“Nice Place for a Short Stay” 3 of 5 stars

The Bradford Inn of Chatham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Cross Street, Chatham, MA 02633   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Tempe, Arizona
“Nice Place for a Short Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel a lot for work and have stayed in over 50 hotels/Inns this past year. When I was planning my vacation to Cape Cod, I did a lot of research on different properties in search of something "nicer than the usual" from my work travels.

I will say that when I arrived, I was immediately disappointed with the room I was given. It was nothing more than adequate. I don't know what rooms some of the other folks who gave good reviews stayed in but mine was one with a balcony facing the pool. I was told by the staff that this room, "was one of their finest". For the price, I expected more. It reminded me of a dated Holiday Inn. There is absolutely nothing charming, fancy or luxurious about the room. The bed was stiff, the linens were mediocre, pillows thin, bathroom and furniture dated and the TV was out of date as well.

The Inn itself is very charming. The grounds and the exterior of the buildings are beautiful.

I found the continental breakfast to be sub-par. The same bananas which were turning black were put out for the full duration of my stay. The breakfast items were the same each day and nothing more than cereal, yogurt and danishes.

The staff were all super friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed that when I inquired about an upgrade, I was told it would be an additional cost per night. The Inn was not at all busy and there were only a few other guests there so again, for the money I was spending, I was hoping they could accommodate me a bit better.

Overall, this is a fine place to stay for a night and if you don't mind paying $200/night for an average room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Blackstone, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have visited the Bradford Inn two years in a row. We have had great experiences both times. The Inn is made up of nine small buildings each with a handful of rooms. The set up promotes a quieter stay. While we have stayed only stayed off season, we found the inn to be a very quiet, romantic getaway. We have stayed in both a standard king room and a king suite with a fireplace. Both rooms were well maintained and clean. The service is also excellent with our room always ready for us upon our return.
The inn provides a continental breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is quite standard with cereal, pastry, and some fresh fruit. The location is perfect, right downtown and an easy walk to Main Street shops and restaurants. We enjoyed going for a longer walk down to the beach, too.
The staff should also be complemented, they are very helpful with providing maps and recommendations. The only thing we feel could be improved would be the picture quality on the tv. It was fuzzy and not that clear.
Overall, we have had two great experiences at this inn and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oradell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I decided to take my elderly Mother on last minute "girl's getaway" to The Bradford Inn & we were not disappointed! Because we went during the week, we were offered a beautiful room in one of their buiildings (closest to the pool & with a deck) for a great price & including an abundant, delicious continental breakfast! When I had called to make the original reservation, I had explained to the reservationist my Mother could not walk very far & we needed something on the first floor. All of my special needs were granted with a kind voice and an understanding tone! The room was perfect! It was large and very comfortable! The only "complaint" I have is the bathroom could use some updating. Although very large, the fixtures and shower were dated. If I had to pay full price in high season, I would be very disappointed! The room was very clean & the beds were very comfortable. The location in town is superb!!!! I will be back & would highly recommend The Bradford Inn of Chatham!!!!!

Room Tip: Go off season or during the week-prices tend to be lower!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My daughter and I spent a long weekend at the Bradford Inn and we hope to make it an annual trip! Chatham is the perfect location for visiting all areas of the Cape and the inn's location in downtown Chatham makes it so easy to walk to the shops, beaches, and restaraunts. Kristin was very helpful in helping us to choose the perfect room as well as giving directions and suggestions of what to do. Our bedroom and bathroom were good sized and very clean. The breakfast room was large, bright, and inviting, and the food was plentiful. We can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Call and talk to Kristin at the front desk for advice on pickiing the perfect room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Old Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Bradford this past weekend and loved it, very comfortable, clean and well-kept. we have been there before and will definitely be back. Wifi worked great. The TV was poor however and should be upgraded to HD. Continental breakfast is a bit bare bones too. Other than that it is highly recomended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Highly recommend. Staff is welcoming & gracious. Rooms are clean & very comfortable. Nice & quiet. A walk to town and the area. it was a very relaxing time. a great get away. You won't be disappointed. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sterling, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The employees of the Bradford Inn are exemplary! The rooms are extremely clean, and there is always plenty of breakfood food for all. Did I mention that the Inn is a good location to walk around Chatham...well, it is!!! My husband and I have stayed at the Inn for the past three First Nights. Guest gathering on New Year's Eve is always great, especially to meet the staff and other guests. I'm sure we will do again this year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Bradford Inn of Chatham? Share your experiences!