“What an hidden gem in Chatham!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
2nd Night Free
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Toronto, Canada
“What an hidden gem in Chatham!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have driven by the Seafarer for years and never really took notice of how charming and lovely it is! I finally stayed there in October for four nights and I loved it and was also surprised to see the gorgeous grounds and pool that you cannot see from the street. I will have to return in the summer so I can enjoy relax by the pool in warm weather. I had a great room -- very modern urban chic furniture and vibe - not at all what I expected in a Cape Cod motel -- loved it! I actually head how great the Seafarer was from two people from NYC I happened to meet near my home in Toronto and they were raving about it and stay there every year so I thought I would give it a try when an unexpected opportunity came up to be in Chatham in October. The rates are also very reasonable, Annie is a lovely innkeeper and I am looking forward to a return stay next summer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were well impressed with the size of the room and the comfort. We had an 'efficiency' room - think that's US speak for self-catering, which had 2 queen sized beds and lots of space. A small kitchenette had a 2 ring hob, microwave, large fridge and a toaster so we could have breakfast easily and cheaply. The garden and pool area were really lovely and as this is in a quiet residential area, there was very little noise at this time of year (October). This is out of town though, so a car is absolutely essential - but it is impossible to really do Cape Cod justice without one. My only slight concern was the musty smell - but I think either the swimming pool or the damp humidity of the days had something to do with that - but it did feel a bit damp. I think there might have been a flood in that in that room at one time as the paint was peeling on the bottom of the bathroom door. But really that was a minor thing - it was spotlessly clean, the shower (though took a while to get hot) was lovely and powerful and I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others who might look for something similar. Chatham is charming and a good central location for exploring the Cape. Mind you, it's heavily booked already next summer I believe - and I can understand why. Thanks for a lovely 5 nights (despite the mixed weather).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Chatham Seafarer, just a couple of miles out of town, is the wonderful place I've been staying at over the last five or more years. It's a gem! The owner is a lovely woman- originally from France- who has made numerous upgrades and improvements to the property during that time...yet still offers a very reasonable room rate, especially based on the fact it is in highly desirable Chatham- the prettiest village on the Cape. Was there again last night- wonderful comfort, service and friendliness. Annie- the owner- is always there and truly treats each customer as someone very special. It's only minutes to the beautiful village of Chatham...and a mile or less to one of the best family beaches on Cape Cod...Ridgevale Beach. I took my family there for years. The Chatham Seafarer also offers a heated pool- which is wonderful not only in the summer but in the early fall. Wonderful...plus affordable accommodations minutes to the water and to the prettiest town on the Cape. Run by an owner who REALLY cares about the people who stay there. Lots of repeat customers like me. Enjoy! (oh, and don't forget to order up a batch of steamers at the Chatham Squire- incredible! :) Jeff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Greenvale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We rented 4 rooms in August 2012. All were clean and nice. Very light and airy. Wood floors. Refrigerator. AC. Upon pulling up we hesitated because the place could use some landscaping, but we were delightfully surprised when shown each room. I would recommend the place. Owner was a very nice lady, very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Groton,MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Having a sister with chemical sensitivities, I thought this might be a place where folks who don't want to have carpet etc could stay. I like the fact that they have tile and hardwood. It makes it feel much cleaner and I didn't feel it was in any way moldy, as some of the beach motels can be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Knowing very well that Chatham can be rather expensive in the high season we took a chance booking the Chatham Seafarer. Reading the reviews we knew not to expect a 4-star property so if you are in the market for a high end hotel this is not your place. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and it was more than spacious. The bathroom was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the AC did the trick. The pool was also worth utilizing as it was fairly clean and had a ton of sun. The location was pretty good as it was roughly 3 miles to the center of town, 0.8 miles to the Ridgevale Beach, and minutes from some of the best restaurants on the Cape. If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay while visiting Cape Cod the Chatham Seafarer did the trick.

The innkeeper was also very nice and helpful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

When we arrived, we were interrogated as to why we were with more than two people, as our reservation was for two; I was insulted as the owner made it very clear in front of my Chatham resident cousin that only 'Guests' could use the facilities - our room had no screens on the windows, the bugs were abundant in the room; the refridgerator groaned all night; the outside lighting was not on when we returned to our room at 10:30 at night making it difficult to get to the room safely; which, when we got there, we found had not been cleaned, no bed made, no fresh towels, etc. "We shouldn't have left our do not disturb sign out" we were told - we did not, well then they just forgot. Nice for $200/night. Property needs upgrading.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chatham Seafarer? Share your experiences!