“Poor Choice on New Years” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 69 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor Choice on New Years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

New years is always crazy busy for every Chinese restaurant in town. I called ahead earlier in the day to arrange for a small order to be picked up at 6:30 pm. Showed up at 6:30 and was told 20 minutes - a full hour and 20 later my order was ready. Went over what was supposed to be included in the order with the clerk as she rang me up. Took it home and opened it to find it was missing 2 items from the pu pu platter and the chow mein I ordered was replaced with some other item from the menu.

I didn't think the food was all that great either and my girlfriend was under impressed. I don't know if I can chalk my experience up to it being really busy for them or if I got the food this place usually puts out. I'll be hesitant to order from here again despite all the positive reviews.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Food is good atmosphere is zero”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I always get the lobster sauce with shrimp. It is very good But when you sit down to eat it everything around you seems very dirty. Any time I have been in there there may be one or two people eating in all the rest is takeout. From my observation probably with good reason. I have since found other very good Chinese restaurants in the area

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston Massachusetts
“Fast, inexpensive, large portions, and reasonably tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This a place I'd do take-out rather than dining there. The atmosphere is pretty bare bones, and the set-up is really for folks to take food out. The food is pretty tasty and fresh. The crab rangoons are little odd for my taste. I've ordered with folks who can read the Chinese language menu behind the cashier - recommended if you're able. Either way, you'll stuff yourself with yummy food without breaking the bank.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New England
“Fresh Ingredients, Good Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The menu provides pretty much standard Chinese fare.
The name though says it all--"Fresh", as in the ingredients.

Mushrooms, onions, scallions and carrots all have a fresh taste and add great flavor.
Lo Meins, Pork fried rice (light on pork, but rich in flavor), sesame chicken (massive portion) are our standard choices. Crab Rangoon small portion is actually quite large and boneless spare ribs are rich in flavor and not too fatty. Fried wontons are also good--not greasy.

Although there are about a 10 tables,this restaurant is best suited for take out.
If you eat in (as I do on occasion), there may or may not be table service, you'll get styrofoam plates & plastic utensils and will bus your own table. Some food is served on plastic plates and some in take out containers. The decor is very old and dingy, but it is clean!
If you eat in, there is a large urn of hot tea (self service), and occasionally, including tonight, will be offered complimentary Hot & Sour soup.

Only downside, one woman who works the front is consistently nasty but that doesn't affect food quality, portion sizes and real good value.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Could Not even order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The online menu did not include numbers so the lady in the resturant was unable to understand what we wanted. We were looking to do take out so we just indicated it was not worth the effort and did not order.

• Visited August 2012