“One of the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
RI
“One of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I found The Chatham Motel on tripadvisor and between the reviews and the rates it seemed like the best choice. I never imagined just how wonderful it would be. We started out our vacation on a bad note having been in a car accident within minutes of leaving our home. Someone plowed into the passenger side of our car making it impossible to open the car door or put the window up or down. No one was hurt and the car was drivable so we decided to soldier on in spite of being quite shaken up by the ordeal.
Well...from the first moment of our contact with the staff of The Chatham Motel our vacation began it's upward swing. We met Kevin who upgraded us from a standard room to a beautiful deluxe room in the renovated school house. It was like staying in a B&B. We had a lovely shared front porch where we had coffee in the morning and cocktails at night. The room as well as every area we came in contact with was immaculately clean. Any and all requests for towels or pillows were taken care of instantly and with a smile. I was even able to borrow a wine glass for my stay since I forgot to pack one and wine in a plastic cup just isn't my "thing". lol
All in all I cannot say enough about the location, the staff and the price. I look forward to coming back as soon as we can. Keep my wine glass ready!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rush, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I visit Chatham frequently. In the most recent years we have stayed at the Seafarer or the Chatham Highlander. This year we chose the Chatham Hotel based on the reviews at Booking.com. So glad we did. Our hosts, Kevin & Celeste were friendly and accommodating. The grounds were lovely, the pool was great, and our room in the remodeled school house was spacious, clean, quiet, and included a Kuerig coffee maker, a microwave oven, and a mini refrigerator. We definitely will return and highly recommend the Chatham Motel.

Room Tip: Recommend choosing the rooms in the schoolhouse if available.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed in this motel last weekend. We booked the room at the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there previously, but were still apprehensive (motels are usually kinda yuck). We were PLEASANTLY surprised with the quality of this motel! The room was so clean and the grounds were beautiful! Free wifi and an outdoor pool (it rained during our stay, otherwise we would have used it). Celeste and Kevin are super nice. Celeste gave us some great tips on scenic drives and where to see the best views. We had a great stay and look forward to booking our trip with them next year!

New Canaan, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding in Chatham. Hotel was very nice. The location is good. The rooms were pleasant and clean. The only negative was that the staff neglected to deliver or notify us that they had our 'welcome basket' for the wedding which had the weekend schedule and more importantly the transportation info to the reception. The bride & groom arranged for a trolley to take guests to and from the reception. Since we didn't get our welcome basket, we missed the trolley. Not happy about that.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We found our room (a deluxe with 2 queen beds) very clean and quiet. The proprietors are very on top of all aspects of their property. The cleaning staff was even cleaning the outside chairs and tables each day! My only complaint would be the very apparent smell of whatever perfumed cleaner they use in the rooms. We left windows open to air it out. We used the a/c at night instead of open windows because all rooms are ground floor. The hotel is set far enough away from the road to minimize traffic noise and for the 2 nights we were there, we did not hear our neighbors. This was all in line with the calm of the Cape and the Chatham Motel fit perfectly with the atmosphere of Chatham.

Room Tip: Our room had microwave and mini fridge so bring snacks!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Everything about the experience was excellent. The room was clean and spacious and the location was great. Just a few minutes to downtown chatham and just up the street from Oyster River. I would recommend this place to anyone interested in a getaway to Chatham!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was invited to spend an anniversary weekend with family at a high-end Chatham hotel. As it was too expensive for my wallet, on the strength of previous TripAdvisor reviews I selected The Chatham Motel and made a reservation for one of their quieter rooms. Good thinking on my part! On arrival I was pleasantly surprised by The Chatham Motel's attractive landscaping (flowers! trees!) and well maintained appearance. Proprietor Kevin was warm and polite, giving me a room between two unoccupied rooms to ensure quiet. Another pleasant surprise: my room was large, immaculate, attractive, comfortable, and equipped with good quality basics - no charges for unnecessary, unwanted stuff. My bed was comfy, the large bathroom super clean, and the air conditioner worked with quiet efficiency when needed. The motel's a convenient 5 minute drive from Chatham's restaurants and boutiques, 10 mins from beaches, and Kevin and Celeste's heap of good, current information ensures finding whatever you're after, be it pancakes for breakfast, a sail boat to rent for the day, or fine antiques. After a night of carousing, the Chatham Motel's well lit sign was easy to find on the otherwise unlit road. The Chatham Motel gives comfort and economy, and I can heartily recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Chatham Motel? Share your experiences!