“Food okay, service disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 69 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: American
East Haven
“Food okay, service disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stopped in while traveling about 1:30, missing the lunch rush. It's rather small and easy to miss, about 12 stools and perhaps 8 booths, a storefront set in a small strip of retail shops. I was put off by the vast quantity of artificial flowers stuck in the sofits directly over most of the booths, wondering how often they get cleaned or changed out. Lots of knick-knacks on the walls. I ordered breakfast as that was the only menu I was given, and the server didn't inform me there were lunch specials. I was seated so far back in the restaurant I couldn't see the specials blackboard which was in the front. I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee. The coffee was unremarkable, but the eggs and bacon were cooked exactly as I requested. Even though the restaurant was only 1/3 full, I had to wait quite a while for my order, due to the service. My server was much more interested in chatting with the other servers at the back of the restaurant. Another server happened to be in the kitchen, noticed my food and was kind enough to bring it out. The only other downside was having to park across the street, as the parking lots on the same side are reserved for the retail shopping. I'll look for another restaurant next time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Good food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Went for breakfast and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It was very clean and cozy and had a real comfortable atmosphere. Seemed like a lot of regulars and the staff knew their names. Food was prepared fresh and was served hot. Food was very slow coming out but the coffee was plentiful and company was delightful. There were nice lunch specials listed on the board that sounded great. I look forward to returning to Jesse's for lunch and will definitely go back for breakfast. I don't think you'll be disappointed stopping here for any meal. Only disadvantage is parking across the street and crossing the main road to get to Jesse's.

• Visited February 2012