“Decent hotel-good water park-awful restaurants” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off for AAA Members
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Danvers
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent hotel-good water park-awful restaurants”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel portion of this property is fine. The room was clean and other than a scruffy desk chair, it was in good shape. When we used the excellent water park, we were told our room keys were waterproof. Upon returning to our room (btw, this place is big and you will walk a lot), the key did not work. I walked back to the front desk in my wet suit and asked for a new key. I was told "we just repainted, you need to push on the door harder. We just had a group of asian businessmen here who couldn't open the door either. It was really funny" I told the desk worker the lock was not working and she told me I really needed to push harder. I had to ask the other desk person for a new key which worked fine.

We had dinner in the nearly empty bar/restaurant which was awful. Poor service, multiple servers who all seemed unaware of each others actions, and food and expensive. I ordered a beer when we sat down and they spent a good 20 minutes running all over to find the brand I asked for. they kept assuring me it was coming. I had 2 glasses of iced water while I waited. Finally, halfway through my entree, my lukewarm beer arrived. Breakfast the following morning was also bad. Very expensive buffett food and still a clueless staff.

Coco Key is fun. Comparable to or better than Kahuna Laguna.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear islndtrvlr,

I agree that the Water Park is an absolute blast and am pleased that your family enjoyed it! I wanted to let you know that we just brought on board a new F&B director to enhance our restaurant experience and his accolades include opening the best restaurant in the U.S. 2008 according to Esquire magazine and working directly with Iron Chef Jose Garces, thus we are pleased to share that our restaurant will soon be one of the best in the Danvers/Boston area. I look forward to you coming back and enjoying your entire experience and thank you for taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor.

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Weston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Took the kids to DoubleTree for a night as a mini getaway. There is a very nice indoor water park on the property that the kids loved. It's a constant 84F without having to worry about sun block or bug repellent. The hotel must had a recent renovation, the deco is very nice and the room is decent. There is no strange smell and the room is clean.

The only issue I had was we booked a family suite which is on the first floor. I was told that all the family suites are on the ground floor. There is a microwave and a fridge in the room. Kids have their own section and TV. The kids do not seem to mind it being on the first floor thou.

Over all, it's a nice hotel.

Room Tip: The family suite is on the first floor. If you like higher floors, pick a different type room.
Dear hsifish,

Thank you for taking the time to speak so highly about our hotel. You are correct that the hotel did just finish a beautification and we are pleased to show our new product to you and future customers. I agree that the family rooms are perfect, but want to let you know that they are on the second floor of the hotel as well and the difference is the 2nd floor rooms have balconies. I have passed your kind words on to our team members and look forward to having you as our guest again!

Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I took my kids and grand kids here the weekend of 12/21-12/24 It was such a good time. We were treated so well, everyone from the staff at COCO KEYS to the staff at Starbucks were absolutely wonderful. So much so my daughter 10 yrs old said she felt like a movie star they treated us so good.. I travel and been to many a fine hotel this place is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Julie R,

Thank you for communicating your experience on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to see that you had such an enjoyable experience and have communicated to our team your kind words. Brisa, the starbucks attendant you refer to in your review, sends a special thank you and remembers your daughter and wanted to say "hello".

We look forward to having you back soon!
North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family went up for a weekend to meet our friends. We spent the entire day at Coco keys Water park, wonderful for ALL ages. The staff was excellent and the Starbucks attendant went out of her way to help us. I found the rooms to be perfect for a family and accomadating for young children. We are definetly going back:)

Dear Finsfamily,

We have shared your kind words to the Water Park team and to Brisa (the Starbucks attendant) and they have passed on a big THANK YOU! I agree that the water park is fun for all ages and look forward to having you back as our guests to be able to enjoy another adventure.
Willington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family headed up to Danvers, Mass this past weekend to spend a night at the Waterpark. What a great trip!! The hotel was great. Comfy beds. The hotel staff was extremely nice and friendly. We had 3 rooms. (3 families). The hotel moved things around for us so all the rooms were next to each other - even though they had a huge wedding going on.
The waterpark was wonderful!! We all had a blast!! There were 5 adults and 6 children ranging between the ages of 7-11. Even the 11 year old boys had a fantastic time! The temp of the water was perfect. I do agree with with other reviews have mentioned... not sure if teenagers would find it so exciting. We stayed one night and it was the perfect amount of time.
The arcade room was decent too. The kids spent an hour or two in there alone!
We had a buffet breakfast on Sunday in the hotels restuarant. SO good! Something for everyone. And again, the staff was really friendly.
We had a great time. And would recommend this hotel and this waterpark.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Shari230,

Thank you for your kind words. We continue to see excellent remarks about our service and the Water Park and I am delighted to see that you share in the same opinion of others. We look forward to having you experience our property again in the near future.
Mansfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Double Tree in Danvers for an overnight to visit friends and the waterpark. The staff was wonderful and the hotel looked as they though were undergoing some renovations. Our kids suite was great, nice and clean. We enjoyed the waterpark. Overall a great visit and would return again.

Dear Shell 7435,

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We strive for providing a wonderful and rewarding experience for our guests and your kind words make me feel as though we are succeeding. We are wrapping up what I like to call a beautification, or rather a multi-million dollar renovation, and are delighted that you enjoyed our enhancements. We look forward to having you back soon and would enjoy showing you our complete product.

Thank you again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

At hotel right now. Checked in room not made up, fire alarm going off next door, bathroom door locks and kids are stuck in!!! Do not come here... Just noticed in my room the fire alarm in my room is pulled off the wall.... Must be the same problem my neighbors have!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear mka4972,

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor as all guest praise and feedback is appreciated. For your future visits, we would enjoy the opportunity to rectify a frustration while you are staying at the hotel and encourage you to communicate it to us during your visit. As for a fire alarm, we take our fire emergency procedures very seriously and respond to alarms immediately. Unfortunately, it is out of our control when these situations happen. Please do contact me if I may be of further assistance and we look forward to having you back.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!