“Double Tree. Front desk manager, Janelle” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Ultimate Water Park Pkg
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
“Double Tree. Front desk manager, Janelle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Double Tree staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Rooms are very clean and food is wonderful. We did have a few small issues do to renovations but all resolved by staff.

- no cable
- no microwave
- safe locked out
- connecting rooms reserved and weren't available when checked in

All issues resolved in a timely manner. Thanks alot and will stay again

• Stayed December 2012
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Jarrelec35,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and couldn't agree more with you that we have an absolute rock star in our Front Desk Manager Janelle. She remembers you all and passes on a thank you for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The recent updates at this hotel have made a huge difference. The water park is great but what made our stay the best was the excellent customer service. Tara at the front desk was excellent and went out of her way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Monique was also helpful as well. They both deserve a raise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Patrick C,

There is nothing more rewarding then to see your team members shine! Tara and Monique are intregal people in our success and I am in complete agreement that they are phenomenal! Tara is now standing in front of me while I am writing this and she says, "Thank you so much and we look forward to having you back soon!"

Thank you again!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is being renovated and I recommend not staying there until they are closer to completion. The staff were friendly and the facility has obviously had a lot of work done to it, but it is not up to the Hilton service standards we have grown to expect. Specifically:

- for entire three days there the internet never worked in room, despite calling the Help number and telling the front desk. Network connection but error screen when trying to log in.
- it took five minutes to get luke- warm water and, on the third day, the water was initially yellow in color
- major issues with the elevators. one consistently had problems with the doors closing (door would open and close 3 times before elevator moved... left most elevator facing the bank). The last day there an alarm was going off in the elevator when we checked out.
- when turning on the shower it sounded like a huge pump activated behind the wall, literally shaking the wall. 'Sounded like someone was pounding on the wall with a sledge- hammer.
- the guy traveling with me had no desk lamp ion his room. In fact, generally the lighting was inadequate in what are nice big rooms.
- the constant presence of construction workers and noisy equipment in the public areas is to be expected during a major renovation but their occasionally loud conversations and shouting across rooms could be toned down. They must be on a tight deadline because work was going on when we checked in late Sunday and throughout the days we were there. Consideration really should be given to having them quit at 5pm when folks start returning to the hotel and want peace & quiet.

One more minor complaint: I left a set of keys in my room and, while I appreciated the hotel notifying me, I was told when I called that I had to wait until the next day at 4pm when "Henry who takes care of lost & found comes on." I wanted to send an overnight shipping label to get the keys sent to me and was unable to do so because Henry didn't start until 4pm.

Room Tip: Wait until renovation is complete.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Bill T,

I am pleased to inform you that the beautification of our hotel is near completion and would love the opportunity to show you the wonderful new enhancements. I was able to pass on your kind words to our staff regarding their service and they too would like you to come back and see the new hotel. Please contact us at your convenience and we will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather and we hope to see you soon!

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently had my son's 9th Birthday Party at CocoKey Water Park and stayed overnight at the doubke Tree. Overall the experience was great! It started even before we got to the hotel Erin in the sales department was very professional, responsive and a real pleasure to work with. Upon our arrival, we were checked in by Marie at the front desk. She was very efficient, kind and warm. I really did not expect to bond with a front desk agent, but i did with her. She made me feel very welcome! And the warm cookies were delicious! The hotel was clean and uncluttered. The rooms were really well appointed with good quality furniture, linens and bathroom amenities. The kids said this was the "best birthday ever". I left off 1 star, because though the main elevator was spotless, the one closest to our room and leading to the water park needed vacuuming. Also, the hallway outside our rooms smelled slightly like there was a backed up sewer/toilet. Notwithstanding we had a great time. Even enjoyed the late night room service offerings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear MN-Boston,

I am delighted to hear that your son enjoyed his birthday party with us and congratulated Erin and Marie on providing superb customer service. We look forward to having his 10th, 11th, etc. birthdays here.

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is a fantastic place to stay. All of the staff were so kind and helpful throughout my stay there. The food in the restaurant was excellent, and the service there was fantastic as well. The Starbucks in the lobby was a very nice touch, and provided a quick great cup of coffee on my way to out to catch my ride to meetings every day. The breakfast bar provided each morning was also quite tasty. The hotel is very clean, and my room was spotless every night when I returned from my business meetings. I recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, whether it be a business trip or vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Vickie C,

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I passed your kind words to our housekeeping and culinary team and they truly appreciate it. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Enjoy the Arizona weather!
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our wedding group had our networking meeting at the Brand New Doubletree Boston North. I had heard that the hotel was in transition but with what i saw , it looks to be well on their way to being an excellent property . the hotel was spotless , the meeting room looked fresh , the lobby and restaurant was all updated . looking forward to working with them more in the future !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback about our property. I will make sure that your thoughts and praise are given to the entire Team.

We’ll hope to see you sometime in the near future for meetings, pleasure or a bite to eat in our restaurant.

Kind Regards,
Justin Williams
Director of Operations
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is headed to its proper spot of #1 of 9 hotels in Danvers. There is still much to do as Sheraton had let this property decline. To those people who have stayed here during the transition I would tell them to try it again. The rooms are finished and well up to the Hilton standard. The Starbucks in the lobby is a great touch and the restaurant and bar were nice, food okay but it's Boston!, go out to eat!
The hotel is attached to the swim park called Coco Key so winter weekends like our stay will be crowded. My understanding is that Double Tree took over the entire complex. There was also a Holiday party going on Saturday evening.

My advice to the owners and management would have been to close the hotel , while running the water park, crank through the rehab so that guests and workers with 5 gallon buckets of....stuff, weren't riding the elevator together. I think the bad reviews are going to be tough to overcome. I am a guest here now and with 360 rooms there are maybe 50 cars in the lot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our team; it will be a highlight for me to share your comments. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests comfort and they appreciate your acknowledgement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in the future

Kind Regards

Justin Williams
Director of Operations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!