“Absolutely Wonderful!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
maine
“Absolutely Wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at this facility in the past when it was under other management. The makeover to this hotel was not only to the structure and appearance but showed in the upbeat attitude of the employees as well. We were treated like royalty. Everyone smiled and asked how we were and if there was anything anyone could do for us from the cleaning staff on our floor to the concierge to the reservation desk staff to the hostesses and wait staff in the restaurant. Both my husband and I remarked on it repeatedly. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear thgi,

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our "new" property. We have put immense efforts into upgrading our building for our guests and are delighted to see you and your husband appreciate the enhancements. As for the staff, they are a high-energy, high-service team and are thrilled that you all enjoyed it!

We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time and excellent service! I would go back and reccomand anyone to visit the double tree, especailly if you have kids. Coco key was very fun and excellent. The breakfast was great. The arcade was very fun and entertaining.

• Stayed January 2013
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Lvrzjnny1991,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited this hotel last night for a wedding in Groveland, Ma. The shuttle service for the wedding had left a few of us behind and we were going to miss the ceremony. However, Janelle went out of her way to provide us with the best possible service and we were able to get to the wedding on time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know thanks to the great service provided by Janelle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Emily M,

I am always ecstatic to see one of our team members go above and beyond for our guests. Janelle is a big asset to our success! I have passed on your kind words to our entire team and we hope to have you back for another wedding or whatever may bring you to our hotel. Janelle says "Hello".
Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited this hotel as a mini-reunion with friends. What a perfect place for that to happen with a group of 8 adults & 7 kids (ranging from 3-11). All the kids had a great time at the water park and especially loved their own space in the Family designed hotel room.
Excellent service for our large party in the lounge by James and other employees of the restaurant. It seemed like the servers knew what we needed to keep our large group happy even before we asked...awesome for parents who just kept chatting away as we reunited!
Would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Pick the family style room if you're traveling with kids under 11!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear CAfam2013,

I have passed on your kind words to James and he appreciates you speaking so highly about his service. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and sincerely appreciate you letting our future customers know what they should be expecting when they stay with us! We look forward to having you back soon!
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My son asked for his birthday party to be at CoCo Key. I had never even been, but I did my research and talked to a lot of people who had been and the reviews were awesome, so I gave it a shot. My experience started off with Erin, the Sales Manager - she was SUPER, especially for dealing with this Mom!!: (I am definitely overwhelmingly paranoid!! and I have an obsession with party planning too, so the combo doesn't always appeal to the help!!) Erin was kind, patient and very helpful. She went over every detail and helped me plan beginning to end!! The water park itself was awesome! The kids had a BLAST. I liked the idea that there was areas for all ages to enjoy, since some of the children were younger too. I also liked the idea of there being lifegaurds everywhere, especially since we invited 13 kids!!!! I was happy that they provided lifejackets as another safety method. Even the adults had a great time! It was so nice to get away from the cold New England weather and get some tropical fun for the day!!!
After the park, it was time to cut the cake!! Our hostess, Kelsey was AMAZING too!!!!!! I didn't bring any coordinating paper goods for our LEGO theme party, and being the party planner that I am, I was a little disappointed in myself. So, I was hoping they would supply something neutral at least. We got way better than neutral colors! She did an amazing job coordinating our main LEGO colors - blue, yellow and red, to tie in everything nicely - it looked great!! She went above and beyond to help me, even loading my stuff up and bringing it out to my car. She was great!!!!! More than one guest complimented her attentiveness and friendly personality!! (-: Thanks CoCo Key for making my son's birthday better than I ever thought it could be! Truly a memorable time for everyone. Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
We are so pleased that we were able to make your son's birthday so memorable!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel portion of this property is fine. The room was clean and other than a scruffy desk chair, it was in good shape. When we used the excellent water park, we were told our room keys were waterproof. Upon returning to our room (btw, this place is big and you will walk a lot), the key did not work. I walked back to the front desk in my wet suit and asked for a new key. I was told "we just repainted, you need to push on the door harder. We just had a group of asian businessmen here who couldn't open the door either. It was really funny" I told the desk worker the lock was not working and she told me I really needed to push harder. I had to ask the other desk person for a new key which worked fine.

We had dinner in the nearly empty bar/restaurant which was awful. Poor service, multiple servers who all seemed unaware of each others actions, and food and expensive. I ordered a beer when we sat down and they spent a good 20 minutes running all over to find the brand I asked for. they kept assuring me it was coming. I had 2 glasses of iced water while I waited. Finally, halfway through my entree, my lukewarm beer arrived. Breakfast the following morning was also bad. Very expensive buffett food and still a clueless staff.

Coco Key is fun. Comparable to or better than Kahuna Laguna.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear islndtrvlr,

I agree that the Water Park is an absolute blast and am pleased that your family enjoyed it! I wanted to let you know that we just brought on board a new F&B director to enhance our restaurant experience and his accolades include opening the best restaurant in the U.S. 2008 according to Esquire magazine and working directly with Iron Chef Jose Garces, thus we are pleased to share that our restaurant will soon be one of the best in the Danvers/Boston area. I look forward to you coming back and enjoying your entire experience and thank you for taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor.
Weston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Took the kids to DoubleTree for a night as a mini getaway. There is a very nice indoor water park on the property that the kids loved. It's a constant 84F without having to worry about sun block or bug repellent. The hotel must had a recent renovation, the deco is very nice and the room is decent. There is no strange smell and the room is clean.

The only issue I had was we booked a family suite which is on the first floor. I was told that all the family suites are on the ground floor. There is a microwave and a fridge in the room. Kids have their own section and TV. The kids do not seem to mind it being on the first floor thou.

Over all, it's a nice hotel.

Room Tip: The family suite is on the first floor. If you like higher floors, pick a different type room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear hsifish,

Thank you for taking the time to speak so highly about our hotel. You are correct that the hotel did just finish a beautification and we are pleased to show our new product to you and future customers. I agree that the family rooms are perfect, but want to let you know that they are on the second floor of the hotel as well and the difference is the 2nd floor rooms have balconies. I have passed your kind words on to our team members and look forward to having you as our guest again!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!