“cold food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston
“cold food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Five couples had dinner here thinking we would try a new restaurant. We had all been fans of the previous place....DiNeros. What an enormous disappointment. Drinks took forever and most were wrong, appetizers were dry and missing published ingredients and then to top it off 4 of the scallop entrees were cold. A salmon dinner didn't arrive until everyone had eaten and instead of being rare was dry and bland. The excuse was that the kitchen is limited. When this restaurant was DiNero's they turned out voluminous amounts of food and it was wonderful.
The owners had better get their act together or they won't be in business for long.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hull, Massachusetts
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My daughter and I decided to try this place out as it is fairly new. The restaurant has been done over in a very woodsy décor. lots of birch and pictures of deer on the wall. The menu is very limited (like one dish for each kind of meat). I ordered the salmon. The fish was good but it came over a bed of orzo in a tomato sauce that tasted just like spaghetti-o's and was not edible. However my daughter had the "hippy dippy" salad (spinach, cranberries, goat cheese) and it was pretty good. Overheard our waitress telling people next to us about specials and she had not told us of any specials.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Well worth stopping for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Corner Stop is a new establishment, so therefore gave it a pass where timing was concerned. The staff were extremely friendly, well informed and apologetic when one of our orders was a bit slow coming to the table. I'm confident the kitchen staff and front of house staff with have the timing issues sorted out soon. The food was excellent! We tried two starters, both get high marks, the meat balls in sauce and the short rib empanadas (my personal favorite). The entree I had was delish! My friend enjoyed theirs as well, both seafood. The menu is short and to the point and I am hoping that sooner, rather than later, the Chef will add vegetarian options to the starter and entree menu, that would be a definite 'plus'. We tried a few desserts to share and the "STAR" of the show was the dessert I had chosen, a chocolate, goat cheese, cheese cake. Thats right, goat cheese. It was FABULOUS! We enjoyed the atmosphere of The Corner Stop, bright, spacious, comfortable and the decor is "New England" at its best...fireplace included. The location is easy to find, right on Rt. 228 at the corner where Cohasset, Hull & Hingham meet and there was plenty of parking. I would highly recommend The Corner Stop...it is well worth stopping for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scituate, MA
“Great Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was disappointed, but will give the Corner Stop another visit The menu is very limited. Four if us ate at a table in the bar. Very noisy. Cheeseburgers were good but at $12 it should have been much better. Fries were very good, but we didn't go there for French fries. Our friends both had the fish and found them dry. The restaurant is very nice inside. Our waitress while nice and attentive, seemed uninformed. I hope this restaurant does some major tweaking to the menu and recipes. Without it, we may be saying goodby to the Corner Stop.