“We'll be back !” 4 of 5 stars

15% off for AAA Members
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
“We'll be back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The beds were incredibly comfortable, the linens were odorfree and of excellent quality , and the room very clean and fresh smelling. However -Avoid the rooms on the first and second floors that have "toddler beds" for two children - unless you have children with you. The hotel quickly moved us to a fine room in the main hotel when we requested it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Paul, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay. And yes, we agree that couples or business travelers would feel much more at home in our King, Deluxe or Executive Rooms (rather than our Family Rooms). Thank you for sharing your feedback. And we hope to care of you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I(four children 14,10,3,1) purchased an over night package, and decided to upgrade at time of arrival to get the most of the stay. Overall, staff was friendly, rooms were clean, but the waterpark should really look into advancing the child passes free for three and under. I purchased an extra ticket for my three yr old to utilize the water rides and within twenty mins I returned to simply ask for a refund as I could not go down the rides w her, and she was to frightened to go by herself to be told it's non-refundable by the supervisor Mario. I then asked to speak to a manager and was forwarded to Alex, which In my opinion was very inexperienced on customer satisfaction.. He stated to me that he would contact the front desk and see what he could do. This was at 1:30pm, at 8:30pm I get a knock at the door and it's a complementary cookies and milk... I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry considering I had already spent for the package, and dinner at their on grounds restaurant. Thankfully Alpha the room keeper, saw that I was visibly upset, and went above and beyond to make our stay more comfortable. He then went on to try to find a resolution to why I wasn't refunded the $50 for my three yr old as she wasn't utilizing any of the rides.... And found a solution within twenty mins as Alex the manager had the obligation to do so as well and after apox 7-8hrs he had come up with giving my children cookies and milk.. I must say over all staff is friendly the hostess Alisa, was super friendly, Edwin the waiter was friendly and assertive, and hats off to Alpha the room keeper for going above and beyond to making sure my family and I were happy.. Also spoke to I believe his name is Evan the Gm's right hand man, and he was also very friendly and made sure all of my family and I's needs were met..

• Stayed April 2014
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Kim, we appreciate your sharing your feedback in speaking directly with our Director of Rooms for a resolution. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome your family back for a fun experience that is better customized toward your family's needs. Our team is constantly learning how we may best respond to our guests' needs and "make it right" when we may fall short of expectations. It is our goal to turn a situation around into a positive experience that our guests will remember. It is only with feedback like yours that we can continue to grow.
FALL RIVER, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Hotel over-all was good however, the smell of puke on my blanket all night still gives me nightmares!! The hotel staff did nothing to help with this situation!! I was up all night with the smell of puke and obviously they didn't wash the blankets before my stay there!!!! One incident like that has ruined it for me and my entire family. They gave me 2 free passes before I left and I ripped them up!!!! I should have been compensated much more then that!!! I I hope I get a response please!!!!!!! You can call the front desk because we did take our problem to tghem however, a manager never even spoke or contacted us on this matter!!!! This I found very upsetting seeing I work in the customer service field! Thanks for a lovely stay!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jessica, thank you for your feedback. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to resolve your concerns. Sincerely, Manish Bhatia, General Manager, 978-777-2500
Bos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I knew better than to stop over in this hotel- I've stayed in it in two other incarnations (it was previously a Sheraton and a Crowne Plaza). Doubletree By Hilton is such a confusing brand to me.
Some are glorious and some are just dives. Unfortunately this falls into the latter because the property itself is physically just not up to Hilton standards.

My stay:
Booked a stay via Hilton.com. When I arrived I was greeted and checked in efficiently- but was told that my room type booked online was not available because it was sold out? Why was it available online? I'm told pretty dismissively well "we can give you this kind of room instead".
Whatever- at that point I had no choice really, did I?
Go to the room....and there is no other way to say it: it was filthy.
Point blank. Handprints on the door as if in some kind of oil, candy warped to the carpet under the desk, hair in the shower. It was just nasty. This has been the problem of the property for years. It wouldn't surprise me if they have just rolled over the staff and housekeeping one brand to the next. My room felt like someone else had checked into it and moved - there was no floor mat on the side of the tub and there was only one bottle of lotion on the counter....no soap? No anything else? Not Doubletree quality I'm used to and certainly not Hilton quality.

The hotel itself is creeptacular. Rt.1 itself is a creepy road with lots of mid-range and low end hotel but this hotel is situated off the beaten path with a weird parking lot that tour buses and roaming teenagers / kids dominate. Be careful driving in it at night as it is not well-lit.

The hallways are super long - when I woke up every single maid in the place was on my hall it felt like and they were repeatedly knocking and calling to see when I was leaving...this is a real churn 'em and burn 'em type hotel that wants to get every guest in and out as possible on check out day because of the CoCo Keys Waterpark. I felt like a number, not a Gold-level (approaching Diamond) guest who spends tens of thousands in Hilton Brand hotels annually.

Trade Winds is overpriced and for a family joint the menu kind of surprises me. Its really a little bit on the try hard side.

Overall - I will never stay here again. Once a dive, always a dive. It was weird as two other brands and a coat of paint didn't change that. Bar / restaurant overpriced with a rude staff. Rack rates too high for what it is, if you have kids and you're going to the Waterpark I can see it kind of but even then I'd probably stay at a suite hotel down the road that actually has a fridge and oven in the room orjust nicer newer standard hotel. This place is totally played and should be pricing accordingly but for some reason (the Waterpark) it actually thinks it should be charging nearly $200 a night for its musty, filthy rooms, mediocre service, mediocre food and limited room amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Please accept our apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area again in the future, we would welcome the opportunity to better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve from our family of hotels.
Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was very impressed when we asked to change rooms due to some very noisy young guests in many rooms surrounding ours. There was no problem at all and the young lady who checked us in Thursday night (Tara Envart)actually took the first night fee off of the bill for us. I was not asking for this at all, just to be moved. She went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. All the staff even in the restaurant were all very accomodating and very friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Stephanie, thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and especially the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. It is our goal to take care of all of our guests and to create a memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
danvers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

from the moment we arrived, we were treated like vip's!we had missed the final shuttle ride to a function in the area and had no directions.the bellhop, without hesitating,drove us to the location and on the way was cordial and informative.i would recommend DoubleTree to anyone who needs accomodations in the danvers,mass. area

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bill, thanks so much for sharing this great story. We love to hear about whenever one of our team members goes above and beyond to assist our guests, and we look forward to recognizing this associate for delivering excellent service. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!
Concord, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Room was filthy - food on the floor, chocolate smudged all over the children's bed, and hair in the shower. The pool had small particles floating in it everywhere...very gross. Check-in, despite being told it would take an hour, took over 4 hours. Staff was friendly, just wasn't pleased with much else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Matthew, thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We are certainly disappointed to hear your comments, though, as our team works diligently to provide a clean and comfortable experience for all of our guests. Our Front Office Director will be following up with you directly to further clarify and address your concerns. As for your comment about check-in, our standard guestroom check-in time is 4pm. Early check-in is always a request and based on availability, not guaranteed. We are sorry we were unable to honor your request to check in even earlier than 3:45pm. But we are always willing to store our guests' luggage at the bell desk, and we do have lockers in the water park for rent.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!