“Wonderful location, quick and easy on and off the interstate clean and neat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chelmsford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sidney maine
“Wonderful location, quick and easy on and off the interstate clean and neat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had occasion to stay here between Christmas and New Years and wish we could have stayed longer. Clean, neat, gracious and professional, I would stay at this Best Western again. Thank you for a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep!

Room Tip: I have no doubt all the rooms will be just as pleasant as the one we stayed in!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marge O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It was our pleasure to host your stay during the holiday season. We hope you get a chance to come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place was just perfect.After attending a funeral in Maine, we needed a place for a night.The staff was so helpful in getting us a comfortable room for my mother,brother,and me.They were even able to recommend a restaurant for us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Its the best hotel to stay in at Chelmsford since its near the main highway to Boston.

Pluses:

Free internet

Cozy breakfast area that serves basic breakfast

Comfortable seats at the reception area

Comfortable Queen size(not double) beds.

Large grounds and nice pool

Spacious and free parking area

Nice restaurant(Moonstones restaurant) just infront of the hotel

Near the highway

20 minutes drive to downtown Boston

Negatives

Our rooms airconditioning unit was noisy

Only one elevator for the guests

Computer at the reception area has no keyboard you still have to request for the keyboard from front desk in order to use it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were delighted to discover this fine hotel with great rooms, a fabulous outdoor pool and very modest prices. The room was clean, very well furnished and came with mini-fridge, microwave and free WI-fi for under $100 a night. There is an excellent free hot breakfast that makes the stay and even better bargain. We had a K-cup coffee maker for excellent in room coffee.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the pool. Street side is noisier
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marge O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the many wonderful amenities we offer to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Our staff works VERY hard to see to all your needs and we appreciate you recognizing them for their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Crossing from New Brunswick to Ontario (while avoiding the dreaded Quebec dun dun dun), my wife, 3 month-old and I stayed here. While I have heard some horror stories about customer service in Mass. I was delighted to find them to be untrue. Our hotel staff were outstanding and very efficient. The hotel is a bit dated and could use some upgrading in the shared areas and, in particular, the death-trap elevator. The rooms, however, were great and more than met the standard.
The hotel is located in Chelmsford where, while I didn't get to see any, if you ask the front desk they can direct you to a series of great activities close by. There is great access to and from the highway, free internet and a nice looking pool.
We were going to use our Best Western points to book the room and, after a quick word with the staff, decided on the military discount instead of burning the points on half a night.
I met up with an American Army buddy and his wife and we all had dinner at Moonstones, which was fantastic and I highly recommend it!
Overall we would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marge O, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I'm glad our staff was able to change your mind about the customer service in Massachusetts. We take pride in our hotel and the customer service we provide. I was also pleased to see you enjoyed your evening at Moonstones Restuarant - it is my favorite place.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I really did love this hotel, but might see it different then most other people do. I brought my family here for a stay-cation. We a rich by no means, but worked hard the summer to save enough to come here. When I saw all the awesome things this place had to offer (things of course we don't have at our home) it made me mad, that able bodied welfare get to live here for free enjoying all these amenities on the tax payers dime. The house keeping, swimming pool, beautiful rooms with flat screen tvs and all the other wonderful things someone could review about. I couldn't help but think that my family works over time, when they get it for free! I am just one small voice though... Like I said, I look at things different.

• Stayed August 2012
Marge O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn for your families "stay-cation". I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the swimming pool, beautiful rooms with flat screen tvs and all the other wonderful things we offer. We appreciate your business and hopefully you'll come back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the way home from Maine and found a nice hotel awaiting us. There was a thunderstorm that evening that knocked out the phones, but everyone was helpful in assisting us. The two biggest problems are the aging elevator and the bathroom fan that sounds like an airplane is taking off, but I consider these minor. Overall I thought it was a good place to stay snd would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn as a safe haven from that horrific lightening/thunder storm that knocked out our telephone system and swimming pool filtering system. Our staff went above the "call of duty" that night to ensure our guests needs and satisfaction. I can assure you we will address the bathroom fan "that sounds like an airplane is taking off" and make it sound like a "airplane that is flying smoothly and silently". Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn? Share your experiences!