“Worked for what we needed” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off for AAA Members
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Danvers
CT,USA
“Worked for what we needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the visit was a good one. My wife, 3 yo daughter and 1 yo son stayed overnight and went to the Coco Key water resort (separate review) that is attached to the hotel. For a Hilton property, it definitely needed some upgrading. We rated in one of the Family Suites on the first floor. The room was ok. Old and worn, for sure, but very comfortable and the separate kid's area was perfect. The thermostat was very difficult to control - it was either hot or cold. Nothing in between. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. We were able to check in early and use the hotel pool before coco key opened. It was very clean and nice. The breakfast buffet was pretty average as well. All the normal options, but it was clear that the hot items had been out for a while. I was satisfied, but not blown away.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Getaway4now,

I am delighted to see that we were able to meet your initial needs of being able to check-in early and that you were able to enjoy the water park! I have addressed your comments with our team, as we are always striving for perfection, and know when you return, that your comments will be even more phenomenal.

Thank you for the review!

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you have stayed here the past couple of years [as have I] and was left less than impressed [as was I] You Must Return!!! It has changed and I was extremely satisfied. For a business traveler this is a must stay. The staff was great, room was cozy, the food and drink was very good and priced right. Nothing better than landing, eating, and relaxing without having to "drive" more and more and more. The "managers" evening with treats and a staff open to feedback was refreshing. I will return and will share this information with my client so they can refer the good word to other road warriors. TY Peter

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pierre R,

It was a pleasure getting to know you during our Manager's Reception. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review as I know you are a well-seasoned traveler. I have shared your kind remarks to our staff and they are ecstatic to see that there hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back and if you need anything, please call me!
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at this facility in the past when it was under other management. The makeover to this hotel was not only to the structure and appearance but showed in the upbeat attitude of the employees as well. We were treated like royalty. Everyone smiled and asked how we were and if there was anything anyone could do for us from the cleaning staff on our floor to the concierge to the reservation desk staff to the hostesses and wait staff in the restaurant. Both my husband and I remarked on it repeatedly. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear thgi,

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our "new" property. We have put immense efforts into upgrading our building for our guests and are delighted to see you and your husband appreciate the enhancements. As for the staff, they are a high-energy, high-service team and are thrilled that you all enjoyed it!

We look forward to having you back soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time and excellent service! I would go back and reccomand anyone to visit the double tree, especailly if you have kids. Coco key was very fun and excellent. The breakfast was great. The arcade was very fun and entertaining.

• Stayed January 2013
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Lvrzjnny1991,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited this hotel last night for a wedding in Groveland, Ma. The shuttle service for the wedding had left a few of us behind and we were going to miss the ceremony. However, Janelle went out of her way to provide us with the best possible service and we were able to get to the wedding on time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know thanks to the great service provided by Janelle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Emily M,

I am always ecstatic to see one of our team members go above and beyond for our guests. Janelle is a big asset to our success! I have passed on your kind words to our entire team and we hope to have you back for another wedding or whatever may bring you to our hotel. Janelle says "Hello".
Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited this hotel as a mini-reunion with friends. What a perfect place for that to happen with a group of 8 adults & 7 kids (ranging from 3-11). All the kids had a great time at the water park and especially loved their own space in the Family designed hotel room.
Excellent service for our large party in the lounge by James and other employees of the restaurant. It seemed like the servers knew what we needed to keep our large group happy even before we asked...awesome for parents who just kept chatting away as we reunited!
Would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Pick the family style room if you're traveling with kids under 11!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear CAfam2013,

I have passed on your kind words to James and he appreciates you speaking so highly about his service. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and sincerely appreciate you letting our future customers know what they should be expecting when they stay with us! We look forward to having you back soon!
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My son asked for his birthday party to be at CoCo Key. I had never even been, but I did my research and talked to a lot of people who had been and the reviews were awesome, so I gave it a shot. My experience started off with Erin, the Sales Manager - she was SUPER, especially for dealing with this Mom!!: (I am definitely overwhelmingly paranoid!! and I have an obsession with party planning too, so the combo doesn't always appeal to the help!!) Erin was kind, patient and very helpful. She went over every detail and helped me plan beginning to end!! The water park itself was awesome! The kids had a BLAST. I liked the idea that there was areas for all ages to enjoy, since some of the children were younger too. I also liked the idea of there being lifegaurds everywhere, especially since we invited 13 kids!!!! I was happy that they provided lifejackets as another safety method. Even the adults had a great time! It was so nice to get away from the cold New England weather and get some tropical fun for the day!!!
After the park, it was time to cut the cake!! Our hostess, Kelsey was AMAZING too!!!!!! I didn't bring any coordinating paper goods for our LEGO theme party, and being the party planner that I am, I was a little disappointed in myself. So, I was hoping they would supply something neutral at least. We got way better than neutral colors! She did an amazing job coordinating our main LEGO colors - blue, yellow and red, to tie in everything nicely - it looked great!! She went above and beyond to help me, even loading my stuff up and bringing it out to my car. She was great!!!!! More than one guest complimented her attentiveness and friendly personality!! (-: Thanks CoCo Key for making my son's birthday better than I ever thought it could be! Truly a memorable time for everyone. Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!