“Breezes, right in Chatham - classic Cape Cod” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off 2 or more nights
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Chatham
charlotte
“Breezes, right in Chatham - classic Cape Cod”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went for classic Cape Cod and found it. We were on a budget but did not want to skimp on cleanliness, safety and service. We found it and more. The rooms were personally decorated, clean and provided all we needed at a very fair price for pricey Cape Cod and Chatham. We were walking distance to everything in Chatham and it was so easy for our little ones to get very tired running on the grassy knolls. The weather was crisp and the bike tails were great. They help was nice and the front desk gave us ideas we had not thought of. If you want privacy and quaintness, come here - especially if you want pools, shade and breeze - and comfort for kids. It would be nice if they had a snack bar but then it wouldn't be a motel - but there is a restaurant and c-store across the street. We will be back this summer.

Room Tip: Ask for recently redone rooms - we checked our room first and then switched to a location near the l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Farmington, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

ROOM: It was our first stay at the Highlander Motel. We found our rooms to be very clean, but outdated with no decoration and not enough furniture in the room. We were a family of four and took a room with two beds. There were only two chairs in the room, so only two of us at a time could sit down - not good if you want to play games with the kids in the evening etc.. On the positive side we were happy to find a refrigerator & a coffee maker in the room.

CHECK-IN: when we were checking in, all we got is a very cold reception; the front desk person didn't even introduce herself. There were no welcoming words, not even a standard "hello-welcome-to-Highlander-Motel". Actually, an initial mail from a robot at Webmaster.com confirming our reservations, was more pleasant & warm, than all the subsequent contact we've had with Highlander Motel front desk/employees.

CHECK-OUT: before we left, I went to the office to see if I still needed to pay/sign for the remaining balance. The lady at the front desk initially said I was all set, but then checked her slips, and informed me I still needed to pay. I did... however, upon my arrival at home, I noticed on my credit card statement that I was double-charged. When I contacted Highlander, the reception lady replied "I know I questioned you when you said you owed but you insisted that you had just done the deposit". In reality I asked if I still needed to pay & sign for the balance; surely, I did not insist to be double-charged.

In the end the money was refunded back to my credit card, but it took several emails & days before it was done.

CONCLUSION: All in all it was not a pleasant stay. Considering the money we paid for the pretty outdated room, I would have expected a bit more hospitality. I do not recommend and I will not be staying at this place again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I adored the Highlander. It was the perfect location to town, but I also like to walk, so the mile may be a little far for some. It is a peaceful place and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I reserved what was described on their website as "the nicest room" they had so I am not sure what the others look like and the site does a good job describing each room. My room was extremely clean -- and I mean everything. What I didn't like may just be staying in a motel - the noise from people/cars in the parking lot, some noise between rooms though not excessive, and the small TV that had poor reception, which may have been a Comcast issue. The air conditioning was also a little loud. There were good dining choices nearby and I never ran out of things to do. I got the feeling from walking around the small property that the owners care a lot about the appearance of their place and saw workers throughout my stay taking care of things around the grounds. This is one of the few places I've stayed in that far exceeded my expectations and was much nicer in person.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
aspen, colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice motel in Chatham, conveniently located, service fine room is large. The main problem I had was that the room, well, frankly it smelled bad. Like stale urine. They need to do something about it, otherwise the place is fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
West Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Come to Cape every year Labor Day weekend and the Chatham Highlander is an excellent find. We requested our party all be together and we were. Everything you need was close to the motel. Clean rooms, 2 pools, manicured grounds. Could not give it 5 stars because the ice maker was out of service on Labor Day weekend, not all the rooms had flat screened t.v.'s., and $20 cancellation fee no matter what. Look past that and you won't have to look any further for a great stay in Chatham.

Room Tip: If you plan on spending more time at the motel, stay in the back.......more to do.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was my third stay at the Chatham Highlander. I originally chose it because it was in Chatham and I was bringing my elderly mom and her friend. I returned with my parents, and this time with my husband.

The rooms are not just clean, but immaculate. Even though the motel is old (the bathtub, sink and toilet are those salmon colors from the 50's or 60's), the upkeep is amazing. Beds are comfortable, coffee pots are now found in each room.

I don't give this property a higher rating because the extra touches just aren't there, and easily could be. The rooms are painted stark white. There isn't enough furniture. The TV is small. The toiletries are uninteresting.

When we checked in, we didn't get a welcoming word or even a smile, either. I would think that motel owners or managers would be very thankful for business this year.

I know we will return to this area of the Cape, but next time I will look for a more interesting and friendly place.

Room Tip: the rooms are all clean and decorated the same way, so it won't matter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Azle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

we had a change of plans, and asked at check-in to leave one night early in a 4 night stay. they interpret their "cancel only if we can rent the room" to mean "only if we can rent the whole motel including your room". so since they had 2 empty rooms for our last night + ours if we left early, they just said "it doesn't look good". I've rented a lot of rooms in a lot of places, changed a few, but don't think i've ever run into this interpretation. more than a few places seem to have gone out of their way to accomodate us. Not here. As for a place to stay, its clean and 1-2 mile walk to town on the highway. You can do better, for accomodation and for courtesy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chatham Highlander? Share your experiences!