“Great place to stay esp if arriving late” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, Virginia
“Great place to stay esp if arriving late”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We arrived in Boston close to midnight. By the time we picked up our rental car, we were hungry and ready to drop! Thankfully it took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the Residence Inn from Logan Airport despite it being really dark and rainy. The night manager (wish I could remember his name) was wonderful in checking us in swiftly.

The room is just gorgeous, spacious and comfy. The bed was incredibly comfortable and lush. Coffee was great, I always love a place with a kitchenette. Would have been nice though to include a small carton of milk in the fridge.

One thing I noticed about our trip to Boston, neither of the Marriotts we stayed at provide body lotion and use soaps instead of liquids. When you travel with family or friends, it's odd to share 1 soap. Providing liquid shower gel seems more practical and with flight restrictions re liquids, it would be nice of Marriott to provide body lotion. Even small chain hotels provide body lotion so it comes as a surprise.

Having said that, we enjoyed our 1 night stay at Residence Inn for its convenience and lovely room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chelsea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

at the moment I entered the hotel I was exhausted and ready to drop. Candace was helpful and quick on getting my room and then discussed what was the plan for the rest of my trip. when telling her about getting lost and leaving very early to the airport she thought of having my rental car dropped off that night so I would not have to get up as early before getting to the airport. she also offered to have me follow the van to the airport/rental agency so I would not get lost again and take me back to the residence inn. I cannot convey thank her enough on her suggestions and help. I will definitely be looking at residence inn online for my next booking for a hotel.

Room Tip: did not realize that the room had a kitchenette attached, definite plus
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chelsea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a wonderful surprise this hotel is! It's new, there's a kitchen...with POPCORN...the Staff is very friendly....CANDACE is wonderful. I had an early morning flight and wouldn't be able to make it to breakfast, so she put together a breakfast kit for me and made sure I was prepared for my early flight. I was definitely surprised by her willingness to do that for me and my family. A++! I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

It has been many years since I have stayed at a Residence Inn, and boy was I in for a surprise. I traveled on a quick weekend trip to visit some friends who live in Chelsea, and they suggested that I stay here. Apparently, it just opened several weeks ago, and you can definitely tell. It still has that "new construction smell".

Walking into the lobby, I was absolutely shocked. The design of the hotel is very chic and reminscent of a boutique hotel of a much higher class. The lobby was gorgeous, the hallways were well-designed and expensive looking. I even loved the artwork: all black and white with just touches of red. I can find absolutely nothing wrong aesthetically with this hotel, and it compares quite well with rooms that I have stayed in that cost hundreds more a night.

The room lay-out was very practical. Again, well designed and beautifully presented, just as the common areas. We certainly did not have a view to speak of in our room, but it was no big deal. The bed was super comfortable, the drapes were gorgeous and the bathroom was very functional. For such a large shower, though, I would think it would have two heads or a rainshower feature. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, everything was great.

The location is also quite fantastic. Very close to the airport, yet still minutes from downtown (barring any crazy Boston traffic). There also is an Italian restaurant next door (the name escapes me now, but the food was out of this world fantastic). I have not eaten that much in ages. I also thought the complimentary breakfast in the morning was quite good. For a buffet, the items seemed fresh and tasted nice, even towards the end of the designated breakfast time. Staff was always present, replenishing items and assisting customers. This was definitely quality service.

If you are not dead-set on staying downtown, I highly recommend this hotel. Do not let the name fool you; this is a pretty luxurious stay for a bargain!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Whenever I travel I have a few priorities. Comfort, price, quality, proximity and whatever the best of all the options in the area. This hotel has it all. I found this hotel on tripadvisor and being a new hotel at a good price with alot of perks , I made my reservation on Marriots site. We werent sure we would stay at this hotel for the entire six nights or check out another area of Boston, we spent the whole week here. Great people , fine hotel, service , food, everything.

The people make this place even better than the great hotel that it is. From the front desk to the shuttle guy, everyone is wonderful. FRANK THE SHUTTLE GUY is awesome. What a great driver, helpful, friendly, accommadating. He is always watching out for the guests and he is a very careful driver. I cant say enough about him. He does more than just take you to the airport/train station.

The front desk is fast and efficient and helped me with directions,safe deposit box, changing a large bill. They informed me of all the perks in the hotel , including breakfast, evening reception, pool etc..

The breakfast buffet is a wonderful selection every day and someone is always keeping it full and fresh and keeping the dining room clean. They work well together to keep everything moving. Plenty of food and room to eat . They have a nice reception in the same area in the evening.

You can tell all the people in this new hotel really care for the guests and are willing to help in any way. You will not be disapointed at all.

Great room, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, livingroom and kitchen. Nothing but the best.

This hotel is a short shuttle ride to and from the airport/train station and the shuttle runs every half hour. We have gone back and forth to Boston every day and found the subway easy to use to get around.

Room Tip: We had a nice one bedroom suite, but I dont think you can go wrong at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
east greenwich, rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Needed a room for one night before flying out. What a pleasant surprise. Beautiful large clean modern room and a wonderful price! Best deal in Boston- shuttle service, free parking, breakfast in the morning. Wonderful accoutrements- everything a traveler needs. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. They even called the local nearby restaurant to say we were heading over...it was 8:50pm and the kitchen closed at 9. Next time travel takes me out of Logan, I will stay here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed in, All the staff were very friendly and I was told if I needed anything to let them know and they would help. The staff was very polite from the front desk, to the drivers and even the Housekeeping staff, I went to join my man friend (who was on the ship The USNS KANAWHA) that was in the Boston shipyard and was in the hotel, I joined him for a weeks vacation and had a great time while I was there and LOVED the stay in the hotel ! The drivers were great taking us to where we wanted to go and had a very friendly conversation on the way ! The food was also great. Thanks again for the great stay !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!