“Great food & service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the fried bay scallops and they were very sweet and good, probably the best I have ever had. My wife had a steak and was very happy with it. The service was great.

Visited November 2012

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Classic Cape Cod”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed in Chatham and returned to an old favorite....The Squire! Was not disappointed. A wonderful meal and fun band made for the perfect Friday evening out.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, but limited selection for gluten free”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Perhaps it's not fair to jump on the Chatham Squire for the fact they don't have a good selection of gluten-free dining options, because I found that most places on the Cape during my last visit also didn't. However, I happened to eat at the Chatham Squire one day at lunch time, so I will make my comments. The only choice I could have in fish was the scrod, but I had to have it with double veggies as the rice pilaf they made had flour in it. The scrod was fresh, but the lack of the rice pilaf left the plate a little bland. I also love clam chowder, but couldn't have it either, as they thicken it with flour, which most places seem to do on the Cape. (Flour is a really cheap thickener.) That being said, I've had some great (gluten-free) clam chowder in Nova Scotia, where they simply used cream instead. So please... if someone at the Squire is reading this... please create some good gluten-free menu items. There are more of us out there than you realize, and we love good food.
The waitress was great, very attentive, and very pleasant. Even though the place was packed I was served very quickly. Thank you.

Visited October 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Amazing seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having finished shopping along Main Street, we stopped at the Chatham Squire for a couple of drinks. The bar is busy but superbly kitted out with number plates from all around the world, and the atmosphere was terrific. The bar staff were very attentive too. We had heard that the seafood here was excellent, so we came back in the evening to eat. It was a Friday night and so were advised it could be quite a wait, but in the end no more than 10-15 minutes. The meals did not disappoint one bit, probably the best shrimp I've tasted! The waitress who served us was excellent too, so hats off to the Chatham Squire!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Terrible service, no drink menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was SO disappointed with this restaurant on my last visit to Cape Cod, as when I used to travel more frequently to the Cape in the early 2000;s, the restaurant was much better then.

I am not saying that the seafood is still not great, but what happened to the service? My God, we waited and waited and waited at table near to the Bar area, and were ignored. I eventually went up to the Bar rather frustrated, and asked for a bar menu, to which the rude Server said "we don't have any" so after asking if he could make two martinis (and he made up his face at that request!!) I just settled for white wine.

We ordered and were served our food when same rude Server came up later on to take our order.

Overall, the only way I would ever go back to this restaurant is if the management change, and my friends on the Cape report to me that it is better......the seafood of course, is famous for being some of the best prepared on the Cape - which is the ONLY reason they are still getting a full tavern of people - OR people just do not mind putting up with SLOW and very rude Server's for the sake of the seafood.

Not going again for a long, long time.

• Visited May 2012