“Beautiful place. Great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
CBI Winter Special
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Millbrook, New York
“Beautiful place. Great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay despite some unpleasant weather. Stayed in Wicked Hill Cottage which was very nice! Plan to return when temps warm up and we can take advantage of the amenities.
Walked the beautiful beach despite the winds and rain.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Happy I got this through Groupon as pricey otherwise. Only negative that it was off season and our room wasn't ready upon arrival. Waited an extra 30 minutes, seemed unnecessary. The room was nicely furnished, nice bath, bed oh, so comfortable. Property is gorgeous. Would love to go again in a little warmer weather,

Room Tip: Not sure what you can request via Groupon.Imagine there is a select group you get for this price. We...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your room was to your satisfaction, and that our resorts setting were enjoyable. I am sorry however to learn that there was a delay with your check in. At times, depending on certain circumstances such as an unforeseen late departure from a former guest, a maintenance issue etc. could pose a delay in preparing rooms for our guaranteed check in of 4pm, or thereafter. I was relieved to read the remainder of your comments, thank you again for siting the positive aspects of your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again at Chatham Bars Inn in the near future.

With best regards,
Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this place! It's a member of "Leading Hotels of the World" and it lives up to that group's name. Yes, it's a bit deserted in April, but I liked that very much. The staff is exceptional; they often went above and beyond. I stayed in the main building and loved the decor, the comfort and the history of it all (it's about 100 years old - but very well maintained). I will definitely be back - probably in the Fall to see the leaves and the whales run down South. I cannot recommend this place more highly. I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world and this place is among them. Now I am spoiled to stay anywhere else on the Cape - and yes, it is expensive at high season. But now I want to come back every year. Yes, only one restaurant was open in April, but it has excellent food and service. (And when you want to try other restaurants in town, the free ride to town and back is a wonderful idea so you can have wine.) My only complaint is true of other places as well - I am disturbed that they have to have a huge TV in the bar, which is also part of their only restaurant open in April. It's more than a nuisance - it's obnoxious and intrusive - something you have to work to avoid. Oh well, I guess perfection is just one big fat TV away at Chatham Bars Inn. Still - I'm going back again and again. I am really looking forward to experiencing it in warmer weather. But I'm so glad I discovered this exceptional hotel!

Room Tip: I loved being in the main building - but I have never tried the cottages. I didn't spring for th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I normally take the lead in planning family vacations, but in this case, my wife select a place for us to get away for a few days to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
We couldn't have found a better hotel and town for our 1st visit to Cape Cod.

Hotel:
Room was very large and a great view of the water (watch the clammers and seals each morning from our balcony).
The Staff was excellent.
Rates were reasonable as it was the off season.
Really enjoyed a nature walk on a nearby beach that was led by a local environmentalist. It was a great way to learn about the cape and it's history.

Restaurants:
Hotel Restaurants we're good (especially for breakfast) but had 2 great dinners in town at the Squires and Impetuous Oyster(?).

We also took a trip to Nantauket and really enjoyed the experience.

I'd highly recommend the Chatham Bars Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Looe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If we had come from end of May onwards I feel sure we would have given this five stars, but but we didn't. Staff trying very hard and we were kindly given rooms in the main hotel because it is quiet, when we had only paid for one of the outlying cottages. However, it is a bit like holidaying in a ghost town. The scenery and natural beauty of the place is superb, and it is apparently heaving during the summer months, so maybe we got the long stick after all! Would definitely come again, and one of local staff members recommended end of September when weather still great and most tourists gone. All preparations for the summer are well underway in the hotel, and it would certainly be amazing to BBQ on the beach and play tennis and swim in their pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and try to get in the main hotel where the restaurants are. Corner suite very bri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed at the CBI about 5 times. I have stayed in both the main inn and in a cottage. The CBI is always one of my favorite places to stay on Cape Cod.

The rooms are always spotless and not one thing is out of place. I enjoy the Nespresso machines in each room as opposed to crappy hotel room coffee. The Bose wave radio's are also a nice touch and great when you return to your room in the evening and the turndown service has tranquil music playing.

The outdoor bar across the street on the water is a great spot in nice weather to have a drink. I like the bar in the main inn but I wish it had an ocean view. Great seafood and chowder. Even if we don't stay at the CBI we will always go for their breakfast at Stars. Great spread, lots of options, its worth the money with a great view.

The valet service is great, very friendly and professional. They also have a complementary car service which have used to avoid drinking and driving in beautiful Land Rovers.

I would recommend a visit here in both off season and high season.

Room Tip: I personally like the main inn, though my wife would suggest a cottage.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We enjoyed everything this resort had to offer, even in the off season. Staff attentive and efficient. We arrived at noon and were called by two to indicate our room in one of the cottages was ready. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and overlooked the golf course and had an ocean view as well. Turn down service with chocolates, slippers and robes was a nice touch. We were able to be accommodated in the Spa late in the day and had an exceptional experience. Staff were informative and helped my daughter and I choose from their extensive menu of Spa services. We ventured out to a familiar restaurant for dinner but knew we would cap off our evening at CBI for dessert - where staff recommended beautifully presented sweets with coffee. Our stay was too brief - just an overnight. I look forward to an extended get away next time and am confident it will be unmatched again.

Room Tip: We stayed in either the Seaview or Seabreeze cottage. Being on the second floor was great as it over...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!