“Wonderful Stay in Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

The Bradford Inn of Chatham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Cross Street, Chatham, MA 02633   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay in Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived at the Bradford Inn early for our eight night stay and we were pleased that our room was available for us to unpack and have time to have a stroll around this lovely town. The room was in the Chatsfield House on the first floor, it was lovely and quiet and we were not disturbed by other guests. It was a large room with two comfy chairs, super king sized bed and a large bathroom. We had a balcony with views out towards Oyster Bay. The room was spotlessly clean and it was serviced daily with clean towels and clean bedding every other day. The breakfast was continental, although on two of the days there was a choice of hot food such as scrambled egggs, bacon, sausages and pancakes although we found the continental breakfast adequate for our needs. We found the staff extremely helpful and friendly and we would certainly stay there again if we holiday again in Chatham. The only thing that we would have preferred would be to have tea and coffee making facilities in our room rather than the complimentary tea and coffee provided in the reception area, this would have been helpful on a morning and bedtime when we like to have a hot drink. However, this wouldn't deter us in any way from staying here again.

Room Tip: I think we paid full price for a larger room which some people may find expensive however, we found...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Milngavie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have just returned to Scotland with my wife after two weeks in New England,three days of which were spent in Chatham.This was our fifth visit to the area and our second to Chatham.The location of the Bradford Inn is perfect,500 yards from main street and the rooms are large,clean,and extremely comfortable.The staff are a delight and those at reception could not be kinder or more helpfull.Thank you Kristen and to your colleague whose name i did not catch.You made our stay most enjoyable and i would heartily reccommend the Bradford Inn to anyone.
We shall return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have any disability bear in mind many of the rooms are upstairs with no lift.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wilbraham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Bradford Inn of Chatham on a number of occasions and we keep returning to the Inn whenever we're at the Cape. The staff are always welcoming and accommodating. The rooms are clean. Some rooms are nicer than others. We were there a couple of weekends ago and we had a lovely room with a gas fireplace and sitting room which was great because of the rainy and cold weather that weekend. The TV's are small and I would like to see them replaced with larger TV's in the rooms. They offer a continental breakfast which is adequate. It's a short walk to Main Street to all the shops and restaurants. Considering the price we've paid at other places that were less than mediocre, I would definitely recommend The Bradford Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool are sunny and bright especially the larger rooms that have a sitting room with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

North Conway, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just returned from a four day stay on the Cape at the Bradford Inn. It is off season still and the Inn and the town were fairly quiet. The Inn is a compound of sorts with about 8 building on the property. While this does promote some more privacy than a normal Inn might have, it also reduces some of the charm of staying at a small new England Inn. This is more like a small hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms and grounds were well kept. The room we booked had a king size bed , which was nice, but only one chair, which was a bit odd. One of us could sit in a chair , the other had to sit on the bed. When asked about this we were told we could have a room with 2 chairs but it would cost more. So the basic rooms have only one chair. The workout room had 1 treadmill, one elliptical, and one bike and some dumbbells and doesn't open up until 8am, so if your planning on some early morning workouts, your out of luck and with so few machines you'll probably be waiting in line. The outdoor pool was nice looking, we didn't use it this time but water seemed warm and clean. It has free wi fi which worked well during the stay. Breakfast as mentioned by others was quite ordinary, if not disappointing. A few choices of cold cereal, same each day, some fruit, English muffins or toast ,yogurt, coffee cake, orange and cranberry juice, coffee or tea. Very plain spread compared to other Inns we have stayed at, but bearable. I would suggest adding a few bucks to the rooms, if necessary, and add some bagels, muffins, hot cereal etc. It would make a better impression.
The Inn is right in town so it is easy to walk to anywhere to shop or eat, the location is great. The rooms were very clean and well kept and other than the small matters mentioned above, overall a nice place to stay in Chatham.

Jamestown, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Recently visited Chatham as a getaway gift to my sister for her 60th Birthday. We had fun exploring the north shore along route 6A. We continued all the way out to Provincetown for several hours before overnighting in Chatham. You might wonder about the title of this review. There was a public art display in the town center called "Sharks in the Park". They had over 30 had painted 6 foot wooden sharks on display. Each was uniquely decorated. It was fun to view the various different creative interpretations. We stayed at the Bradford Inn which was a very good choice. Everything you would expect of a charming Nw England Inn. Easy walking into town. Overnight rooms were in several detached buildings which added privacy. Our room was well appointed and well kept up. No hot breakfast, but a generous continental started our day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel a lot for work and have stayed in over 50 hotels/Inns this past year. When I was planning my vacation to Cape Cod, I did a lot of research on different properties in search of something "nicer than the usual" from my work travels.

I will say that when I arrived, I was immediately disappointed with the room I was given. It was nothing more than adequate. I don't know what rooms some of the other folks who gave good reviews stayed in but mine was one with a balcony facing the pool. I was told by the staff that this room, "was one of their finest". For the price, I expected more. It reminded me of a dated Holiday Inn. There is absolutely nothing charming, fancy or luxurious about the room. The bed was stiff, the linens were mediocre, pillows thin, bathroom and furniture dated and the TV was out of date as well.

The Inn itself is very charming. The grounds and the exterior of the buildings are beautiful.

I found the continental breakfast to be sub-par. The same bananas which were turning black were put out for the full duration of my stay. The breakfast items were the same each day and nothing more than cereal, yogurt and danishes.

The staff were all super friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed that when I inquired about an upgrade, I was told it would be an additional cost per night. The Inn was not at all busy and there were only a few other guests there so again, for the money I was spending, I was hoping they could accommodate me a bit better.

Overall, this is a fine place to stay for a night and if you don't mind paying $200/night for an average room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Blackstone, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have visited the Bradford Inn two years in a row. We have had great experiences both times. The Inn is made up of nine small buildings each with a handful of rooms. The set up promotes a quieter stay. While we have stayed only stayed off season, we found the inn to be a very quiet, romantic getaway. We have stayed in both a standard king room and a king suite with a fireplace. Both rooms were well maintained and clean. The service is also excellent with our room always ready for us upon our return.
The inn provides a continental breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is quite standard with cereal, pastry, and some fresh fruit. The location is perfect, right downtown and an easy walk to Main Street shops and restaurants. We enjoyed going for a longer walk down to the beach, too.
The staff should also be complemented, they are very helpful with providing maps and recommendations. The only thing we feel could be improved would be the picture quality on the tv. It was fuzzy and not that clear.
Overall, we have had two great experiences at this inn and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bradford Inn of Chatham? Share your experiences!