“My new Boston area go-to hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
New York
“My new Boston area go-to hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time.

The Homewood Suites in Canton is a fairly new property; everything in our studio suite was clean, modern, and attractive. The suite includes a fully equipped kitchen - including the little details like plenty of plates/utensils and soap for the dishwasher. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows in the room - five on the bed and another in the closet. The free breakfast was nice - a waffle iron, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and a hot selection of veggie eggs, sausage, and potatoes, and the staff was really on top of keeping everything fresh.

The hotel is very easy to find, situated near a Dunkin Donuts, liquor store, and gas stations. There are some commuter rail stations nearby, but I was surprised to see that trains were only running every 2 hours on a Saturday (and that the last train left Boston near 11pm!). We opted to drive about ten minutes to Quincy Adams to catch the T, where parking was ample (though this probably will not be the case during the week) and trains were going every 15 minutes.

Even though it's a little bit out of the way for a Boston visit, it's a great value and the staff make it worth the extra few minutes on the train. We decided to check out a night early because of a snow storm coming in; I figured we were better off just eating the last night's stay and making sure we got back to New York. When I explained why were leaving, I was shocked to be handed an adjusted bill without the final night on it. I was already sure I'd be coming back to this hotel and recommending others stay here, but now I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jgarces, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends, and we hope to see you soon on your next visit. Also, thank you for the nice words regarding our staff and our amenities. Feddback like this will only help our team continue to strive harder.

Jag Garces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a relatively new property located in the shadow of the Blue Hill. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Included breakfast offers a large selection of choices and is very tasty. Manager's reception in the evenings (Monday - Thursday) is very nice. Property is well maintained, rooms are clean and parking is convenient. A very nice place to stay in the Boston area and is conveniently located close to Meditech, Reebok, Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins and Dell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice feedback about our property's location and staff. We certainly are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and enjoy our comfortable suites, suite start breakfast, and manger's reception. We hope to see you on your next visit in the area.

North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here in March for a family trip to Boston. It seemed like a newer hotel and was very nice! The hotel had a free breakfast every morning that had many options. Also, during the week the hotel had a evening reception with a free dining choice and adult beverage. Very nice sized pool but always seemed a little cold. Also, had a good size workout area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback during your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our food and beverage options and you had a nice stay. We hope to see you on your next visit in the area.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Besides this hotel being just 1 year old, clean and luxurious-feeling, I was very impressed with the staff. While checking in, I mentioned I had a lot of luggage for just 1 night (including 2 pack'n'plays) and 2 toddlers that needed a nap. By the time I had moved the car to the back of the building and started unloading, a staff member came in saying the front-desk staff sent him to see if I would prefer a room closer to the entry/exit (instead of up on the 3rd floor). I said yes, that would be helpful, so he called assisted with the luggage, ran down the hall to call the front desk, opened a room for us, went back up to the front desk as we settled in and returned with the new room keys... all with a smile on his face. I cannot tell you how helpful that was. I will stay at this hotel whenever I visit and need a room in the future. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jgarces, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Our team is happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that we were able to give you excellent service during your stay. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you soon on your next visit in the area.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'm a high maintenance traveler. So it goes without saying that it takes a lot for me to be impresses. And this place impresses me. It's affordable with more amenities that could garner a higher nightly rate. For business travelers, it's perfect. For a family that likes to walk around, not so much because the surroundings have corporate headquarters. Not a nice place to take a walk. I'm here on business, so it works great. I love the full kitchen too. It has a stove, microwave, and a regular sized fridge neatly tucked out of the way. HOWEVER, the Internet is slow because the hotel is booked and many folks are sucking up the bandwidth. If streaming movies is your thing, then better find somewhere else to stay. If you just want to check your email and/or casual browsing, then you're safe. Lastly, the staff is extremely accommodating and go out of their way to say hello. I just haven't run into many motels like this. I'm hard to please, but I'm very satisfied here. I plan to make this my permanent place to stay during my Boston trips. (Oh, and a hearty FREE breakfast.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jgarces, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for making our hotel your permanent place to stay during your business travel. Our team is glad that you are able to utilize our spacious rooms with ktichens. We also want to thank you for your feedback regarding our Internet, for it is through feedback like this that we improve our service.

See you on on your next visit in the area.

Peru, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We arrived and Mary Ann at the desk made sure we had everything we needed. Let us know that they had drinks and pulled pork sandwiches available or if we wanted to go out what was close and good. She arranged our transportation back and forth to Meditech. Held our luggage on our last day there and was very helpful for our treck into Boston. The ladies in charge of the breakfast bar were so pleasant and accomodating. The beds were absolutely wonderful, slept like a rock.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the warm words for our team members. I will be sure to share this message to the breakfast staff and Mary Ann. Our team is also glad that you had a comfortable night in your room. We will see you soon on your next visit in the area.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for a week during Thanksgiving while visiting family in Boston with my wife, sister, and daughter. We had two rooms. A 1 bedroom suite and a single room. Great Find. This is now the place we will book. Brand new facility. Large rooms. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Good food. On-site Laundry facility. Nice Pool, well outfitted fitness center. Great location just off I-93 and I-95 junction. What else could you want? Definitely a winner. If this place is booked then try the Hampton Inn-Norwood. That was our previous place and is now our second choice thanks to this Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: go for the 1 bedroom suite.