“Meal of a lifetime!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vers Restaurant and Patisserie

Vers Restaurant and Patisserie
637 Main Street, Chatham, MA 02633 (Formerly Vers Restaurant, Chatham, MA 02633)
+1 508-945-4300
Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, PA
“Meal of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We made reservations for dinner based on other reviews we read and WOW ... were we impressed!! My husband and I both selected the 4 course tasting menu and walked away thinking we just had the best meal of our life!! The staff was very friendly and we even had a chance to meet the chef. We saw another table get the special dessert where the pastry chef came out to tell a story with food. He layered the table with incredible goodies and we enjoyed being able to see and hear it. That will be on our list to get next time!! We sat at the bar and it worked out great. The place is super small so tables fill fast. We will definitely be back to visit and we wished we lived closer so we could go sooner!

Roseland, New Jersey
“Great place for espresso/snack/light lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Terrific French macaroons and espresso. Upstairs or down, on two levels in the Orpheum Theatre. Nice light lunch variable menu with daily specials.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful, Memorable, and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was prepared to dislike this place. I'd read the reviews and I don't like pretentious, precious food. I got the impression from reviews I'd read here that Vers was awfully full of itself. Upon entering the restaurant, I was immediately put off by the small, industrial chairs (read: uncomfortable), at the small tables. Let me just say that I'm eating crow (pun intended). The food was absolutely incredible! The chef combines flavors that you don't expect and each mouthful is a revelation. The small, highly curated wine list is terrific -- you can't go wrong with anything on it. Be sure to get the special dessert at the end of your meal. It's truly a one-of-a-kind experience that I will never, ever forget. The presentation alone is worth the price of admission.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional......best meal in Chatham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Truly exceptional. We had the 4 course tasting menu for $65 per person. Every course exceeded our expectation. This is michelin quality food. Quite large portions for a tasting menu. The dining room was quaint, small, understated while still being sophisticated. A great modest wine list I would say as a sommelier myself.

We also ate at Chatham Bars Inn, Impundent Oyster, & Pisces, I would recommend this first prior to all others mentioned. The chef truly takes great attention to detail. The service was first class. They make it extra special for you with surprises when it's an occasion. Ample parking (which can be tricky at times off Main St) Some said tables were too close together but we found it to be typical bistro seating. We dined on July 4th, I made reservations 12 weeks in advance.

Go, you will love it!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Could be the Best Restaurant on the Cape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We have dined at Vers on several occasions and I just can not say enough about this restaurant in downtown Chatham! All of the ingredients are freshly made in the restaurant right down to the sauces and blackened spices, pastries, taco shells - you name it. Lunch and dinner entrees are fantastic, unique, delicious. Even the coffee is incredible. Service outstanding and the staff is very friendly. You can eat in the front by the the Orpheum theater entrance or down in the back off of the parking lot. I think this may very well be one of the finest restaurants on the Cape and I have dined in many restaurants from Sandwich to Provincetown. Vers deserves five stars and more!

Visited June 2014