“Good Food, But Noisy Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Food, But Noisy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Plan on having a wait if you are eating in the dining room. I ended up in the tavern area because you can find a table or sit at the bar. The food was good and thankfully the waitress got my order correct. The place was so noisy I was surprised she could even hear me. A good place to visit if you like noise, I prefer a quieter place though when I'm eating dinner.

Visited September 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Kick back and enjoy a great meal at the Squire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went shopping and Chatham today and asked the owner of The Crooked Fence for a casual seafood restaurant. She recommended three different places within walking distance from the store. After looking at the menus of all three restaurants, we decided to try The Chatham Squire. We had the oysters on a half shell (very fresh), chowder (of course...very tasty), prime rib and Chatham cioppino. Each entree is made to order. I know because the cioppino has swordfish, which I don't eat (high mercury levels). Our waitress confirmed that the chef can make the dish without swordfish. I received a very generous helping of gigantic and tasty scallops in place of the fish. The food was very good. The portion size is quite generous. The menu has a lot of variety so you should not have any issues finding something you like. Stop by this place the next time you are in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
PONTYCLUN
“VERY GOOD PUB GRUB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a very good steak and good beer,the atmosphere was great and the service was excellent.Unlike in the Uk our "server" knew all about the types of beer so she could advise us which to choose.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blairstown
“Nice Tavern Atmosphere and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We dined here twice, although the restaurant was busy they have lots of tables and a bar to sit at while you are waiting. We did not feel rushed and the food came in a timely fashion. Both nights we were very happy with the dinner selections, especially the halibut special over brocolli raab. A nice place to have a relaxing informal dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Central location, great place to stop for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you know Chatham, you know the Squire. I have dined here countless times. It is on Main Street, and if you are walking around town, it is a good place to stop for lunch. Very casual, and good for families, but it does get pretty noisy and very busy in the summer months. I think the prices are very reasonable, and the food is consistently interesting and tasty. I usually advise newcomers to stop here for lunch on their first visit to Chatham, and they all enjoy their visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere