“Awesome!!!” 5 of 5 stars

15% off for AAA Members
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We brought 4 kids with us including our 7 month old daughter to stay at the hotel for the weekend and go to Coco Key water park. With my husband being legally blind, i was worried and anxious over logistics. The bellman Steven was what made our stay over the top amazing. From bringing in our bags to checking in with us periodically during our stay, to chatting with my husband while he waited for our take-out order, to delivering my kids fresh baked cookies (after asking permission), he truly went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean and very family friendly! The kids loved the family suite (could have used another chair or sofa but managed). The only thing that could be improved on was a manager Saturday evening speaking harshly to Steven (in front of my husband no less) for speaking with my husband and keeping him company. With his limited eyesight, Steven made him comfortable as there was a function going on that evening that put a lot of people in the hotel lobby. I'd love to tell that manager that no only was him scolding Steven in front of a guest inconsiderate but that Steven was actually helping a guest of the hotel be comfortable.

We will most definitely be back again thanks to Steven's hospitality!!!

Stacey

• Stayed March 2013
DTBOS_Mgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi Stacey,

Thanks for your great feedback! We agree that Steven is a terrific member of our team! We are pleased to read about how he made your stay more comfortable and relaxing and have shared your high praise with our management team and associates. We will encourage all of our team members to provide the same great customer service exemplified by Steven. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton connected to CoCo Key Resort in Danvers in February 2013 with my wife, children and friends. I had received an email with a great package deal that included 2 nights, water resort tickets for 4, buffet breakfast for 4 and $20 per day at the arcade for children. It seemed like a great deal for the February school break. The water resort was fun and well worth it as we were in 80-plus degrees while there was a severe winter snow storm going on outside with excessive winds. We were very happy to be indoors in swimming suits.

I won't go into details about the room experience here. It was probably one of the worst hotel rooms I have ever encountered. We had issues with a shower curtain, heating, cable, bedding and more. The reason I won't go into detail is because when I listed all my grievances at checkout, the on-duty night manager credited my bill for the entire stay. She admitted to me that our room was on a list that should have not been rented out. The hotel management knew it was not ready for occupants yet it was still booked by some error. I appreciated the honesty. The night manager was apologetic and sincere. I was stunned. Usually hotel management runs for cover and provides nothing but excuses.

Because of the way our complaints were handled, I would return to the hotel and give them another chance. This property is obviously not up to Hilton standards but they are working on it. Overall they seem to provide a nice experience with CoCo Key Water Resort and I hope they improve the hotel itself. We left knowing they took our complaints seriously and wanted to make us happy. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We again sincerely apologize for the challenges that you encountered with the room that you were assigned, and we greatly appreciate your willingness to give us another chance. We look forward to really wowing you and your family with our newly renovated guest rooms and exemplary customer service on your next visit!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For those of HHonors Elite members who regards executive lounge access as one of important perks to stay on the executive floor, this may be an information worthy of noting:

As of March 4, 2013, this hotel still does not have an executive lounge- it's under construction. I recommend you calling the front desk to confirm before booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your informative email regarding our Executive Lounge. We are proud say that our newly built Executive Lounge has been completed and will open on Thursday, March 7th! We look forward to welcoming you and all of our Hilton Honors Elite members. The hotel has been completely renovated and the Executive Lounge is simply amazing, with a terrific view of the Massachusetts countryside.

