“THE BEST B&B EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“THE BEST B&B EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband Kevin and I stayed at Rick and Tom's AMAZING inn for my husband's birthday. It was our first time staying at a B&B and our first time traveling around Cape Cod, and I have to say that the experience blew our minds. Rick and Tom were gracious hosts and the home was warm, inviting, and full of that English Cape Cod charm that we were searching for! Rick and Tom were extremely accommodating, making sure that we loved our room and that we had everything we needed or desired. The rooms are sumptuous, the furniture both comfortable and elegant, harkening back to another time. They even have the most lovely little tea and coffee area, right by the stairs, offering the best tea I've ever had! I literally made tea every day, just so I could sit in their sitting room to read and relax.

And if you are a foodie who LOVES scones, look no further. Rick and Tom delighted me and my husband with their "scone wars" during breakfast. Every day, they each made their own recipes, and we got to enjoy the BEST scones we've ever had. Not to mention their Belgian waffles, country sausage, and fruit and yogurt parfaits.

Rick and Tom were even MORE amazing in that they helped us plan our day trips. We saw all the sights that Cape Cod had to offer by using the routes that they suggested (from amazing lookout points, beaches, delicious seafood restaurants, martini bars, to even hole-in-the-wall coffee shops!) They certainly know the best places in Cape Cod and will ensure that you experience it all!

Captain David Kelley House has all the charm, ambiance, and pure relaxation that you could ever hope for. I know that me and my husband will be coming back as soon as we can! This is a MUST stay place if you are going to be in the Cape Cod area.

Room Tip: Stay in the Captain Kelley room, best room in the house! Comfortable bed, bright and sunny room, and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was an annual get-together trip with a dear friend Where to begin the accolades? The lovely rooms, the warm greeting and ambiance, the delightful royal presentation of the breakfast scones, the great concierge reservation service, the Zumbathon? I am sure I am forgetting more of the details of the wonderful weekend spent at the CDK, but you get the idea. Rick and Tom are the greatest and made me feel right at home. I would highly recommend visiting for a relaxing and pampered get- away and as a "base camp" for exploring the cape.
I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
North Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Rick and Tom are wonderful hosts. The breakfasts are outstanding, the decor is tasteful and the atmosphere at the Captain David Kelley House is warm and welcoming. It is within walking distance from Craigville Beach and Four Seas Ice Cream, and the village of Centerville is a great place. It's our favorite B and B by far!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

A wonderfully delightful weekend at the Kelley House. The Downton weekend was fabulous…the dinner exceptional, the service perfect, the accomodations fit for a lord and lady, hosts entertaining….Everything about staying here makes a person feel comfortable and at the same time gives one the feeling of being treated like royalty!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I drove to the Cape from Charleston, SC in mid-March after having to cancel an earlier trip due to weather. We were not disappointed. Rick and Tom were better than family in providing us a wonderful haven to enjoy our winter getaway. Our room was perfectly appointed and everything we needed was right at hand. The breakfasts were incredibly good and healthy including the scones that were expertly prepared by both our hosts as part of their friendly rivalry to be declared the King of Scones! We highly recommend visiting the Cape at any season to enjoy this special oasis and the charm of two terrific hosts. Jan

Room Tip: We stayed in the Patience room named for the Captain's wife. It was lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have lost count how many times we have stayed at the Captain David Kelley House; we always have such a great time, we can't stop going back! My husband and I have celebrated our birthdays and anniversaries there for the past several years.Tom and Rick are great hosts and always make our weekends there special. Breakfast is always delicious, and we especially enjoy the "scone wars"(although we can never decide on a winner!) We have stayed in most of the guest rooms at the inn. Every room is beautifully decorated. Tom and Rick are very conscientious about every detail. We always have such a good time we are sad to leave. We can't wait until our next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, Massachusetts, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Thank you Rick & Tom for a most memorable weekend. Everything about my weekend with you was perfect. You both give 100% of everything you do. I stayed in the Alexander Suite and just loved it. The bed was very comfortable and everything is so spotless and clean. The Downton Abbey dinner was so well thought out and just wonderful. I have many photos of the whole weekend to remember my wonderful stay and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Captain David Kelley House? Share your experiences!