“The room was okay....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
danvers, United States
“The room was okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ill start with the bad then Ill end it will what I was very impressed with. Upon entering the room I found it to be very small. The bathroom was not clean. The faucet had fingerprints. I was very surprised. The rug had a very dirty feel to it. I didn't feel clean in the room. The bed spread seemed like it needed to be cleaned. I don't like when hotels hire people who DON'T speak a word of English....all your maids couldn't understand me nor I could understand them. I feel like a hotel must be pretty desperate [financially] that they have to resort to that kind of service. If you take care of your staff everyone wins. Your customers will enjoy staying at your hotel if everyone is happy. Besides...take care of your own people!! I won't go into stores like, Starbucks or any convenient stores if the help does not speak proper English. That's my impression of your hotel But... The entry to the hotel itself was very pretty. The front desk staff were exceptionally sweet and welcoming. The bed was VERY comfortable. The sheets were crisp and the pillow was awesome! The breakfast that was given to us was absolutely delicious! I was very impressed with the selection. I had a very homey feeling while walking to and from Coco Keys. Thank you for a nice time while staying at your hotel. Please address the top half or my review and you will eventually be perfect..=]

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Michael, we appreciate all of our guests' feedback as we continually work to improve our operations. We are glad to hear you truly enjoyed your arrival experience, a comfortable night's rest, and a hearty breakfast. We are sorry to learn, though, that the cleanliness of your accommodations did not meet your expectations. As for the language barrier with some of our housekeeping staff, you are always welcome to pick up the phone or come to the front desk and speak to a supervisor so that we may best help rectify any issues. We are all a team working together to assist our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms were very well furnished for a family with children having a king size bed plus two youth beds each having their own tv. Access to the water park was very convenient and the we all had a great time at the water park .

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. It is our goal to provide a fun family experience. We are so happy to hear your family enjoyed your stay in one of our Family Rooms and your time at CoCo Key! We hope to see you again soon.
Danvers, MA., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My stay at the Doubletree was very nice. The room was clean, the restaurant was excellent, and the staff was great. I enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. I did ask for extra towels and pillows on line and never got them, but when the front deck found out they were very sorry and gave us both a coupon for a free breakfast each. You can't beat that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

William, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our service, food and cleanliness. We are also glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of our on-site Atlantis Sports Club and indoor pool. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
walpole, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We cam in saturday night with the intention of checking in and going to the water park. We went to our room and upon opening the door found another family already in the room. We called the 800 number and found we had to go back to check in. A major inconvenience. The next day at trade winds for breakfast we waited alomost an hour for pancakes for my kids. Server forgot about drinks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Marko, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the error and frustration your family experienced at check-in, and for the slow service at breakfast the next day. I have shared your comments with our team as we work to continually improve our operations. We do hope your family enjoyed your experience at the water park, and that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Arlington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel. I stayed here with my wife and our two children because of its connection to CoCo Keys Water Park. The staff were all very nice and the main areas of the hotel were very nice, as expected. I felt that the restaurants and room service were quite overpriced compared to other hotels. When we got to the room our room keys didn't work and we had to go back to the front desk with the children and all of our luggage to get the key fixed, no one offered to help. When we got into the room it looked nice, a cute setup for a family. Shortly after getting settled into the room I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I put a towel on the floor and noticed a few ants on the floor. As I continued to look around I realized that they were crawling all over the bathroom floor, in the tub, and on the walls in the shower. This was not a good experience. We never complained to staff or told anyone, although we wanted to because we just wanted to relax (that's why we were there) and didn't want to have to switch rooms with the kids and all our stuff (likely, again with no help) or have people in our room spraying chemicals ect. Ants typically are not something I would make much of a fuss over but it was February and freezing out, ants are not common so if they are covering a room there IS a problem. Next time I want to get out for a night or two I will stay at the Motel 6 down the street for 1/3 the price, its cleaner there!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ashley, we're sorry to hear your stay did not live up to your family's expectations. We apologize for the frustrations you encountered while checking in to your room. And allow me to assure you that it is not typical of our property to have ants. Our front desk and housekeeping directors have been alerted and have inspected your room. Thank you for sharing your comments. We would welcome the opportunity to better serve your family and would be happy to extend a complimentary upgrade should you choose to return for a future stay.
Scituate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while attending a major two and half day scuba seminar attended by hundreds of people from around the globe. Scientists, Film makers, national organizations and many others attend this annual event. Year after year this hotel falls flat on its face when on Saturday evening after attending meetings all day and wishing to get a good meal, this hotel closes its large restaurant and leaves its guests to wait for hours to grab a dinner at its bar.The days activities are followed in the evening by a premier film festival and time is short between the days events and the film festival. Year after year this hotel closes a large restaurant and has its guests either not have dinner wait hours to grab a burger and miss the evening event. The management shows no regard for the attendees of this show and they do it each year. Do not hold and conventions or events at this hotel unless your attendees have hours to travel off site to eat dinner. Very poor planning by the management.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hank, we appreciate your feedback, which I have reviewed with our Food & Beverage Director and Conference Service team. We understand your time is valuable. To be fair, there are numerous restaurant and fast-food options just up the road on Route 1 which our Concierge would gladly recommend if you needed a quick bite nearby. But of course our first priority should always be to provide excellent food and timely service on property. We are certainly taking attendees' feedback like yours into account as we plan to best serve your group next year. Thank you for the opportunity.
Danvers, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Booked the hotel for the sole purpose of the water park. after checking in I realized the room I got was not the room I booked. I booked 1 king sized bed and 2 twin and got 2 double beds. When I complained to the front desk there was nothing they could do for me being that the hotel was fully booked and the cost for the rooms were the "same". So my 10 year old had to share a bed with his 2 year old brother. The food in the water park was not good and the room service we ordered was very expensive and was also bad. Next time I would just go for the day and not stay at the hotel. Not worth the money.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lisandra, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry about the confusion regarding your room type. As you encountered, we sold out of Family Rooms and thus you were booked in a Double room. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the value and quality of our food to your liking. Did you voice your concerns to a manager? We aim to provide a positive experience for our guests throughout their stay and to address any issues while they are still on property. If you have any further comments, please feel free to reach out to me.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!