“Staff was friendly, but I hope to never return” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Arkansas
“Staff was friendly, but I hope to never return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived on Halloween evening for two nights while visiting family. Our visit had nothing to do with Halloween, but apparently many of the guests were there for festivities in Salem. This was also the night after the Red Sox defeated Cardinals in Game #6 of the World Series. I bring this up, because housekeeping was way behind. The first three rooms we were given keys to had not been cleaned. When you are tired, lugging luggage and it is raining outside (two different buildings we were going back and forth between), it does not make a good first impression. However, we did understand their work that day must have been overwhelming.

Fourth time was a charm and the desk clerk commented that she knew all along this one HAD been cleaned. So, why did we have to go through 45 minutes of opening the doors to dirty rooms? (My suspicion is because we were Priceline customers)..

So, I will finally move along. We could hear most, of not all, the noise made in the room above us. Each step was a CLOMP. The breakfast was not horrible, but not quite as good as most "free" continental breakfasts served at hotels. Softest hotel bed I have experienced in a long time....pretty certain mattress needs replacing.

Each and every staff member was very friendly. If you needed help, they seemed eager to oblige. That is a huge bright spot, but I do hope to... never stay here again.

Room Tip: You probably want the same building with the front desk - for convenience to breakfast, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orange California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

TownPlace Suites is by and far the best dollar value for anyone wanting to visit Salem, the surrounding communities with day trips to Maine and New Hampshire. The hotel is relatively not very pricey. Just paid $118 per night, (senior discount). This hotel has just been renovated and it is really nice. Nice breakfast as well. Free. The rooms are mini suites with bed room, couch and full kitchen. Staff is great and very accomodating.
This is the 7th time we have stayed here in the last 10 years. Family close by. This hotel will give you the comfort of a small apartment while the opportunity to enjoy the North Shore of Massachusetts.

Room Tip: There all good. We stay in a one bedroom but they have two bedrooms as well.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Roberto C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for satying with us at the towneplace suites in Danvers. We look having you come back soon. Once more Thank you
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Where do I begin..... The rooms are super small, with a funny smell. It smells like a mix of bad food, and cigarettes. Although the cleaning ladies were extremely kind....they did not do there job properly at all. Some days it looked as if they just made the best (without even changing sheets) They do not seem to care about customer satisfaction. Most staff are very rude!!!!! For example... I had requested that my room be cleaned by a certain time one Saturday afternoon, so that when I returned to hotel I could put my son down for a nap. My room was not cleaned when I returned. I called the front desk to complain and got nothing but attitude. The girl at the front desks name was Monica (I think?? long black hair) I was shocked to hear the way she was conducting herself. I immediately went to the office and requested that she contacted management. ( I would have switched hotels, but everything in the area was booked) She contacted management via phone and handed it to me. As I waited for the manager to answer, I was looking in Monica's direction and was asked "are we having a staring contest" Her attitude was horrible and she spoke to me like this in front of my 3 year old son. Unacceptable. The manager didn't have much to say about my complaint except "I'm sorry." I could go on and on about the negatives related to this hotel. Please learn from my experience so you don't have to make your own. And did I mention the location is horrible!!! Don't blink or you'll miss it. Oh and one more thing, the beds are so look uncomfortable, the pillows feel like rocks and the air in the room make so much noise when turned off, it's not even worth schooling down your room. I recently switched my hotel to Springhill suites on rt..1 in Peabody. Although, if only been here for 2 days I am more than satisfied!!!! The beds at this hotel seem like heaven an the rooms are huge. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT TOWNPLACE SUITES!!!! Take my advice and find another hotel in the areas. You will not be satisfied with your stay at townplace suites, Take my advice. Or continue reading through the reviews, son of them match what I'm saying. Once I checked out I tried contacting the general manager to discuss the issue I had during my stay, before I left a bad review! My class and messages went unanswered. Wonder how quick he'll respond to this negative review tho!

Room Tip: If your looking for a good room....look for another hotel. Period
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sorry for your bad stay but you had spoken to our AGM and things were good aftre that. As well I had the chances to speak with you and everything looked okay. I hope you give us a second chance.

Travelers are raving about these Danvers hotels

East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed for 10 days and overall was a very nice experience. The "housekeeper" was exceptional!!!---Her name is Christine Hernandez--she went above and beyond and made us feel extremely welcome!!! On the other hand---the woman who worked in the breakfast area
was the exact opposite and EXTREMELY obnoxious. I am told her name is Noemi. She was VERY LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. If it weren't for how nice the rest of the staff were--I would never return due to this one person.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your Stay with us hope to see you soon.
TownePlace by Marriott
Old Greenwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. The hotel itself was really nice - large studio room - full amenities including a kitchenette. The only problem was that when we entered there was a really stagnant smell in the room. We immediately turned on the air conditioning and while we were in the room the smell went away or we got used to it. When we went out and came back you could smell it again. That was the only downside. There was a small complimentary breakfast and the staff was incredibly nice. Good value for the price. Agree with other folks about hard to get into from the road, especially if you are traveling in the other direction.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay. And yes we are working on some of the cooking smell. But Thank you for using TonwePlace by Marriott.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to the front desk three times in total during my stay. Once upon check in there was one person there and I waited. The final two times I went to the desk it was vacant. The computer to print airline boarding passes was working poorly and I looked for assistance... no one was around..

The pantry store in the lobby had barren shelves... looked like it was never stocked..

Lastly, this hotel is in a horrible location as far as traffic flow is concerned... it is at the intersection of two major highways with limited access in three directions... star at the Residence Inn on route one only a quarter mile away.. a much better Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Roberto C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I would like to start by saying sorry about staff not being at the front desk. Are front desk staff do diffrent kinds of jobs like laundry for the housekeeping department and help out with breakfast in the morning.

Roberto Concepcion
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Like another reviewer we were staying a few nights due to a funeral we needed to attend. The location was good geographically but note it is a challenge to get in and out of the facility due to the way the local road is divided and you are almost always needing to make a U-turn or turn around to access the driveway.

We rented one of the larger two bedroom units. It was nice, clean and well organized. The only slight disappointment was that it looked a bit dated and dull. For the rate we paid it was fine but as a Marriot product there was perhaps in our mind a slightly higher expectation. Also, although there is an ice machine in the lobby, there are no ice buckets in the room. You are expected to fill the ice trays that are in your freezer. So if you want a cool drink when you show up, keep that in mind.

This is a larger unit property with a free continental breakfast. Just note that although there are a couple of tables where the breakfast is served, you will probably need to take your food back to your unit due to space limitations.

The help was great from the check in through the check out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace suite in Danvers MA. I am not sure of your date of arrival but I would like to let you know that the hotel had a full renovation and that was complited on August 26. Once more thank you

Roberto Concepcion
general manager

Been to TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers? Share your experiences!