“Excellent place for a conference” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ultimate Water Park Pkg
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
manchester, Vanuatu
“Excellent place for a conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I recently attended the Boston Sea Rovers conference at the DoubleTree Hilton. Everything was up to or exceeded our standards and we have no complaints. The room was clean, and with all the expected amenities. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Cindy, thanks so much for posting a review. Taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience is valued and appreciated. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to hosting your group again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
lynn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My only complaint was that we had the water package and when we checked in on friday afternoon the main swimming pool area was closed and remained closed the whole evening until saturday. one of my childreen would only use that area so it was disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hi Gina, I apologize for the delayed response, but I did want to invite your family back for a return visit when our water park is fully open so that your children may experience all the fun that we have to offer. Please email nicki.bean@hilton.com with your address and we will gladly put complimentary return day passes in the mail to you...
Danvers, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were excited to give this hotel and CoCo Key a try. Despite doing a package deal, at check-in, the receptionist wasnt able to share any of the details or kids activities which was frustrating as we wanted to know how to plan the afternoon. CoCo Key was not clean and the water and air was freezing (even the hot tub). After speaking to the manager about this, I was told the air outside was too cold to regulate the temperature which from an engineering perspective seems like a glitch that should have been fixed if you are open in the middle of winter. My kids lips were blue as they went from pool to slide waiting. My husband and I wanted desperately to relax in the hot tub but it was luke warm and far from relaxing and instead FREEZING. The bar on Friday night had one bartendar and the wait for a cocktail exceeded 30 minutes which is hard to do when you are parenting 3 kids. The breakfast was overpriced for what was offered. The package included buffet but required us to eat in CoCo Key. At opening time the doors were grimy and unwashed from the night before and there was trash on the ground. Clearly they didnt prepare to welcome guests for a clean breakfast area. We basically paid $17 for cold cereal, muffins and juice. The eggs were inedible and there was no employee there to mind the kids that were reaching in to the buffet area with their hands. It was completely unsanitary. For the hundreds of $'s we paid for 24 hours of supposed fun and relaxation, I was highly disappointed and therefore we would not return.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tara, thank you for your feedback. As a parent, I can understand that you save up your money and you build up your excitement when planning for a family getaway. We are saddened to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We truly apologize for the temperature issues during your recent visit. We have since resolved the issue and would like to welcome your family back for a return visit. Thank you in advance for giving us another chance to provide a fun and relaxing family retreat.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I personally did not stay at Double Tree at Hilton however my colleagues did. My colleagues required a large shipment to be delivered and collected from the hotel for an event. Because the shipment and collection was organised from our office in the UK this was tricky and we encountered several problems. The staff at Double Tree Hilton were very professional and extremely helpful. The collection would not have happened on time without their constant help and assistance. The hotel staff were also very helpful to my colleagues who stayed at the hotel. A special thank you to Karen on reception and Will Dame the Purchasing Manager.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Lisa, thank you for sharing your comments, which I have gladly relayed to our team. It was our pleasure hosting your group, and we look forward to being of assistance in the future!
