“Lovely dinner spot, very "un-Chatham"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Celestino's Cafe & Bakery in Chatham, MA is Cape Cod's newest French Bistro serving fine European cuisine for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. Opened by Theresa Jordan, Juan Paredes, & Dylan Jordan in May of 2009, Celestino's offers a French menu using only the freshest and finest ingredients prepared by chefs de cuisine Juan & Dylan. We also offer a wonderful selection of award winning wines, beers, and liqueurs. Diners can also enjoy fabulous house made cheesecakes, delicious cupcakes, and fine pastries & desserts.
Beijing
“Lovely dinner spot, very "un-Chatham"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

In trying to describe Celestino's Cafe my sister and I (who both grew up here) came up with the term "un-Chatham", by which we mean it is the opposite of the larger but more informal dining establishments such as the Squire or the Wild Goose at the Wayside. Actually, walking down Main Street you might even miss Celestino's altogether as it is housed in a small storefront with a door that opens at an irregular angle in on itself (it is housed in half of what used to be the old village market). The interior decor is understated, with subtle lighting (including a quirky string of white Christmas lights around the street-facing window), white table cloths and a romantic atmosphere. The dinner menu offers mostly seafood, and we would recommend sticking with the local catch. We ordered two entres: bass and salmon. The bass was excellent and the salmon fair. Our waitress was friendly and the service good overall, although slow at times. For dessert we had the molten chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream: they had managed to get the outside crunchy with the inside still flowing. While not the best in the world, it was still very good. On the food side the restaurant deserves a solid 4, but as it is a unique bistro-type place in Chatham we would give the experience a 4.5 (since TA only has 4 or 5 as choices we rounded up to 5).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oradell, New Jersey
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Ate here for lunch. Food was good. Coffee bar is here as well. Waitress was attentitive and friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I enjoyed 2 wonderful dinners at Celestino's in Chatham, MA. A few of us had their risotto and loved it so much, we went back a second night. My salmon was excellent and my Italian mother's pasta bolognese was so delicious, she went back to the kitchen to tell the chef how good it was. The service was very friendly and helpful as well. When we go back to Chatham, we will definitely have a few meals at Celestino's Cafe.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Fairly New and Trying Hard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was served about 5 oz of wine, my first glass (very skimpy) and about 6-7 oz (my 2nd glass). Bread was not warm, not crusty and had no taste. Hors d'oeuvres are VERY EXPENSIVE - $12 - $24. House salad $8, very small and not great. Dinner specials were reasonable and excellent. Dessert excellent, although the blood orange gelatto was really sorbet. The waitress assured me it was gelatto. Dessert was served exactly as described with fresh raspberries and I appreciated that. Hostess and waitress were both friendly, very courteous and trying hard but there was not enough help for a Sat. night in July. My husband had to get up and get me a fork and knife and he never got the coffee he ordered. Will try one more time but not a 3rd time if they don't add more reasonably priced hors d'oeuvres and get some good bread. How hard can that be!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The crab cake was very greasy/fried tasting. Couldn't get past the fried taste to enjoy the crab. I also had the Mixed Grill, with lobster tail, shrimp, scallop, lamb and steak. All we unseasoned, bland; even had to ask for drawn butter for my otherwise tasteless seafood. Our waitress was very sweet but very amateur; distracted from the meal at every visit to the table. Not terrible, but not what I expected from this higher rated restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food