“Amazing hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Amazing hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is amazing! All workers here are awesome! Tara at the front desk is a wonderful, wonderful help and is great at her job! All other staff is amazing! I suggest this hotel to everybody. the pool is huge, the hottub is nice as well. Also, there is a sauna in the pool area which is very helpful when you get out of the pool and get a little chilly. Also, Hayley the food manager at the hotel is a very nice person who also does a superb job.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Lindsey, thank you for your positive comments, which I have shared with our staff, and especially Tara and Hayley and their directors. We are happy to hear our staff made your stay so enjoyable. And that you were able to take advantage of our on-site Atlantis Sports Club pool & spa. Hope to have you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wakefield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was nice. No water pressure in shower. Water in shower not very hot. The clerk that took my reservation made a mistake. Breakfast was an absolute rip off. It was $12 for some boxed cereal, stale muffins and bagels. Cream cheese looked gross. Oatmeal was gross. Couldn't even spoon on brown sugar because it was hard as a rock. Most hotels give this kind of breakfast for free, it cost us $25 which was outrageous!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Colleen, thank you for your feedback. We are glad your stay was enjoyable overall. But we do apologize for the water pressure & temperature issues you encountered, and have alerted our Engineering department to address these issues. As for the continental breakfast buffet in our restaurant, we are as disappointed to hear about what you encountered as you were to experience it. We will be refunding you the cost of breakfast. And I have shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage team, which continues to work to improve our quality and service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was here for only one night for work, The driver picked myself & my co-workers up from the hotel we were staying at Boston, he referred to this place as a "pit." Not something you want to hear going to where you will spend the night. Of course, my concept of what a "pit" is and the drivers is two different things. This place is NOT a pit. Modern decor, clean, good service. I was upgraded to executive floor, where I got to take advantage of happy hour offerings and breakfast with a nice view. My room was spacious, clean. The HVAC was a bit noisy when I adjusted the temperature, but I didn't hear it the rest of the night after it got up to my desired temperature. I also tried their restaurant, we had a large group which the waitnress who served us was great. The food was good, drinks were good. What more can you want from a hotel?

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I would have rated this hotel between average and very good, but opted on the higher rating since overall it wasn't a bad experience. My wife and I just completed a stay here due to her having a corporate event on property. The check in process was very simple and the staff were extremely accommodating and polite. We were recognized as Hilton members, offered waters and provided with breakfast coupons since the Executive Lounge is closed on the weekends - and of course the usual hot cookie. The hotel itself is easy to get to, plenty of parking at both ends of the building, with limited front of building parking. The room we received was fine, clean with all the amenities you'd expect in a DoubleTree. As noted by others the hotel and rooms are a bit dated, but all was in order. That is to say the heating worked fine, as did the water, lights, etc. There were plenty of plugs, an in room safe, ample mirrors, good iron, tv and the like. The only negative about the room was we could easily hear the folks next door to us as they talked, so not sure on the sound proofing or the like. The event we attended was also nice - the buffet line food was good, staff were pleasant and helpful, so all in all a good experience. We were never "wow"ed, but were never left disappointed or upset either. We had the buffet breakfast on site at the Trade Winds and it actually was very good. The usual fair, but lots of it and decent quality, including a better than usual fruit offering. Solid service here too with attentive never ending coffee and offers to get us something else. We'd stay again given a reason to be in Danvers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was concerned when I saw the picture of the exterior of the hotel online. I was afraid it would be sort of early 70's or 80's, but the hotel is updated in pristine condition on the inside. My room was clean, comfortable and it actually felt kind of posh. I would definitely stay again!

Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was here for several days for a conference during a blizzard. The room itself was fine, I was on the 7th floor and had no complaints. The restaurant, the service was slow, food was ok. Most of the staff were friendly and trying their best. The best meal I had was the chicken Panini, that was very good.

The pool area was chilly and the hot tub disgusting and cold. I didn't use the indoor water park so I can't comment on that.

The parking lot was cleared out by the next day of the snow, for having over 18 inches of snow late night they did a great job.

The room for the conference was good, made it easy to sit for 8 hours, and the breakfast, and snacks during the conference were decent.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, it was quiet up there. There is a water park and there are a lot of families...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to host your group while you were "snowed in" at our property. We're happy to hear our conference space suited your group well. And we are glad you enjoyed a quiet stay on our Executive Floor, which is a great option for business travelers. We do apologize for the pool and hot tub issues you encountered, and I have shared your feedback with our on-site Atlantis Sports Club staff. We appreciate your comments regarding the helpfulness of our hotel staff. The slow service you encountered in our restaurant is being addressed, as our Food & Beverage team is undergoing an extensive training program to ensure that our service standards meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We do hope you will come see us again!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel's location next to CoCo Key is great -- and the water park itself was fabulous for kids. But this hotel is dated, dingy, and in some respects dirty. It's just not up to snuff with other DoubleTree and Hilton hotels that I've visited.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments. So glad to hear that you and your kids had an excellent experience at CoCo Key! We hope to see your family again soon. As for your feedback regarding our hotel, we are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will continue working to make our hotel a more welcoming property.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!