“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Danvers
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Double Tree in Danvers for an overnight to visit friends and the waterpark. The staff was wonderful and the hotel looked as they though were undergoing some renovations. Our kids suite was great, nice and clean. We enjoyed the waterpark. Overall a great visit and would return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Shell 7435,

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We strive for providing a wonderful and rewarding experience for our guests and your kind words make me feel as though we are succeeding. We are wrapping up what I like to call a beautification, or rather a multi-million dollar renovation, and are delighted that you enjoyed our enhancements. We look forward to having you back soon and would enjoy showing you our complete product.

Thank you again!

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

At hotel right now. Checked in room not made up, fire alarm going off next door, bathroom door locks and kids are stuck in!!! Do not come here... Just noticed in my room the fire alarm in my room is pulled off the wall.... Must be the same problem my neighbors have!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear mka4972,

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor as all guest praise and feedback is appreciated. For your future visits, we would enjoy the opportunity to rectify a frustration while you are staying at the hotel and encourage you to communicate it to us during your visit. As for a fire alarm, we take our fire emergency procedures very seriously and respond to alarms immediately. Unfortunately, it is out of our control when these situations happen. Please do contact me if I may be of further assistance and we look forward to having you back.

Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Double Tree by Hotel Hilton in Danvers really made our family getaway an extra-special treat. The personal and friendly attentiveness by all the hotel staff was beyond exceptional--without even our requesting, the staff offered many services to make our family get-away the royal treatment; for example, we brought a family DVD that they played on the big screen in the main room. . .JUST FOR US (of course, other guests were welcomed to join). The flexibility of being able to use our room whenever while having fun at the water park made it so ENJOYABLE.

Thanks to Andrew Hall of Double-Tree and all his staff, we have started to make this our yearly holiday family tradition (2012 is our 2nd year).

Thanks from the Belanger Family

Room Tip: Also, the king size bed with two singles in an alcove for our 2 children, really gave a nice ambien...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear BelangerLaw,

We sincerely appreciate all of the compliments regarding your recent stay and have passed on your kind words to our staff. Our goal is to always strive for perfection and I am pleased to see that you were so happy.

Please pass on a hello to the kids for us and we look forward to having you back soon.
Stanfordville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at the Doubletree North Shore Hotel. This hotel was recently converted to a Doubletree and is still going through very extensive renovations. The Health Club was great including pool and whirlpool. The room was very nice and recently renovated. Internet was working fine. No issue during heavy use over our stay. Very severe weather made it necessary as a precautionary measure to move our room. Staff accomodated this by significantly upgrading our room and providing other benefits so that our hotel experience remained a positive one. The staff overall were great. Monique and Tara at the front desk were especially helpful. They truly made sure our visit was a very enjoyable one. The food in the restaurtant was very good. The bartender Michael was extremely pleasant. Wound up staying up till midnight in great converation and drinks. He was expecting his first child any minute. I am sure he will make a wonderful dad. Overall my wife and I had a wonderful couple of days and look forward to returning soon. Before closing I must include that the welcoming cookies were a special treat. If you nicely ask the people at the front desk for an extra one I feel confident you will be pleasantly rewarded.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Mitch L,

I am so pleased that our team members were able to turn a negative into a positive for your stay and thank you for understanding that we wanted to take precautionary measures for your comfort during the northeastern. Tara, Monique, and Michael are three of our service champions and they appreciate your kind words. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Double Tree staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Rooms are very clean and food is wonderful. We did have a few small issues do to renovations but all resolved by staff.

- no cable
- no microwave
- safe locked out
- connecting rooms reserved and weren't available when checked in

All issues resolved in a timely manner. Thanks alot and will stay again

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Jarrelec35,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and couldn't agree more with you that we have an absolute rock star in our Front Desk Manager Janelle. She remembers you all and passes on a thank you for your kind words.
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The recent updates at this hotel have made a huge difference. The water park is great but what made our stay the best was the excellent customer service. Tara at the front desk was excellent and went out of her way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Monique was also helpful as well. They both deserve a raise!

Dear Patrick C,

There is nothing more rewarding then to see your team members shine! Tara and Monique are intregal people in our success and I am in complete agreement that they are phenomenal! Tara is now standing in front of me while I am writing this and she says, "Thank you so much and we look forward to having you back soon!"

Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is being renovated and I recommend not staying there until they are closer to completion. The staff were friendly and the facility has obviously had a lot of work done to it, but it is not up to the Hilton service standards we have grown to expect. Specifically:

- for entire three days there the internet never worked in room, despite calling the Help number and telling the front desk. Network connection but error screen when trying to log in.
- it took five minutes to get luke- warm water and, on the third day, the water was initially yellow in color
- major issues with the elevators. one consistently had problems with the doors closing (door would open and close 3 times before elevator moved... left most elevator facing the bank). The last day there an alarm was going off in the elevator when we checked out.
- when turning on the shower it sounded like a huge pump activated behind the wall, literally shaking the wall. 'Sounded like someone was pounding on the wall with a sledge- hammer.
- the guy traveling with me had no desk lamp ion his room. In fact, generally the lighting was inadequate in what are nice big rooms.
- the constant presence of construction workers and noisy equipment in the public areas is to be expected during a major renovation but their occasionally loud conversations and shouting across rooms could be toned down. They must be on a tight deadline because work was going on when we checked in late Sunday and throughout the days we were there. Consideration really should be given to having them quit at 5pm when folks start returning to the hotel and want peace & quiet.

One more minor complaint: I left a set of keys in my room and, while I appreciated the hotel notifying me, I was told when I called that I had to wait until the next day at 4pm when "Henry who takes care of lost & found comes on." I wanted to send an overnight shipping label to get the keys sent to me and was unable to do so because Henry didn't start until 4pm.

Room Tip: Wait until renovation is complete.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill T,

I am pleased to inform you that the beautification of our hotel is near completion and would love the opportunity to show you the wonderful new enhancements. I was able to pass on your kind words to our staff regarding their service and they too would like you to come back and see the new hotel. Please contact us at your convenience and we will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather and we hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Quiet, Budget...
Mid-range, Pool...
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston
Family-friendly...
The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Marina

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!