“Don't do mail order” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Centerville Pie Co.

Centerville Pie Co.
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Las Vegas NV
“Don't do mail order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have never felt compelled to write about a restaurant before until now. I was sent a Centerville chicken pie and a berry pie as gift by a friend. My friend had enjoyed hers a lot and raved about how GREAT it was and wanted me to enjoy one of "Oprahs Favorites" as she had. After many delays (back-order problems) my pies arrived. I was delighted to finally recieve my pies. When UPS delivered it I took the box in and the dry ice bag was empty but, the pies were still frozen so, I guessed it was alright all the same. When I looked at label to bake it it said 60min. When I read label on back it said 60 to 90min or until proper temp. Which delayed my dinner plans. (no big deal) however, the differing labeling was weird. The real problem was the taste. The chicken was so old tasting.,I was afraid to actually afraid to eat it considering that the dry ice bag had been empty and I feared maybe somewhere along the way the pie may have thawed and been refroze. I don't know but, all I know it was the WORST tasting chicken pie I had ever tasted. I could not believe my friend and every thing I read about these was so positive. Also, I have never had a chicken pot pie with nothing but chicken and gravy. Where was the peas,carrots, potatos? I did read label and by golly it did state chicken and gravy also, the gravy in the pie never blended properly and was separated and made the pie watery with chunks of gravy through out. To say something positive about this pie was the container of gravy was o.k. and the crust was the best darn crust I've ever tasted. I LOVED that crust too bad the filling didn't measure up. Maybe the problem was the mail order because, I can't believe I am the only person that hated the pie. Now my problem is I had to trash a pie (minus some of crust) and I have a berry pie in freezer I don't know if I should take a chance on and try or not. I didn't get sick from the few bites of the chicken pie. Also, I don't know what to tell my friend when she asks me how I liked her gift. I don't want to hurt her with the truth since she had spent so much to mail me these pies (with postage $80+) but, I do'nt ever want to see that pie delivery again. Maybe at the restaurant it is o.k. but, west coast delivery DON'T Do it.

Visited November 2012
KristinCPC, Owner at Centerville Pie Co., responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our pies and we are very sorry to read of your experience. We wish you had contacted us directly and we could have addressed each of the issues with you. We work extremely hard to produce a quality product, and in your case, we surely failed. We receive so many wonderful comments about our products. When we read comments like you've written, we'd love to have the chance to redeem ourselves.
We are very proud that we are able to employ 50+ disabled adults. Comments like yours, although disappointing to read, allow us to fix our errors and keep our friends at Capeabilities employed. Please contact Kristin directly at 774-470-1406.

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Oprah Winfrey did not ruin this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Homemade chicken and meat pies made by local staff who employ staff from Cape Abilities. A wonderful addition to the community. But, most of all, you will never have a better chicken pie. Buy a bunch for the freezer. Wonderful warm, rib-sticking delight on a cold winter night. Just pop it in the toaster oven for 1 hour. Their fruit pies and - oh my - coconut macaroons are to die for!

Visited November 2012
Osterville
“Fun Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Chicken pie, amazing.
They sell them on Value Vision as well.
They served one to Oprah and she went crazy.
Treat yourself, a happening place with fun food.

Visited August 2012
“Absolute must eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my second visit to the Pie Shop. I love this place! Food is excellent and service is great. You feel like you are at a family members house eating! We came for breakfast and purchased the chicken pie and shepherds pie to take with us to the Vineyard. Kristin and Devin make you feel at home. I love this place and highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“No pie here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stopped in to pick up a pie for dinner. I was told, oh, no, you have to order one. What, you are a pie company, and one can not stop by to buy a pie? No, you must order a week in advance. Thank you, no pie can be that good.