“worst customer service ever” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian, Sandwiches
Enfield, Connecticut
“worst customer service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

this place has the worst customer service ever. don't even think of making any complaints because the servers and owners will literally scream at you and be on defense mode that you can't get a word in edgewise. i attended an event here and was served a soda in a cup with a dried up film on the inside. all they wanted to do was to comp the soda, saying that that was the only thing wrong. they did not seem to think that consuming this would affect the rest of my appetite. when i explained my whole dining experience was ruined, the server told me to "bring the rest home." when i asked to speak to the manager, she claimed she was. when i refused to back down, she rudely snatched the bill out of my hand and told me not to worry about it. minutes later, she came charging back retracting what she just said and saying she would only comp some of the dishes. i was with my two sisters and we ordered appetizers to share. after MORE arguing, she made us only pay for the alcoholic drinks, which we did so willingly. after being so mistreated, i decided to speak with one of the owners. big mistake. he was already so defensive that he came at me yelling accusing me of being rude to his server. he refused to listen to me and just continued yelling at me in the middle of the bar area. at one point, he stopped himself when he accused me of trying to get the meals comped when it was already done. when i tried to tell him that my intention was not to get comped but to complain about how i was treated as a customer, he didn't want to hear it and continued to yell at me. then the server chimed back in accusing me of eating all the food already (which was not the case). i can't even fathom how people like this even work in this field. they have no clue on serving techniques (the owner i spoke to worked in the kitchen. he has a long gray beard which was not shielded from the food). i'm just so sick to my stomach that they could even serve such disgusting dinnerware, then be mad at the customer, yell at them in public, and could not be professional enough to handle the situation with compassion and empathy.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
“Bad timing, not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The timing may have been bad: We were driving on I-90 & needed lunch. I had read reviews of this place and thought it was a good stop. However, it was Sunday and the brunch was just ending. My wheelchair-bound mother and I had a difficult time maneuvering the doors. After we ate, we had to take the elevator upstairs to use that restroom. The general atmosphere was a bit funky-kitsch or just plain Americana family dining. It's good for some and not appealing to others.
The inside was dark and the place was understandably empty, being the end of brunch.
The food seemed pretty average to mediocre although the presentation made it seem nicer.
The food, which was buffet style, was lukewarm to cold. That's end of brunch again, but also reflects the level of dining For $34 I was disappointed..
The restaurant is in the Days Inn located on Memorial Drive just north of I-90.
I don't think I would go again.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“One of our favorite places to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011 via mobile

We found this place when we were looking for a place to get sushi. Had some very good sushi at a great price.

Since then we go about once a week. They have a mango and shrimp curray that is soooo good.

The food is good. Nice choice on the menu and great prices. We love this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I love this place!! I wish more people knew about it because it has some of the best food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great pasta dishes and specials. Scallops wrapped in bacon are THE best you'll ever have! I wish I could get there more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Great pasta dishes and specials. Scallops wrapped in bacon are THE best you'll ever have! I wish I could get there more often than I do.