“Very good Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Chicopee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: located in the old blue sky diner location
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Very good Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This facility has had a number of restaurants, and has recently been remodeled as Frontera Grill. They did a nice job with redecorating and it is a very nice atmosphere. The service seemed extremely friendly and attentive, perhaps because they just opened. This was a family trip (10 people) and everyone seemed to enjoy it. This was a second trip for some of the family, who recommended it. The prices were reasonable and the portions were very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Great Fresh-Mex food at reasonable prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant has been nicely re-decorated to its new theme, Mexican. This was my first visit, and I fully intend to return. Plenty of great colors surround you as you look through their interesting new menu. When we were seated, a basket of chips and a small carafe of salsa with 2 dishes was brought to us while we made our selections. I thought this was a really nice touch, as each person could dip & enjoy, with no fear of the dreaded 'double dip'...

The lunch menu is quite reasonable, and my Champignon Burrito was very good. There was a generous portion of mushrooms and spinach inside, along with the black beans and rice, which made for a good combination of flavors. The sauce was spiced for a little heat, but just a bit salty for my taste - however I do not normally use salt, so your taste may vary. My dining partner had the Mango Quesadilla, which was also extremely tasty. The only detraction I found was that the restaurant has a VERY limited selection of salad dressings( ie - no low fat option), so I skipped the salad. In hindsight, I could've just used the salsa, which was very light and had a great flavor.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Interesting "Mexican" option in Chicopee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Prices reasonable and nice job on redecorating the interior. Our service was good. Provides a decent atmosphere but food is very ordinary. Tip: bring a sweater.

• Visited July 2012