“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We enjoyed everything this resort had to offer, even in the off season. Staff attentive and efficient. We arrived at noon and were called by two to indicate our room in one of the cottages was ready. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and overlooked the golf course and had an ocean view as well. Turn down service with chocolates, slippers and robes was a nice touch. We were able to be accommodated in the Spa late in the day and had an exceptional experience. Staff were informative and helped my daughter and I choose from their extensive menu of Spa services. We ventured out to a familiar restaurant for dinner but knew we would cap off our evening at CBI for dessert - where staff recommended beautifully presented sweets with coffee. Our stay was too brief - just an overnight. I look forward to an extended get away next time and am confident it will be unmatched again.

Room Tip: We stayed in either the Seaview or Seabreeze cottage. Being on the second floor was great as it over...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely room in the seabreeze cottage. Very comfortable and cosy bed. Dinner was delicious and our waiter was very knowledgeable about wine. Didn't try the spa...it was seemed a bit pricey. The Inn Was an easy walk to the main part of town with litte shops.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The service at this hotel is hard to beat. They cannot do enough for you including rides to and from a restaurant if you want to have cocktails. Every employee I came across was very pleasant and eager to please.

• Stayed April 2013
Hemel Hempstead, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just what you, would imagine a beach-front property would be like in Cape cod.

The location is brilliant - right on the beach (and the beach is both large and the sand is great). The hotel has wonderful charm; is in a fantastic location - next to the golf course, 5 minutes walk to the main street.

The staff are incredibly friendly, attentive and kind. I stayed there with my wife and young family. My kids are true kids - they like running around, and even though the hotel is expensive and exclusive there was not the snooty-ness I have experienced in other locations.

Although we were there outside of season, the place was quiet and many local restaurants were closed. It didn't stop us from having a lovely time though.

We stayed in one of the cottages near the children's playground and next to the golf course - it was on the ground floor, but I think there was a generator of some sort below us which churned at odd hours of the day and made a little too much noise for my liking. Other than that, the room was beautifully appointed, 2 large, comfortable beds, a Nespresso machine; a very large bathroom (with a big, deep bath) and a huge TV with lots of channels and pay-tv movies. There was also a small fridge and L'Occitane toiletries.

The hotel has a couple of restaurants and a bar that were open. The pool is still closed and we didn't use the spa. I would imagine that in mid-summer this place is fantastic.

Prices on site for drinks / food are what you would expect for such a place.

We stayed for a couple of days and had a great time. I would go back in a minute.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Now, I have to admit that I was there with my fiancé during the off season, and much of Chatham is, for lack of a better term, closed. I won't take that into my review though.
I'll also stick with my usual rating style.
Pros:
Great location- right on the water, good access to the town centre.
Great staff- staff were very accommodating, but not the best I've dealt with.
Fantastic rooms- our room was in the beach house, which while it was detached from the main building, still was well kept, and I felt just fine asking room service to deliver out to us.

Cons:
Service falls down a bit- we checked in after a long drive, and arrived at around 2. We were told that our room wouldn't be ready until 4 (which seems a bit late to me), and that they would call us when it was ready. We didn't get a call until 4, which was unexpected, as the hotel was pretty much dead...
Also, when we asked about The Impudent Oyster in town, they assured us that it was open, whereas it wasn't. I also expected them to call ahead for us to set up a reservation.
Price- for what you get, I do find the price a bit steep. Yes, Chatham is expensive in general, but I think it was just a bit much.

That said, I would still recommend it to friends (friends with money though).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beach House, which in the off season was perfect because it was quiet, and felt a b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our recent stay at CBI was amazing! My husband and I brought my two year old daughter there for the night this past weekend. We immediately regretted the fact we only booked for one night. Everyone we encountered was polite, helpful, and professional. Our cottage was the perfect set up for a family. Our daughter LOVED the huge bath tub, which was the perfect thing after our visit to the beach (right across the street). I would highly recommend CBI to anyone one of my friends or relatives. Perfect for all ages!

Lynnfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Chatham Bars Inn exemplifies an Outstanding resort hotel. The staff are friendly and happy in a sincere way. The spa was amazing, the hot stone and deep tissue massage was pure bliss. We stayed in a spa suite and I did not want to leave- it's beautifully appointed, comfy bed and pillow, steam shower, sauna, jacuzzi tub, fireplace--heavenly. If you want to get away and truly relax, this is the place to go. The restaurant, Stars was also wonderful for dinner and a great buffet breakfast. We were celebrating my husbands birthday and before we left we reserved a weekend to celebrate my birthday! We did not want to leave.
Joanne Fortunato

Room Tip: The spa rooms are heavenly, large, spacious, beautiful. Gas fireplace, 2 person sauna, jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!