“Good service, traditional menu” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Good service, traditional menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Delicious desserts, kids loved the salad bar. Initially, our dining room was very noisy but after a few tables left, room was very pleasant.

Interior of restaurant suggests a Vermont Inn and quickly erases the exterior view of Cosco parking lot.

Prices a bit high.

Middleton, Massachusetts, USA
“food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to the hard cover on numerous occasions and their food is consistently spectacular. I especially love their baked stuffed haddock... I've been served by different wait staff for years and the really make you feel like part of the family.

Visited September 2013
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I eat here frequently, usually in the bar area. You have choice of bar menu or regular dining room menu. Never a problem with food or service. Can get noisy if they are really busy. Salad bar can be in addition to a meal or a meal by itself with bread and cheese along with good assortment of veggies. Baked haddock or shrimp are excellent as well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Like Stepping Back in Time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Walking into the Hardcover is like stepping back in time to the 1980's. The walls are dark, the fireplace was raging and the clientele is on the older side. Most salad bars closed down 30 years ago because of health concerns, but not at the Hardcover, they have 2 salad bars! When I went up to the salad bar, the person on the other side was handling the bread with her hands to cut it, leaving the part she touched for the next person to eat. This reminded me why we don't see salad bars around any longer. The main courses were very good, we had the scallops and prime rib combo and the medallions of tenderloin. The meat was cooked perfectly and the sauce was excellent. The service was a little confusing as they take a team approach, so I wasn't sure who to tip.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Birthday Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

WE went to the Hardcover to celebrate my birthday and it was excellent. The salad bar alone could fill you up so treat carefully when filling your place. I had the Prime Rib...filled my plate and my husband had the Filet Minon both cooked to perfection. I had a nice glass of wine and we finished our meal with the Chocolate Mousse Cake.....fabulous meal and attentive service . One of my favorites.

Visited March 2013