“One of the best birthday dinners ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Chicopee
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“One of the best birthday dinners ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our vacation in the Berkshires was part of my birthday celebration. I was born and Germany and was very excited to experience a taste of the country. And it did not disappoint. The decor is dated with a bunch of fake flower, ask for a window seat or sit on the patio and it shouldn't bother you. Amazing Germany beers on tap, I loved everything I tried, my favorite was Hacker-Pschorr Weiss "Dunkel", a dark smooth wheat beer. We started with a delectable giant Bavarian pretzel with some amazing spread that had rye seed in it along with a honey mustard. And for our entree we both ordered the Bavarion platter with had all the house specialties including:Pfaelzer and Nuernberger wurstchen, Sauerbraten, Jaeger Schnitzel,
Potato Pancake, Red Cabbage, Sauerkraut, and Späetzle.(to interperate) A large Brat(amazing),2 smaller brats, veal with an outstanding mushroom sauce, the rest is a little self explanatory. This platter is alot of food,be ready. We will make the pilgrimage and time we in western MA to go to the Munich House, in Chipopee.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Always a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit the Munich Haus it is always a great meal! The service is always good, and the atmosphere and decor create an illusion of eating in a little restaurant somewhere in Germany, instead of Chicopee. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Agawam, MA
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love this place. Quality and consistency is this place. Food is always fresh, tasty. This is our go to place. Considering we have 3 good german restaurants within a 5 mile radius, this one surely competes! I must say most of the time we eat their seafood which is always outstanding. First, they serve you homemade chips and dip which is delicious. Soups are just ok, but get their salad which consists of field greens, veggies, three tablespoons of 3 different salads; first one is a bean salad (legume) that has a sweetness to it and is one of the most delicious things i have ever tasted; next is their cucumber salad and third is their version of a coleslaw.all great, none over powering with vinegar and fresh. their dressings are all homemade and superb. hands down they have the best spaetzle. their red cabbage is delicious and again, not too vinegary. I am sensitive to vinegar and nothing here is overpowering. I usually ger broiled scallops which are always fresh and delicious and large portion. Did I mention they make their own tartar sauce? it is very delicious. Cheryl a waitress there makes their cheesecake which is a lighter version made with lady fingers and such and is delicious. There german platters are great and their pretzel crusted fish or chicken is fabulous with a light sauce accompanying it. The atmosphere is great as on the weekends they have an accordianist playing and of course their biergarten which is hopping all the time. Not too much of an extensive wine list but all wines we have had are good. beer is fabulous and if you are looking for a buffet that most likely includes a beer, this is the place. They have really worked hard to bring this place to its current status and it keeps getting better and better. The only complaint i have is that one time we went here for a mothers day brunch and it was so tight elbow to elbow and you served yourself but a 18% gratuity was added for someone to get you some orange juice and that was just ridiculous. I am pleased with this place and their great quality of food and i look forward to the different types of festivities they have throughout the year. They really capitalize on the food and fun closely resembling the true german way.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southwick, Massachusetts
“Visit Bavaria without leaving the Pioneer Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just ate at the Munich Haus German Restaurant. Started off with the homemade potato chips and some kind of dipping sauce. Hubby and I each had a beer...I got the one featured on the menu. It was very tasty, I drank the whole thing (small) and I do not generally like beer, but this was very good. Our waitress was a delight! Loved how the waitstaff is dressed in German outfits. Hubby had the Holstein schnitzel and I had the raspberry chicken. We both brought half of our dinners home for lunch tomorrow. Then a gentleman began playing the accordion and that finished off a lovely dining experience. The restaurant has a small parking lot behind it but do not worry as there is plenty of free on street parking. They even offer alfresco dining but I wanted the full atmosphere and loved the German decor. Looking forward to my next dining experience there.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had a wonderful evening in the bier garten, we attended the lobsterfest and had a relaxing,enjoyable evening. Plenty of room, great food, good german music, nice atmosphere, fresh air all combined it was well worth experiencing. Hope to go again!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food