We look forward welcoming you back and showing off our new look!
Chester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I went to Coco Keys this past weekend, (2/28-3/1). We bought a package which gave us the friday evening passes to Coco Keys, 1 overnight stay and then a full day at Coco Keys on Saturday. We arrived and were greated by pleasant hotel staff, checked in, recieved warm chocolate chip cookies and then up to our room we went. The room was clean and comfortable. We went to the water park and after being there for 1/2 hr, my son slipped and cut his chin. The staff at Coco Keys were exceptional. Vadim, one of the empolyees, was so great with my son. He calmed him down, cleaned him up and provided us with directions to an Urgent Care facility. Danielle, the supervisor, was very smypathetic and told me she would take care of us. All of the staff was so caring, competent and professional. We arrived back at Coco Keys to thank everybody again for their care and Vadim told us there was something special in our room for us. The staff had sent up stuffed animals, milk and cookies, and tickets to return another day for the park. They also refunded our money for our park tickets we had already paid for. This was so thoughtful of the staff. This was also excellent customer service. They again were all very kind and considerate. We will definately be returning to the park and hotel. We hope we will meet up with Vadim and Danielle again but this time just to say Hello! I would highly recommend this hotel and this park. Great time for all! This staff should be commended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DTBOS_Mgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! You’re right – Vadim, Danielle and the rest of our Water Park staff are terrific! We are so glad that you and your family felt so cared for by our staff. We can’t wait for you to return!
boston, ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love the Hilton hotels. But this hotel should be removed from the Hilton line. Miriam at the front desk should be fired. I can't believe anyone would allow her to work in a business where she can interact with customers. I went into the hotel with the intention of making a room reservation and paying for my friends child's birthday party stay and buying tickets for the water park coco keys.

All I asked for was a total amount of the room, tickets, and tax. She literally gave me a dirty look, grunted and walked away from the front desk and never reappeared. The other staff member eventually came over after 5 minutes of me just standing there and asked if they could help and said oh, Miriam? Like they expected it from her. Why would you allow someone like that to represent Hilton? Or any company?

I called the next day to ask what the upgrade cost of the room would be and the lady that answered the phone said it was too loud in the lobby and hung up on me.

This hotel is not geared towards adults, business travelers, or anyone that wants any type of customer service. They think just because its tied to the water park, the parents are stuck coming here and because the kids want to be here, they can treat people however they want to. Don't expect anything and definitely don't expect the normal "Hilton service" you would normally get.

Guarantee I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. It is loud, no one watches the children, the staff is rude, and the place isn't even clean.

I will do everything in my power to convince this little girl to go somewhere else for her birthday next year just to make sure this hotel does not get my business again.

• Stayed March 2013
We are surprised and saddened to read your review. Customer service is extremely important to us and we share your expectation that guests be treated courteously and assisted as swiftly as possible. We have shared your feedback with our management and staff and will work toward improvement in this area. Please accept our sincerely apologies. We really appreciate the time and effort that you took in sharing your feedback with us – thank you. We do hope that you will give us a second chance. When you are ready to return, please call Mariah at (978) 777 2500 so that she can personally make your reservation for you.
Fort Lee, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the worst experience in my life. Nothing against the water park. The water park itself was nice. The hotel management is the worst ever. They overbilled my stay so I went to the front desk on the day of check out to fix it. I then received a corrected bill but then they still billed the wrong amount on my credit card. I tried to get in touch with the management many times to talk, however, everytime I was told that the manager is too busy so that she would get back to me which she never did. So I called the customer service and explained them what happened. I was then told that the hotel would get back to me whithin 3 days but that also never happened. I called the customer service again. Finally, they got in touch with the hotel and promised me that they will send me a check for reimbursement. I won't believe them until I see the check. But the most shocking thing is that the hotel management never bothered to get back to me till now to appologize for what has happened. Is this the way how to treat a customer ? Definetely not. I will definetely never ever go to this hotel again. If you decide to go, please make sure to check your final bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are greatly discouraged to read about your recent experience with us. Our goal is to provide our guests with exemplary customer service, comfortable rooms and accurate bills. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered with your bill. Rest assured, we will do right by you. It is our understanding that guest assistance is currently in contact with you to resolve this matter. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to provide us for your feed back as it provides us with the opportunity for improvement.
South Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed there for one night and it was one too many. We had to move rooms because the pipes in the wall for the shower were so loud the walls shook. We got to the second room and it had the same problem. By that point we didn't want to switch rooms again. The Manager on Duty was fantastic. She gave us free room service breakfast the following morning...but room service didn't bring up the entire order! By that point we just ate and checked out. I would not go back and I wouldn't tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your praise of our fantastic Manager on Duty! We are always looking for ways to make our guests’ stays more comfortable. We are disappointed to read about the challenges that you had with your rooms and room service. We have shared your feedback with our management team and associates and will work toward solutions. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. When you are ready to return, please reach out to Mariah at (978) 777 2500, so that we can ensure that your next visit is extraordinary.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!