“Recently Renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
New York, New York, United States
“Recently Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed last night in preparation for a morning meeting. The hotel looked like it was newly renovated (confirmed by the staff). The main floor was gorgeous and my room was very handsome. I had a tasty salad down in the lounge and everyone was attentive.

The bed was a little soft for my liking, but that is very subjective. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Ed B.,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel. We have put immense effort into our redo and it is always nice to see positive feedback on our efforts. We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Andrew was the best from the time I spoke to him on the phone because mariah(front desk manager never returned either one of my two voicemails) until I checked out. He brings a fun but perfessional attiude. He went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure all the needs of my husband and I was met from food, water resort, arcade, our room, and even the pool. I wish he was going to be there on a permanent basis because I would come back every year. I would recommend this hotel for everyone from couples to familys because it was nice having everything you need without leaving the hotel. I want to thank you andrew once again for all your kindness.

The Mclemores.........

Room Tip: Ask for andrew he will take great care of you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. McClemore,

It was a delight getting to know you over your 4 day stay and we are thrilled that your experience were awersome. Ms. Mariah was out of town for your voicemails, so I apologize as I should have better managed that, but I assure you that she is considerably better than I. For all of the associates that had the pleasure of getting to know you including Cassaris and Kim, they say "hello"! Happy Birthday again Mr. McClemore and we look forward to having you back!
Leominster, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Two adults and two children were in our party, when we checked in on the 19th of January, for a few hours at Coco Key (seperate review).
The entire staff at this hotel, that we met, were very courteous and attentive.
The first floor room was very clean with a king bed that was soft. The children's beds were very hard, but they managed. Next day's buffet breakfast was ample, but cold. Yes, this property could use some minor fine tuning, but a clean room, and a soft bed, is all this family needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Thomas S,

I am delighted to see that while you had some hiccups during your stay, that our staff was able to correct your issues and that they did it in such a professional manner. We look forward to having you back soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My daughter and I just stayed here this past week while she attended a dance convention at the hotel. I had heard that the hotel was not great while it was under previous management. However, upon arrival I was very happy with the appearance of the hotel and the staff. Even though the hotel was completely full because of the dance convention the staff did a great job and were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The heatlh club attached to the hotel was unexpected and quite handy. Our daughters enjoyed the large indoor pool and a group of us worked out in the morning. Kudos to housekeeping as they kept with the restroom use of all the dancers. My only small complaint was with the elevators which were very slow and usually full. We resorted to climbing the stairs each time because of the wait. I think that not all were working which will probably be fixed shortly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear KimM250,

We are so delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We had a blast seeing all of the talented dancers with your group and being able to provide the great customer service we strive for. We look forward to having you back next year for the event and hopefully before then.
CT,USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the visit was a good one. My wife, 3 yo daughter and 1 yo son stayed overnight and went to the Coco Key water resort (separate review) that is attached to the hotel. For a Hilton property, it definitely needed some upgrading. We rated in one of the Family Suites on the first floor. The room was ok. Old and worn, for sure, but very comfortable and the separate kid's area was perfect. The thermostat was very difficult to control - it was either hot or cold. Nothing in between. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. We were able to check in early and use the hotel pool before coco key opened. It was very clean and nice. The breakfast buffet was pretty average as well. All the normal options, but it was clear that the hot items had been out for a while. I was satisfied, but not blown away.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Getaway4now,

I am delighted to see that we were able to meet your initial needs of being able to check-in early and that you were able to enjoy the water park! I have addressed your comments with our team, as we are always striving for perfection, and know when you return, that your comments will be even more phenomenal.

Thank you for the review!
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you have stayed here the past couple of years [as have I] and was left less than impressed [as was I] You Must Return!!! It has changed and I was extremely satisfied. For a business traveler this is a must stay. The staff was great, room was cozy, the food and drink was very good and priced right. Nothing better than landing, eating, and relaxing without having to "drive" more and more and more. The "managers" evening with treats and a staff open to feedback was refreshing. I will return and will share this information with my client so they can refer the good word to other road warriors. TY Peter

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pierre R,

It was a pleasure getting to know you during our Manager's Reception. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review as I know you are a well-seasoned traveler. I have shared your kind remarks to our staff and they are ecstatic to see that there hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back and if you need anything, please call me!
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at this facility in the past when it was under other management. The makeover to this hotel was not only to the structure and appearance but showed in the upbeat attitude of the employees as well. We were treated like royalty. Everyone smiled and asked how we were and if there was anything anyone could do for us from the cleaning staff on our floor to the concierge to the reservation desk staff to the hostesses and wait staff in the restaurant. Both my husband and I remarked on it repeatedly. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear thgi,

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our "new" property. We have put immense efforts into upgrading our building for our guests and are delighted to see you and your husband appreciate the enhancements. As for the staff, they are a high-energy, high-service team and are thrilled that you all enjoyed it!

We look forward to having you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Comfort Inn North Shore
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!