“Just good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Charlemont, Massachusetts
“Just good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We live up the road from the Mohawk Pub. It's a place where hearty food is always available. Paul runs a fine kitchen that can feed a couple at the bar or a party of twenty in the dining room. Our after Thanksgiving dinner for our family of nine was served quickly. Full plates soon became empty plates surrounded by wide smiles. From fried clams to steak, portions are ample with tasty sides. Even the grand kids ate their veggies. Don't expect fine dining; just great food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlemont, Massachusetts
“Road Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was recently on a motorcycle trip in the Berkshires with some friends and we decided to find a place for lunch. We were on Rte.2 and came across this pub in Charlemont that is on a campground. There were several motorcycles in the parking lot, so we figured that it was a biker friendly restaurant. This place turned out to be great! The people were friendly, the atmosphere was kind of funky, a sort of combination of a sports bar / biker destination / family restaurant. The menu consisted of pub grub, comfort foods, steaks, seafood and daily specials. I got a 1/2 lb "Texas" burger that had everything but the kitchen sink on it, and they cook it the way you want it (less than medium if you don't mind). This would be place to stop by if you are on a road trip or out leaf peeping in the Berkshires. Also if you are into skiing, it is within sighr of the Berkshire East ski area.It may not be the Capital Grill, but it beats the snot out of the cookie cutter chain restaurants you always end up in. I would recommend it to anybody.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vermont USA
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This campground has a lovely site on the Deerfield river. Great area for rafters and kayakers especially. I like the restaurant - the menu is extensive with lots of choices, mostly pub type food, has a casual pub/bar atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our escape away from phones, work, & crabby people - great motorcycle riding too!!!! Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The owners Paul & Deb are awesome to have known for over 10 years. My husband & I have been going there since way back when starting just 2 days before Memorial day weekend. Since that time we have increased our stay there up to 8 days and love it so much we would also love to go back even more during the year. The campground has everything you need, so clean, so beautiful and so accommodating to everyone of all ages. It's now going on 15 years, faithfully returning every year and loving it more & more. The first few times we had tents, then we moved up some & finally bought a small tow camper LOVE IT! I would have to say, it is definitely an adult get away for my choice but I do love kids. We have been going here for so many years with of course all adults cuz it was I only trip away from our children where we could be us, ride like we all love to do & the freedom to stay up all night with no hassles from our kids. I so recommend everyone to give this place a try out and believe you me, you WILL GO BACK AGAIN. miss you Paul, Deb, Penny & Glen xoxoxo

My husband (Hap) just made an important call to Deb & Paul to see if we could come this weekend if there were an open slot for our CAMPER LIKE SITE 99 OR 100 BUT ANY WOULD DO!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Been going there for camping the past 11 years. The owners Paul and Kathy do a great job at accommodating our group of 15. Since the campground is on the deerfield river its a plus. Also being able to just walk to the pub is even a bigger bonus, no need to drive. Excellent place to take the family.

• Visited August 2011