at times and can be loud but they sure seem to be making an effort to keep things up to date and again service was excellent.

If your looking for a good meal at a good value and are not the fancy restaurant type I do have to say 99 is a good choice.

• Visited May 2012