Hilton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton in Danvers, MA last weekend. We were there for the annual Boston Sea Rovers underwater symposium which we have been attending for years. We booked our room two months in advance and were confirmed with an upgrade to the "Executive Floor". First, the good news. The hotel is conveniently located a short drive from Boston and parking is plentiful and free. It has an enormous ballroom and conference rooms that are excellent venues for all sorts of events. The lobby area is newly redecorated and the overall condition of the first floor is airy, well-appointed and first rate. Now the bad news. The hotel is attached to a Water Park called Coco Key Water Park and it obviously represents a MAJOR part of this hotel's guests and the place is overrun by families with children who are there for a mini vacation at the water park. Last year when my wife and I attended the symposium I had to go to the front desk and ask for another room because of the unbelievable amount of noise coming from the room next door where it sounded like a school playground at recess with kids literally bouncing off the walls. I went to the room and knocked and knocked and when the rather belligerent parents finally opened the door what to my wondering eyes should appear but a room with two beds, four adults and no less than TEN, no exaggeration TEN children who were running around the room chasing each other screaming. Needless to say my requests to please quiet down were ignored. Not wanting to force a confrontation I asked the management for another room and my wife and I packed up and moved. Once we got to the reassigned room we were again treated to yelling parents and screaming children next door. I spent the next couple of nights trying to sleep with the pillows over my head. That was last year. Last weekend we again attended the Sea Rovers symposium, which is wonderful by the way, with guest speakers and leaders in underwater research, exploration and adventure from around the world. We figured that maybe we had just been unlucky with last year's disaster at the hotel. No such luck. This year we arrived on Friday night after a long and tiring drive of several hundred miles. We had no sooner arrived and sat down in our room for a little relaxation on the eighth floor when we heard the baby start crying next door. Then another child started crying and the parents started talking to the kids loudly to be heard over the racket. After about an hour of this, and remembering what had happened last year, I went to the front desk and explained the situation and our experience last year to the desk clerk, who I believe was named Maureen. She agreed to provide us with another room on the eighth floor which apparently has the fewest number of families with children who are there for the water park. To her credit and to be fair to her and management Maureen also comped us two vouchers for breakfast and that was very nice of her. The restaurant was too crowded the next morning and we couldn’t get a table for a half hour so we used the vouchers at the nearby coffee shop. So, once again, we packed up our bags and trudged off to the far end of the hallway. We got unpacked in our new room and a little while later we heard the door slam next door and immediately a baby started to cry. Then at least one or two other children started running around and yelling. My wife and I just groaned. At this point I should point out that the walls of this hotel are apparently made of tissue paper. They look like sheet rock but are definitely tissue paper. I couldn't tell exactly what the parents were yelling because I don’t speak that language, but apparently Carlos was pretty upset about something. Soon Carlos' posse showed up with some more kids and they started running around yelling. It was hard to tell exactly what was going on in the room next door because their TV was turned up real loud to drown out the noise from their kids and then the adults were yelling over both the TV and the kids. At this point my wife and I left our room and spent the rest of the weekend trying to spend as little time there as possible. Oh – did I mention that the hotel is also “pet friendly”. So, to sum up - this Double Tree Hilton certainly does NOT live up to the Hilton name for quality. The facility is large and quite nice, especially on the lower floors, but they appear to cater to a clientele who are looking for a low cost mini vacation for the family at the water park. If you're the kind of guy who wears your hat backwards and likes to walk around in the winter in shorts and flip flops to show off your tattoos then look no further - this is the place for you! On the other hand, if you are the kind of traveler who is looking for a nice place for you and your loved ones to enjoy a nice, relaxing stay away from home then I'd suggest that you look elsewhere. You can do a lot better than this Romper Room. Happy Trails, Tim Jennings - Rochester, NY, March 11, 2014.

Room Tip: If you care anything about peace and quiet and being able to get a good night's sleep stay as fa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had during your recent stay with us. We do our best to ensure every guest is respectful of each other so that all may enjoy their stay, and we regret having dropped the ball. We have shared your concerns with our team so we may work to better preserve the comfort of our guests moving forward. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality and atmosphere you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.
Danvers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently and it was a great experience. They really know how to roll out the red carpet for their guests. I would highly recommend staying here. Nothing bad to say. Friendly staff and very clean!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joseph, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and the level of service our team provided here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Here for a weekend to take the kids to CoCo Keys Waterpark. I reserved the Family Deluxe package which included a family room (with a separate area with 2 twin beds separate from the king bed) and tickets for 4 to the waterpark for two days (Saturday, day of check-in, and Sunday) as well as 2 $20 cards for the arcade. The kids absolutely loved it all. I loved the warm chocolate chip walnut cookie upon check-in. What a treat!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that your family had a fun and memorable stay at our hotel - starting with our famous fresh-baked DoubleTree cookies at check-in, and followed by our Ultimate Water Park Package experience! We would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!