“Business trip to the Boston North Shore” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ultimate Water Park Pkg
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Tempe, Arizona
“Business trip to the Boston North Shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is a fantastic place to stay. All of the staff were so kind and helpful throughout my stay there. The food in the restaurant was excellent, and the service there was fantastic as well. The Starbucks in the lobby was a very nice touch, and provided a quick great cup of coffee on my way to out to catch my ride to meetings every day. The breakfast bar provided each morning was also quite tasty. The hotel is very clean, and my room was spotless every night when I returned from my business meetings. I recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, whether it be a business trip or vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Vickie C,

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I passed your kind words to our housekeeping and culinary team and they truly appreciate it. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Enjoy the Arizona weather!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our wedding group had our networking meeting at the Brand New Doubletree Boston North. I had heard that the hotel was in transition but with what i saw , it looks to be well on their way to being an excellent property . the hotel was spotless , the meeting room looked fresh , the lobby and restaurant was all updated . looking forward to working with them more in the future !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback about our property. I will make sure that your thoughts and praise are given to the entire Team.

We’ll hope to see you sometime in the near future for meetings, pleasure or a bite to eat in our restaurant.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is headed to its proper spot of #1 of 9 hotels in Danvers. There is still much to do as Sheraton had let this property decline. To those people who have stayed here during the transition I would tell them to try it again. The rooms are finished and well up to the Hilton standard. The Starbucks in the lobby is a great touch and the restaurant and bar were nice, food okay but it's Boston!, go out to eat!
The hotel is attached to the swim park called Coco Key so winter weekends like our stay will be crowded. My understanding is that Double Tree took over the entire complex. There was also a Holiday party going on Saturday evening.

My advice to the owners and management would have been to close the hotel , while running the water park, crank through the rehab so that guests and workers with 5 gallon buckets of....stuff, weren't riding the elevator together. I think the bad reviews are going to be tough to overcome. I am a guest here now and with 360 rooms there are maybe 50 cars in the lot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our team; it will be a highlight for me to share your comments. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests comfort and they appreciate your acknowledgement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in the future

Kind Regards

Lantana, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is in a precarious location from the freeways, but it is very central to Boston and the surrounding area. A great location for the work week. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation, but is still accommodating. This is due to the excellent staff I encountered while staying here. Tara at the front desk is very helpful and professional. The staff in the breakfast area, Amanda and Miguel are fantastic. I recommend this hotel for any business travelers.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after and I will enjoy sharing your comments with Tara, Amanda and Miguel. I will be sure to also mention to Tara, Amanda and Miguel that you found their service exceptional.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we always look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore.

Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently had my daughter's bridal shower at the Double Tree by Hilton in Danvers. It was an unusual shower and I needed a really fun place. We called it a "Wedding Shower Cocktail Party" for 80+ people (Jack and Jill). We had appetizers passed, a roast beef carving station, pastries, cheese and crackers and an open bar. The room was behind the Lobby Bar and a "Library" style setting with a beautiful fireplace and bookcases. The staff of Stephanie McCowan and Megan Hennessey were fantastic in helping me put this together. They offered their expertise in setting up the room, choosing the appertizers, etc. They cleaned off the bookcases and mantel allowing me to personalize with my own flower arrangements, even removing a pool table upon my request with no problems. They set up a speaker for an ipod and we danced all night. The bartender and wait staff were extremely friendly and efficient. I can't say enough about Stephanie and Megan. I don't know how I would have pulled this off without them. This would be my go-to place should the need arise. Thanks Ladies!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and sharing your experiences with us. We love being able to pamper our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our sales team. Megan and Stephanie take so much pride in their work and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with them. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property again and again

Director of Operations.
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here as part of a JSA trip/convention, and just like another DoubleTree property I stayed at under construction, this hotel has potential. The Sheraton has let this place slide back to the 1980's, but in the short time DoubleTree has taken over this property, it is already looking better. The conference rooms on the bottom floor were redone, and they were very nice. The ones on the second floor were showing their age, but I am sure they will be redone in the future. The rooms are also redone, and they really show the DoubleTree brand. Beds were comfortable and the rooms and most of the public areas were clean. The staff was also very nice. The Starbucks in the lobby was a great touch, lol. This hotel is also attached to Coco Key, but I didn't go there. The only things that I would improve are nit picky things like elevator modernization, minor updating to the conference rooms on the second floor, and some new vending machines (Every one I went to was broken). This place has great potential, and in a year or so this should be an awesome place to stay. Thank you DoubleTree.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Justin W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were thrilled to hear your 4 Star review of our hotel. I am glad to see your acknowledgements of our improvements to the property, the friendliness of our staff and your confidence in our growth. We are modernizing our elevators and have come up with a great fun and healthy way to communicate our improvements. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire team to continue our growth in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your feedback,

Hopewell Junction, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

After traveling for hours I was met by a hotel with no water and attitude by the staff when I asked where there was a bathroom that I could use. We were offered to shower at the water park but there were no towels, robes or anything to get to and from your room. So I couldn't even get ready for the wedding that I traveled so long to get ready for. The rooms were average but with no refrigerator so we had no place to put the snacks we brought and needed to be thrown out. But it was a good thing we got rid of it since we later found Ants all over the bathroom. Construction was going on and made parking quite hard every fire alarm had a bag over it so I'm really glad there was no fire because we would have never known. The elevators were all MONTHS past inspection, when I asked the manager about this she replied that they were inspected just last week. Well, that didn't make me feel better since that meant they still were 5 months past due on getting the inspection and a new certification certificate was never shown to me nor was it posted after I asked so I'm not really sure I believe her. The food was terrible and far to over priced. The starbucks in the lobby was out of everything (like tea, what starbucks doesn't have tea?) and I couldn't use my gift card. When I asked about a discount or a comp room due to the water issue I was again greeted with attitude by the staff most of family who was supposed to stay the whole weekend all left early. When we arrived there was a wall of coupons to local attractions (some to the Boston Aquarium) which we wanted to go to. The next day there was none out there so we asked if they had any more and we waiting 20 minutes for someone to get them. Then we were told after 40 min of waiting that they would get us comp passes and they would be waiting for us there. Then when we were more then half way there they called and told us never mind. Overall, shower before you get there as there may be no water and when you do get it it probably wont be warm. With the fire alarms, elevators, and maintenance men just randomly walking into rooms I did not feel safe. I have never had such horrible customer service from staff and problems weren't even attempted to be resolved....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your constructive feedback of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and thorough review. Furthermore I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I do regret that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. We are consistently looking for ways to improve upon our guests experiences and welcome any suggestions. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at your convenience if you would like to discuss this further detail. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Operations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!